• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#121 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Or perhaps makes their salaries a little cheaper.

precisely!

#122 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Holland thinks way more than most GM's. Not sure if you've noticed but Holland DOES NOT TRADE. So an NTC doesn't really matter, it just makes the player feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Slava Kozlov says hello, as does Anders Erikson... Let's not even get started on the players Holland acquired via trade (Hasek, Larionov, Murphy, Stuart, etc, etc, etc)

But let's not let facts get in the way...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#123 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

I think ya better calllll Shane Doaaannn
And tell him come on, help you get your s***.

#124 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Slava Kozlov says hello, as does Anders Erikson... Let's not even get started on the players Holland acquired via trade (Hasek, Larionov, Murphy, Stuart, etc, etc, etc)

But let's not let facts get in the way...

spare me, you and I both know I didn't mean he NEVER trades, just rarely

#125 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

spare me, you and I both know I didn't mean he NEVER trades, just rarely

Yea, he trades when it makes sense... Say what you mean and mean what you say...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#126 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Yea, he trades when it makes sense... Say what you mean and mean what you say...

well i know were not supposed to make personal attacks anymore lol, but ur quite the stickler aye?

#127 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

well i know were not supposed to make personal attacks anymore lol, but ur quite the stickler aye?

Haha, sorry, the lack of quality posts/rational posts on here have me in a VERY literal sense on this board lately... I'm fed up with people being ungrateful turds towards the best GM in professional sports, just because the last year + hasn't gone as well as his previous 15...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#128 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Haha, sorry, the lack of quality posts/rational posts on here have me in a VERY literal sense on this board lately... I'm fed up with people being ungrateful turds towards the best GM in professional sports, just because the last year + hasn't gone as well as his previous 15...

ohhhhhhhh don't worry I'm 110% with you on that one lol

#129 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Give him 5,5 or 6 for one year, we could need what Doan can bring.

Edited by frankgrimes, 11 July 2012 - 01:05 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#130 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Fox Sports Arizona via twitter: Shane Doanís agent said if they donít have an answer by July 16th (regarding Phoenix situation), they may get serious with regards to other offers.

Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.. But in good news, the wings are believed to be among leaders for doan (if he leaves Phoenix) along with the Hawks and Nucks..

Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: The Maple Leafs are one of a dozen teams that are have made calls on Shane Doan. The Blackhawks, Red Wings and Canucks are thought to be the leaders. Others to have made a pitch are: Blues, Canadiens, Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Kings.

I'm not the biggest fan of doan so I really wouldn't mind if he signed elsewhere but te wings could really use a player like him IMO

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#131 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Doan in a Wings jersey, he brings some grit with him and can score
IPB Image

#132 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Honestly sick of all the specualtion with these trade rumors.

Wings are mentioned as leaders in every players alleged wish list but it doesnt mean a damn thing.

I have enjoyed all the hours of threads however!
Pass my days a lot quicker having new chapters each day and my this 'doan' thread jas most of my attention lately.

#133 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yeah I just don't get it. Throw a bunch of money at Semin, I don't care if it's $8M, just to do it for a one year gig, there's no risk and it's better than letting the money just SIT THERE.

I prefer Doan, but this I do agree with! Throw a 1 year $ton Million and see if he gels with Dats....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#134 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Fox Sports Arizona via twitter: Shane Doan's agent said if they don't have an answer by July 16th (regarding Phoenix situation), they may get serious with regards to other offers.

Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.. But in good news, the wings are believed to be among leaders for doan (if he leaves Phoenix) along with the Hawks and Nucks..

Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: The Maple Leafs are one of a dozen teams that are have made calls on Shane Doan. The Blackhawks, Red Wings and Canucks are thought to be the leaders. Others to have made a pitch are: Blues, Canadiens, Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Kings.

