• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How bad are we if our roster is now finalized?

Rate this topic

Yet you seem to be able to tell the future of hockey....I bet the kate upton thing happens before the Wild win a Cup...

I'm sorry? I know Detroit is close to Canada, but it's not IN Canada...didn't see the Wild on the short list either, maybe because they aren't in Canada?

$110M offer from teams that had no chance to sign them, but offered them the world to try to sway them...again you seem to be omitting the part about family. Parise "If it weren't for family I'd be back in NJ..." Suter "I was leaning towards Detroit but decided to play where my family is" I hate to break it to you, but Minny ONLY got them because of family, they said themselves. I said it before, if their families lived in Seattle, WA they'd be playing for the Canucks...if they were from Fort Lauderdale, they be Panthers...what part of that do yo not understand? They didn't go to Minny because of their great team or stellar future...THEY WENT FOR FAMILY! And it took MORE money to get them there! Hey, if their families were from Ann Arbor, MI. guess where they'd be playing? Are you 12?

Then if I were you, I'd stay FAR away from Las Vegas haha

Well anyway.. For everyone's convenience, I bolded, italicized and increased font size of every statement in this reply that is a lie, based on facts. You can feel free to try and come up with a link for this stuff, but you will never find it because, well... It was never said or never happened or is just a straight up lie. You're making it too easy for me son.

Nyquist is a good prospect, but a second liner at his very best. Mursak and Tatar aren't even fit to sharpen Granlund's skates, ask any pro scout. Nobody has a crystal ball. But everyone with an iota of experience dealing with hockey players and specifically prospects will tell you that the Wild have probably the single best prospect pool in all the NHL. Detroit? Middle of the road. And a large part of that rating is due to the history of having good prospects I'm sure.

It's funny you would mention your little "3 year window theory" again. I already discredited you in the last thread you posted that in. Given that you have no knowledge of the Minnesota Wild organization, it was not a difficult task either.

And yet, they are expendable in order to get one player nearly past his prime like Nash. But yeah, they are super good.

You truly do live in your own little world don't you?

http://www.hockeypro...rticleid=1347

Take a look at where the pro scouts rank the prospects...just keep quoting your 2009 prospect analysis...

You didn't discredit anyone...please indulge us...tell me how Granuts is going to blow away all of Getzky's records and lead Minny to 1900 straight Stanley Cups...Heatley is already being talked about in trade scenarios, plus you don't have to have knowledge of a organization when you have the internet..words dont lie, if the Wild dont win in 3 years, the ride starts all over!

Oh and about Tatar sharpening Grandrools skates...hmmmm, just checked the stats, your boy has never top 57 points EVER in his career, yet Tatar has twice PLUS has 3 years of North American hockey under his belt...your boy hasn't played here yet...hmmmm, not a fortune teller BUT he COULD be in for a bit of a shock...maybe, maybe not...point is, he hasn't proven anything and neither has Tatar, yet you are awarding your team the Cup based on him probing nothing so far and in the same sentence saying Detroit has no chance EVER because Tatar cannot sharpen skates? I can quote their stats for you if you'd like, but since you know everything about Detroit's prospects and organization, I will spare the rest of the users...

Then if I were you, I'd stay FAR away from Las Vegas haha

Well anyway.. For everyone's convenience, I bolded, italicized and increased font size of every statement in this reply that is a lie, based on facts. You can feel free to try and come up with a link for this stuff, but you will never find it because, well... It was never said or never happened or is just a straight up lie. You're making it too easy for me son.

Hmmm let's see:

He added that it was “very, very hard to leave” and “at the end it was between New Jersey and Minnesota. That’s what it came down to: just the idea of being able to come home and be around family.

http://www.nytimes.c...-with-wild.html

So since I just blew you out of the water with Parise, I will spare you the rest...and I found this in one google search....too easy SON!

Lamoriello said that Parise told him “if he wasn’t going home to Minnesota he would be coming to New Jersey. It was one of the toughest decisions he said he had to make. I respect that.”

I'll put this one in just in case you cannot read...

Edited by LeftWinger

Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet.ca reported that Suter is leaning toward Detroit

http://www.mlive.com...ecisions_f.html

Damn cougar, you make this too easy!

