• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How bad are we if our roster is now finalized?

Rate this topic

blah blah blah border line playoff team blah blah blah first round exit

BUT WAIT!

Quincey returns to his regular self! Kronners steps it up to fill Lidstroms shoes! Smith lives up to the hype and is the hottest young d-man! Kindl finally showing he was worth the 1st round pick! Howie and Monster are a dominating duo between the pipes! Tootoo puts up another 30 pts on the fourth line! Brunner turns out to be a faster and grittier Hudler! Nyquist makes the team at training camp and solidifies himself as a young gun top-6er!

Don't be so dead set on us "sucking"....all of the above are possible and even likely scenarios. Not saying we will win the presidents trophy or the cup next year but it could very well happen, were still one of the best teams around. Or we could be an 8 seed and go out in the first round. Who really knows, it's way to early to tell.

Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

Edited by centcougar07

LOL. What Cup is that? The cup of Christ?

Howard would have to steal every playoff series for us to win. So far, he's been decent in his career, but nothing spectacular in the playoffs. He's only beaten Bryzgalov and that's it.

Look at how much parity there is in the league. We aren't the leafs so we aren't guaranteed not to make the playoffs.

We could just as easily win the cup as we could suck.

How many of you actually follow hockey?

Geesus the LA kings from a month ago is all the farther you have to look.....hell after Rinne shut us down a lot of you were crowning the preds.

Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

Why do you care if Holland improves the roster? Aren't you here to sell us on the powerhouse Minnesota Wild?

Smith, Tatar, and Nyquist are youth movement, but people want a 35 year old Doan. The other half of people think teams are lining up to trade their Drew Doughty's and Keith Yandles' to Kenny Holland for Emmerton and Mursak....and anything less is viewed as a failure.

Damn you Kenny, Trade Emmerton and our 5th rounder for Hedman and Stamkos. Do.It.Now!!!!11

Wings are doomed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3a3mZExvo

Hmm....looked like my favourite player in his 20's on that 2nd goal. i forgot about that game. quite the snipe by Gus. Geez, maybe he can do that again this year if he doesn't get pawned off on the 4th line to play with Homer and Emmerton.

Look at how much parity there is in the league. We aren't the leafs so we aren't guaranteed not to make the playoffs.

I didn't say we were guaranteed to miss the playoffs. I said this was a borderline playoff team.

But any talk of the Cup right now is a little silly. Unless Holland makes a big addition of some kind.

COUGAR!!!! I thought u were gone for good after you pretended to be a wings fan on here for like a month and then we all forced you out of the closet lmao

Glad to see you didn't read my post either, just like old times :) I'll break it down again for you so it's easier to understand, ok?

My point was: could we dominate and win all kinds of trophies? yes, we COULD. Could we also barely make the playoffs and exit in the first again? yes, we COULD. We simply don't know what Brunner, Nyquist, Smith, or Kindl will play like, there are many possibilities. We also don't know if there are more additions or trades coming so hold your trolling!!!!

See the keyword there was COULD. Hope that helps you this time around!!!

I didn't say we were guaranteed to miss the playoffs. I said this was a borderline playoff team.

But any talk of the Cup right now is a little silly. Unless Holland makes a big addition of some kind.

that is why i said i don't think so, then you comment back like i was saying something else. But there is a whole season to make us cup-ready and cmon, do you think the devils roster was anything special?

Wings are still deeper and better than the Wild. Come talk about teams futures when the Wild make the playoffs, and you can start with the bragging rights when they win the cup. Or even a presidents trophy for that matter.

This offseason, all the other GM's, including Yzerman unfortunately, overpaid for what was out there. Next offseason, we've all seen the list of guys that could be had and half the GM's won't have two cents to rub together from their gross overspending this offseason and Kenny will be able to sit and sift through the pack. Weber, Getzlaf and Iginla seems pretty nice to me. This year we can watch a few prospects develop and rotate others in to see if they can hack playing in the NHL. Then next offseason, sign a couple bigger names and see what prospects are ready to go....like Jarnkrok centring the 3rd or 4th line.

I'd take the Wings' future over the Wild any day. At least Kenny still has options and money that can be spent.

You know this how?

I would have called you silly if had you said at the end of the regular season that either the Kings or the Devils were going to go on to win the stanley cup. But then I would have ended up eating my words wouldn't I? You haven't even watched this team play one regular season game yet and you've already written them off. We have no idea how Smith, Kindl, Gus, or Brunner are going to play. What if all 4 completely break out this year????? We could be one of the top teams in the league. And if they don't we could be this "borderline playoff team" your talking about. We will still contend though, and even if we are an 8 seed we could still pull an L.A. Kings in the play-offs, you simply never know.

Guest The Axe

Nyquist is getting the old ken holland treatment. Bertuzzi and Holmstrom for 2 more years

I think we are a 6-9 team in the west.

If we make the playoffs we are out in a round.

