• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

I dont know how to feel about this one. Doan would be awesome and given thats our move we front load the s*** out of the deal not handcuffing Kenny from other moves in the remaining three years. Again I am still on the fence about ridiculous six million is for a player like Doan, and everyone says he's a 50 points guy? I swear even at 35 here he would be well over 60, last year a slow year for him.

Guest RedWingsDad

Winning a Stanley Cup is a good reason but hey that's just me.

For sure... and I would have mentioned that had you asked "why would he? [sign with the Rangers]" ....but you actually asked "Why wouldn't he? [sign with the Rangers]"... to which I gave several plausible reasons.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Well according to our favorite hockeyyinsiderr, Pitt has offered Doan a 4 year $24M contract....$10M the first year, $8M the 2nd, $4M the 3rd and $2M the last... Thoughts? Should Holland offer something like this?

Nope, I just don't want Doan on a long term deal. I love the guy, I really do, but not for the next four years. As you and I have already discussed in another thread, I would rather have Arnott for a year than Doan for four.

Well according to our favorite hockeyyinsiderr, Pitt has offered Doan a 4 year $24M contract....$10M the first year, $8M the 2nd, $4M the 3rd and $2M the last... Thoughts? Should Holland offer something like this?

No way in hell. If this were true, and I highly doubt it coming from this guy, then Pitt is just trying to show up Philly.

Guest Crymson

HFBoards has censored his name. This is a good idea, because, especially in slow times such as these, he is a completely unreliable source.

If he indeed leaves Phoenix, I hope he goes to New York. The last thing I want to see is Doan in Vancouver, as if I didn't hate them enough already and then they add one of the most in your face players in the game? No thanks, c'mon Shane, bright lights, big city and all that jazz :ninja:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Consider the source, and the bad spelling, but Bucci just sent this out about an hour ago:

Was told tongiht that Buffalo''s four year, 30 million dollar offer to Shane Doan is legit. Coyotes only want to go two years for now.

I guess mystery solved now on who it was that offered $7.5m/year.

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/238093289876774912

Coyotes only want to go two years for now.

Wow. What a slap in the face for Doan, who has been with the franchise his entire career. Hopefully he tells the Yotes to sign some more AHLers to replace him.

If the yotes only want him for 2 years and that's all they're budging then he's more than gone from the franchise. He gave them every chance to come to terms with him inorder for him to stay with the franchise and you gotta respect that. He has given his heart, blood, and tears (we've seen it first hand once we pop em out of the posties) for the city and their franchise including postponing his timelines for other teams. All he wanted was some confidence that the franchise wasn't going to be relocated after this year, and a multi-year deal inwhich they should be all over especially with the lost of Whitney. Can't say he didn't give them every chance to remain on their roster and wear the sweater once again, but all signs now point that he will be leaving and most likely going to Vancouver. I only say Vancouver because he has personal ties there, and has brought his wife to most of the secondary meetings with the franchise (not saying most agents don't bring their S/O with them to meetings, or that it's a surefire thing because we've seen it in the past and them not signing).