Oh and the $110M offer? Flyers....with whom Parise said would never sign with and Suter said he wouldn't play in the East...so ya, they had to offer them a ton more to express their interest and try to lure them and change their minds....it's over centcouger, you lost this debate, lick your wounds and be happy that you are a fan of their hometown team...you lucked out.

awwww....cat got your tongue? Go home...

Edited by LeftWinger

You truly do live in your own little world don't you?

http://www.hockeypro...rticleid=1347

Take a look at where the pro scouts rank the prospects...just keep quoting your 2009 prospect analysis...

You didn't discredit anyone...please indulge us...tell me how Granuts is going to blow away all of Getzky's records and lead Minny to 1900 straight Stanley Cups...Heatley is already being talked about in trade scenarios, plus you don't have to have knowledge of a organization when you have the internet..words dont lie, if the Wild dont win in 3 years, the ride starts all over!

Oh and about Tatar sharpening Grandrools skates...hmmmm, just checked the stats, your boy has never top 57 points EVER in his career, yet Tatar has twice PLUS has 3 years of North American hockey under his belt...your boy hasn't played here yet...hmmmm, not a fortune teller BUT he COULD be in for a bit of a shock...maybe, maybe not...point is, he hasn't proven anything and neither has Tatar, yet you are awarding your team the Cup based on him probing nothing so far and in the same sentence saying Detroit has no chance EVER because Tatar cannot sharpen skates? I can quote their stats for you if you'd like, but since you know everything about Detroit's prospects and organization, I will spare the rest of the users...

Hmmm let's see:

[/size][/font][/color][/left]

http://www.nytimes.c...-with-wild.html

So since I just blew you out of the water with Parise, I will spare you the rest...and I found this in one google search....too easy SON!

I'll put this one in just in case you cannot read...

http://www.mlive.com...ecisions_f.html

Damn cougar, you make this too easy!

Oh and the $110M offer? Flyers....with whom Parise said would never sign with and Suter said he wouldn't play in the East...so ya, they had to offer them a ton more to express their interest and try to lure them and change their minds....it's over centcouger, you lost this debate, lick your wounds and be happy that you are a fan of their hometown team...you lucked out.

awwww....cat got your tongue? Go home...

Yes, you're correct. If all of Minnesota's prospects and top players have their legs and arms cut off in 3 years, then it will start all over again. Otherwise, I fail to see how a team with a strong core, top prospects and plenty of future cap space will be rebuilding in 3 years. :eh:

Ooooo, this is gonna be fun.. Let's see.. Tomas Tatar.. 24 goals and 33 assists for a total of 57 points in 70 AHL games. Mikael Granlund.. 20 goals and 31 assists in 45 games in a superior and defensive minded league. That gives Tatar a .81 point per game average. Granlund meanwhile has a 1.14 point per game average in a league where he's playing with men years older than him. So please, tell me more about how a prospect who's playing against career AHL'ers and other players his same age and even younger with WORSE overall stats is even in the same stratosphere as Mikael Granlund.

Haha, Kyperos.. There's a solid source. He was also the one that broke the news that Parise had agreed to terms with Pittsburgh and that Schultz was going to choose Vancouver.

The funny thing is, the quote from Lou that you put up shows that Detroit wasn't even on his mind. That's how little appeal the Wings have right now. No doubt, this was a move made by BOTH of these guys with family strongly considered. But it wasn't THE reason, as you'd like to believe.

Here... http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/09/4619808/parise-suter-introduced-by-wild.html

There Parise talks about Mikko Koivu and how he loves the roster in Minnesota.

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=849&id=183826&cmpid=embed-share-video&navid=DL|MIN|home

Here's the link for the presser today where they BOTH talk about Minnesota's roster and the great young players they have coming up.

I know you're a desperate fan just trying to cling to anything that says the Wings are still a top team, but with the proper support groups.. You can get through it. You can get past the entitlement, the arrogance, the ignorance... It can all go away. The first step is admitting you have a problem. :colgate::tounge:

Ooooo, this is gonna be fun.. Let's see.. Tomas Tatar.. 24 goals and 33 assists for a total of 57 points in 70 AHL games. Mikael Granlund.. 20 goals and 31 assists in 45 games in a superior and defensive minded league. That gives Tatar a .81 point per game average. Granlund meanwhile has a 1.14 point per game average in a league where he's playing with men years older than him. So please, tell me more about how a prospect who's playing against career AHL'ers and other players his same age and even younger with WORSE overall stats is even in the same stratosphere as Mikael Granlund.