This team and management is losing the midas touch and I was hesitant to post on these boards during the offseason but I knew we weren't going to land Suter or Parise.

WE AREN"T A PLACE THAT FREE AGENTS WANT TO GO TO!

Unless you are a former wing....

Edited by stuck in socal

Guest Johnz96

He could have Fu*ked himself Royally by overpaying for Suter and Parise like the Wild did.

He could have Fu*ked himself Royally by overpaying for Suter and Parise like the Wild did.

In all fairness, he tried to. Ken Holland is not smart because he knew better then to sign Parise and Suter to a long huge contract. He lost out because they wanted to play in Minny. He tried and failed remember that.

In all fairness, he tried to. Ken Holland is not smart because he knew better then to sign Parise and Suter to a long huge contract. He lost out because they wanted to play in Minny. He tried and failed remember that.

Holland also offered Suter $90mil over 13 years, not $98mil and he offered Parise considerably less, somewhere in the 6.5mil range apparently. therefore, they would have combined for 13-13.5 mil per year, not 15.

COUGAR!!!! I thought u were gone for good after you pretended to be a wings fan on here for like a month and then we all forced you out of the closet lmao

Glad to see you didn't read my post either, just like old times :) I'll break it down again for you so it's easier to understand, ok?

My point was: could we dominate and win all kinds of trophies? yes, we COULD. Could we also barely make the playoffs and exit in the first again? yes, we COULD. We simply don't know what Brunner, Nyquist, Smith, or Kindl will play like, there are many possibilities. We also don't know if there are more additions or trades coming so hold your trolling!!!!

See the keyword there was COULD. Hope that helps you this time around!!!

Yeah, and I COULD titty f*** the s*** out of Kate Upton tomorrow, but I doubt it'll happen.

You know this how?

I would have called you silly if had you said at the end of the regular season that either the Kings or the Devils were going to go on to win the stanley cup. But then I would have ended up eating my words wouldn't I? You haven't even watched this team play one regular season game yet and you've already written them off. We have no idea how Smith, Kindl, Gus, or Brunner are going to play. What if all 4 completely break out this year????? We could be one of the top teams in the league. And if they don't we could be this "borderline playoff team" your talking about. We will still contend though, and even if we are an 8 seed we could still pull an L.A. Kings in the play-offs, you simply never know.

Except the L.A. Kings were way more skilled, way younger and way bigger than the Red Wings.

I think we are a 6-9 team in the west.

If we make the playoffs we are out in a round.

This team and management is losing the midas touch and I was hesitant to post on these boards during the offseason but I knew we weren't going to land Suter or Parise.

WE AREN"T A PLACE THAT FREE AGENTS WANT TO GO TO!

Unless you are a former wing....

No Kidding. Couldn't even get in the room to talk to Justin Schultz

Overpaying? At $7.5 Million each? They were getting $110 Million dollar offers elsewhere. I call that a pretty damn good deal especially when they are far and away the top 2 guys in the free agent market.

Edited by centcougar07

Hold on now!

Everyone Hold On!

I admit, I want Holland to trade some of the yoots to get Ryan or Nash or Yandle...but just a minute centcougar. Some of us have said, the yoot movement will not work, they are too green, but there are some who say, they a really good and should be given a chance to prove themselves...ok, nobody knows which side will be correct in the end, but I'll be damned if another teams fan is going to come in here saying Detroit has noone to replace Lidstrom or Stuart and Brunner is the biggest signing so Wings are gonna suck because of their unproven talent....HUH!?!? All this from a guy who touts the Wild's awesome future based on what? Unproven talent! Sure Mikail Granule of Salt is a very VERY good prospect, but so is Nyquist, so is Tatar, so is Mursak... You come in here and say Detroit needs to replace all these guys in order to be good, yet you tout the Wild as perennial Stanley Cup Champs because of unproven NHL talent... Your kid Granook or whatever the hell name it is, has yet to prove anything in the NHL, he could flop or he could excel! NOBODY knows! So don't come in here saying you KNOW that Nyquist or Smith or Brunner are going to flop and the team is gonna suck if Holland doesn't make some moves to get established guys...How dare you! Like I said, your Wild has a 3 year window and its over....you'll say goodbye to Heatley, The Gooch, Clutterbuck soon, you may not even keep your goalie...Your yoots may flop out because they cannot handle the NHL, NOBODY knows what a player is going to bring until they bring it...let's talk next July after we see who is good and who isn't!

and for your Young Guns analogy, I wouldn't give a drop of sweat off the guys ******* that made that bucket that I am going to piss in for YOUR future...

and before you go quoting me saying trade Mursak, trade Tatar, etc...I never said they weren't NHL ready...I said we have plenty of talent to replace them if they were needed to acquire Nash or Ryan...

