• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#61 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Sorry....how about Datsyuk/Zettterberg/Filppula/Smith/ Seven 1st round picks....

Not even close... haven't you heard, Ryan is the bestest player ever!

Real talk: Ducks have said they won't trade Ryan unless they're offered something that blows them away. Won't happen. Ryan isn't worth much more than Fil/Franzen + a prospect/pick. Someone else said it somewhere, Ryan doesn't do much other than score, but he's not criticized for it because he's north-american.

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Shane Doan's agent, Terry Bross, said not only have #Blackhawks contacted them, but also that Doan has interest in joining Hawks.

BLAH!!!! Don't do it Shane!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#63 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Shane Doan's agent, Terry Bross, said not only have #Blackhawks contacted them, but also that Doan has interest in joining Hawks.

Please let them do this and play 6 million to do it.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#64 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

I don't really see the Hawks being willing to outbid anyone for Doan. Of course they checked into it, you'd be dumb not to. But they're stacked up front and could better use the money to shore up a weak defense and goaltending situation.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#65 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

This is nonsense. According to his agent everyone is interested and on Doan's short list.

#66 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I don't really see the Hawks being willing to outbid anyone for Doan. Of course they checked into it, you'd be dumb not to. But they're stacked up front and could better use the money to shore up a weak defense and goaltending situation.

Exactly why I want them to get Doan, they have a terrible goaltending tandem and a defense that features Oduya, as their #3 defenseman.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#67 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

The Detroit Red Wings wasted no time reaching out to Shane Doan in hopes of luring him to Detroit.

“They’ve shown interest,” Terry Bross, Doan’s agent, told the Free Press today. “I’ve gotten a voicemail from them that I have to return.”

Bross said he anticipates knowing this afternoon where the Phoenix Coyotes stand in regard to the issues surrounding ownership and their arena in Glendale, Ariz. If that isn’t cleared up, Bross said “we’ll start to accept offers tomorrow” for the longtime Coyote.

The Wings appear to have a lead.

“Yeah, I think Shane has interest in Detroit,” Bross said. “That would be fair to say.”

Doan, 35, became an unrestricted free agent July 1, but the lifelong Jets/Coyotes franchise player would prefer to stay in Phoenix. If he doesn’t get the sense the Coyotes will be able to stay put, he’s said he’ll consider going elsewhere.

http://www.kuklaskor...ted_shane_doan/

Sounds interesting to me!

Edited by LeftWinger, 09 July 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#68 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Doan's agent sure likes to tweet.

Not even close... haven't you heard, Ryan is the bestest player ever!

Real talk: Ducks have said they won't trade Ryan unless they're offered something that blows them away. Won't happen. Ryan isn't worth much more than Fil/Franzen + a prospect/pick. Someone else said it somewhere, Ryan doesn't do much other than score, but he's not criticized for it because he's north-american.

Well can we all agree that trading for a forward would be truly retarded given the situation were in?

#69 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Exactly why I want them to get Doan, they have a terrible goaltending tandem and a defense that features Oduya, as their #3 defenseman.

Right, I understand your logic there, but in actuality I think that in the long run it's better for us to have a solid top six than it is for the Blackhawks to have a weak defense. I think it's bad form to bank our success on another team's weaknesses.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#70 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Right, I understand your logic there, but in actuality I think that in the long run it's better for us to have a solid top six than it is for the Blackhawks to have a weak defense. I think it's bad form to bank our success on another team's weaknesses.

I think for 5.5 million over 3 years like some people want makes Detroit weaker. If any other team does sign him though I'd want it to be Chicago, because of the position it puts them in.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think for 5.5 million over 3 years like some people want makes Detroit weaker. If any other team does sign him though I'd want it to be Chicago, because of the position it puts them in.

Well it may put Chicago in a position of no cap, but it makes them better than Detroit....Detroit has $16M in cap, spending $5.5M of it on Doan will not make them weaker...it makes them better....30-40 goals better too! Also, Holland will be ditching some salary too with all the forwards...

#72 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Well it may put Chicago in a position of no cap, but it makes them better than Detroit....Detroit has $16M in cap, spending $5.5M of it on Doan will not make them weaker...it makes them better....30-40 goals better too! Also, Holland will be ditching some salary too with all the forwards...

Doan has never had more than 31 goals, and that was 5 seasons ago, Doan would be a 22/48 player in Detroit based upon is stat regression over the last 5 season.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#73 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

$5.5M per for 3 years....I will take it...he will be on the 1st or 2nd line here....

Lol, even at 38? Come on....

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#74 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Ha ha ha. Holland is firing blanks.

#75 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ha ha ha. Holland is firing blanks.

I'm getting a strong feeling that you don't think Holland is doing an adequate job.

#76 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Lol, even at 38? Come on....

I understand you want Defense first, they will probably sign Kubina and Quiney and call it a day... but we are very weak up front as a whole...especially on the goal scoring side of it...

#77 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I understand you want Defense first, they will probably sign Kubina and Quiney and call it a day... but we are very weak up front as a whole...especially on the goal scoring side of it...

And signing a 35 year old to a 3 year contract will solve that? Shouldn't we be thinking of long term?

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#78 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

I still would love Ryan here and then extend his contract when possible...if we got Ryan (or Nash for that matter) I would be fine with Doan for 2 years...but I still think it will be $5M+

BTW, does anyone remember if Detroit and Columbus were in the same "conference" in the proposed re-alignment? It not, then CMH would be a little more apt to trade with Detroit...

#79 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

supposedly the canucks, hawks, pens, kings, habs and wings all have mutual interest

#80 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

yeah they were definitely in the same group, region I think they were calling them. Anyway, it was us, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Dallas, Columbus, Minnesota, and Winnipeg.