I'm not the biggest fan of doan so I really wouldn't mind if he signed elsewhere but te wings could really use a player like him IMO

Realistic (negative) Prediction: Holland blows off Semin, who signs for less money and term than most expect elsewhere. Doan gets to July 16th (or later) and chooses either Pheonix or one of the California teams to stay close to family. Holland trades away too much for Nash or Ryan, or does nothing. Signs Lilja on defense. Holland says "we tried, but we like our team and didn't need to do more than tweak". Wings again put too many miles on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, while most others continue to be passengers. Defense is atrocious and the offensive production decreases. Improved goaltending backup in Gustavsson essentially wins games that Conklin otherwise lost last season, offsetting most of the lost points in the standing. Wings finish 6th, are out in the first round.

Too negative?

#135 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yeah I just don't get it. Throw a bunch of money at Semin, I don't care if it's $8M, just to do it for a one year gig, there's no risk and it's better than letting the money just SIT THERE.

I prefer Doan, but this I do agree with! Throw a 1 year $ton Million and see if he gels with Dats....

Exactly. I don't get it. Not only hesitation on Holland's part, but published disinterest. I love Doan, and I'd love him even more with the Wings, but he isn't going to produce like Semin, and aren't we tired of putting all our eggs in one basket? Are we STILL so sure we're the top choice in all players' minds?

#136 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

I don't think Doan has enough left in the tank. I would pass.

#137 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Realistic (negative) Prediction: Holland blows off Semin, who signs for less money and term than most expect elsewhere. Doan gets to July 16th (or later) and chooses either Pheonix or one of the California teams to stay close to family. Holland trades away too much for Nash or Ryan, or does nothing. Signs Lilja on defense. Holland says "we tried, but we like our team and didn't need to do more than tweak". Wings again put too many miles on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, while most others continue to be passengers. Defense is atrocious and the offensive production decreases. Improved goaltending backup in Gustavsson essentially wins games that Conklin otherwise lost last season, offsetting most of the lost points in the standing. Wings finish 6th, are out in the first round.

Too negative?

You forgot the trade deadline.

"We like our team. Because of parity, every team in the playoffs has the same probability of winning it all. Just look at the Kings last year. I think there's also a feeling that we're an underdog; no one seems to be picking us to get past the second round, if that. I think that has us extra-motivated to go the distance."

(Out in the first round, in six games.)

Edited by Dabura, 11 July 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#138 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I don't think Doan has enough left in the tank. I would pass.

Doan is younger than Drake was when he came back in 2008 and laid himself on the line for a cup. Plus, Doan is a much bigger, grittier, and more skilled player than Drake ever was. Doan had 5 goals and 4 assists during this year's playoffs. That's a quarter of his regular season production in the playoffs. Not too shabby for a guy with no gas in the tank.

Wherever he lands, Shane Doan will kill or be killed for a Stanley Cup.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#139 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Doan is younger than Drake was when he came back in 2008 and laid himself on the line for a cup. Plus, Doan is a much bigger, grittier, and more skilled player than Drake ever was. Doan had 5 goals and 4 assists during this year's playoffs. That's a quarter of his regular season production in the playoffs. Not too shabby for a guy with no gas in the tank.

Wherever he lands, Shane Doan will kill or be killed for a Stanley Cup.

Agreed. Simply put - Doan is a difference maker while Semin and Nash are not. The kind of fire he has will rub off.

Edited by kook_10, 11 July 2012 - 11:08 AM.

works every time

#140 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Agreed. Simply put - Doan is a difference maker while Semin and Nash are not. The kind of fire he has will rub off.

Well I never said that Nash and Semin aren't difference makers, anybody that talented and with a history of high level offensive production is a difference maker. I was just responding to the guy who said Doan didn't have any gas left in the tank. At this point I'd be thrilled with any of the three, but I think that Semin will be the easiest (and surest) move given that I don't want to pin my hopes on Doan leaving the only team he's ever known, or on trades that are likely to be matched by other teams.

In the end I just want us to acquire at least one top line forward in free agency, because I've thought we lacked top six depth for the last three years. Then if you swap top six guys in a trade (e.g. Nash for Franzen (plus package) you're still up one with the FA signing.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."