It's funny how you come here and say one team is gonna suck because of unproven, yet highly touted talent and in the same s*** soiled breath you say another will be Champs with unproven, yet highly touted talent! I pity whoever marries you and if you have children, what's next you voted for the war, now you are against it? Let me quote another movie "Do us a favor, make like a tree and get out of here!"

Yeah, and I COULD titty f*** the s*** out of Kate Upton tomorrow, but I doubt it'll happen.

Yet you seem to be able to tell the future of hockey....I bet the kate upton thing happens before the Wild win a Cup...

No Kidding. Couldn't even get in the room to talk to Justin Schultz

I'm sorry? I know Detroit is close to Canada, but it's not IN Canada...didn't see the Wild on the short list either, maybe because they aren't in Canada?

Overpaying? At $7.5 Million each? They were getting $110 Million dollar offers elsewhere. I call that a pretty damn good deal especially when they are far and away the top 2 guys in the free agent market.

$110M offer from teams that had no chance to sign them, but offered them the world to try to sway them...again you seem to be omitting the part about family. Parise "If it weren't for family I'd be back in NJ..." Suter "I was leaning towards Detroit but decided to play where my family is" I hate to break it to you, but Minny ONLY got them because of family, they said themselves. I said it before, if their families lived in Seattle, WA they'd be playing for the Canucks...if they were from Fort Lauderdale, they be Panthers...what part of that do yo not understand? They didn't go to Minny because of their great team or stellar future...THEY WENT FOR FAMILY! And it took MORE money to get them there! Hey, if their families were from Ann Arbor, MI. guess where they'd be playing? Are you 12?

Edited by LeftWinger

In the next 3 years we have like 5 good forward prospects ready for the big show, where are we going to put them all? Make a trade and move a roster player (franzen etc) picks, and a couple forward prospects to get a good dman and top winger whose in his prime now. We dont need much more then that to contend. If doan was signed, a guy like bobby ryan on datsyuks wing, and say a subban type dman, then well atleastat at forward and goal we are better then last year, and our d isnt that bad. kindl and E is a very solid 3rd pairing. Our d takes a hit compared to last year but its NOT HORRIBLE. If howard stays healthy we have a good shot at the cup.

Hold on now!

Everyone Hold On!

I admit, I want Holland to trade some of the yoots to get Ryan or Nash or Yandle...but just a minute centcougar. Some of us have said, the yoot movement will not work, they are too green, but there are some who say, they a really good and should be given a chance to prove themselves...ok, nobody knows which side will be correct in the end, but I'll be damned if another teams fan is going to come in here saying Detroit has noone to replace Lidstrom or Stuart and Brunner is the biggest signing so Wings are gonna suck because of their unproven talent....HUH!?!? All this from a guy who touts the Wild's awesome future based on what? Unproven talent! Sure Mikail Granule of Salt is a very VERY good prospect, but so is Nyquist, so is Tatar, so is Mursak... You come in here and say Detroit needs to replace all these guys in order to be good, yet you tout the Wild as perennial Stanley Cup Champs because of unproven NHL talent... Your kid Granook or whatever the hell name it is, has yet to prove anything in the NHL, he could flop or he could excel! NOBODY knows! So don't come in here saying you KNOW that Nyquist or Smith or Brunner are going to flop and the team is gonna suck if Holland doesn't make some moves to get established guys...How dare you! Like I said, your Wild has a 3 year window and its over....you'll say goodbye to Heatley, The Gooch, Clutterbuck soon, you may not even keep your goalie...Your yoots may flop out because they cannot handle the NHL, NOBODY knows what a player is going to bring until they bring it...let's talk next July after we see who is good and who isn't!

and for your Young Guns analogy, I wouldn't give a drop of sweat off the guys ******* that made that bucket that I am going to piss in for YOUR future...

and before you go quoting me saying trade Mursak, trade Tatar, etc...I never said they weren't NHL ready...I said we have plenty of talent to replace them if they were needed to acquire Nash or Ryan...

It's funny how you come here and say one team is gonna suck because of unproven, yet highly touted talent and in the same s*** soiled breath you say another will be Champs with unproven, yet highly touted talent! I pity whoever marries you and if you have children, what's next you voted for the war, now you are against it? Let me quote another movie "Do us a favor, make like a tree and get out of here!"

Nyquist is a good prospect, but a second liner at his very best. Mursak and Tatar aren't even fit to sharpen Granlund's skates, ask any pro scout. Nobody has a crystal ball. But everyone with an iota of experience dealing with hockey players and specifically prospects will tell you that the Wild have probably the single best prospect pool in all the NHL. Detroit? Middle of the road. And a large part of that rating is due to the history of having good prospects I'm sure.

It's funny you would mention your little "3 year window theory" again. I already discredited you in the last thread you posted that in. Given that you have no knowledge of the Minnesota Wild organization, it was not a difficult task either.

And yet, they are expendable in order to get one player nearly past his prime like Nash. But yeah, they are super good.