:colgate::tounge:

Why not to compare Granlund to, say, Pulkkinen. You know that guy we have in our system..

2010-11 Jokerit Helsinki SM-liiga 55 18 36 54

2011-12 Jokerit Helsinki SM-liiga 56 16 21 37

last two seasons in, how you say, "in a superior and defensive minded league" and "in a league where he's playing with men years older than him". Looks like we're in "win-win" situation. If AHL is better we have Tatar, if for some reason you think Finnish local league is better, Pulkkinen is on par. Meanwhile, last WHC Granlund was a shadow of his former self. Bust? :)

Edited by RusDRW

Hold on now!

Everyone Hold On!

I admit, I want Holland to trade some of the yoots to get Ryan or Nash or Yandle...but just a minute centcougar. Some of us have said, the yoot movement will not work, they are too green, but there are some who say, they a really good and should be given a chance to prove themselves...ok, nobody knows which side will be correct in the end, but I'll be damned if another teams fan is going to come in here saying Detroit has noone to replace Lidstrom or Stuart and Brunner is the biggest signing so Wings are gonna suck because of their unproven talent....HUH!?!? All this from a guy who touts the Wild's awesome future based on what? Unproven talent! Sure Mikail Granule of Salt is a very VERY good prospect, but so is Nyquist, so is Tatar, so is Mursak... You come in here and say Detroit needs to replace all these guys in order to be good, yet you tout the Wild as perennial Stanley Cup Champs because of unproven NHL talent... Your kid Granook or whatever the hell name it is, has yet to prove anything in the NHL, he could flop or he could excel! NOBODY knows! So don't come in here saying you KNOW that Nyquist or Smith or Brunner are going to flop and the team is gonna suck if Holland doesn't make some moves to get established guys...How dare you! Like I said, your Wild has a 3 year window and its over....you'll say goodbye to Heatley, The Gooch, Clutterbuck soon, you may not even keep your goalie...Your yoots may flop out because they cannot handle the NHL, NOBODY knows what a player is going to bring until they bring it...let's talk next July after we see who is good and who isn't!

and for your Young Guns analogy, I wouldn't give a drop of sweat off the guys ******* that made that bucket that I am going to piss in for YOUR future...

and before you go quoting me saying trade Mursak, trade Tatar, etc...I never said they weren't NHL ready...I said we have plenty of talent to replace them if they were needed to acquire Nash or Ryan...

It's funny how you come here and say one team is gonna suck because of unproven, yet highly touted talent and in the same s*** soiled breath you say another will be Champs with unproven, yet highly touted talent! I pity whoever marries you and if you have children, what's next you voted for the war, now you are against it? Let me quote another movie "Do us a favor, make like a tree and get out of here!"

This made me feel all warm and fuzzy...

Yes, you're correct. If all of Minnesota's prospects and top players have their legs and arms cut off in 3 years, then it will start all over again. Otherwise, I fail to see how a team with a strong core, top prospects and plenty of future cap space will be rebuilding in 3 years. :eh:

A strong core? You keep telling yourself that buddy. You can put the most expensive roof on a house but without a solid foundation, it's just going to crumble...

And how about your Jack Adams award winning coach and ALL his years of experience coaching at the NHL level? Oh wait...

Plenty of future cap space? Does anyone have a spare clue to give this guy???

Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

Yeah it really sucks that we may have one off year after winning 4 championships in the last 15 years. :sleepy:

Hard to say because you don't know who makes the team. It isn't as bad as everyone thinks, but there will be at least a 7th dman added and it sounds like Doan or Semin are possible.

I am thinking of starting a devils advocate blog to just point out the opposite opinions of everyone when it comes to the Wings. Here is one taste. This team doesn't need a big trade or a big signing at this point. There are enough top six forwards and top four defensemen on the team already... just need the right chemistry and team system. The power play was awful last year and so was the offense. A new coach helps that.

The power play was awful last year and so was the offense. A new coach helps that.

It was awful every year since 2008 (including 2009 SC). Makes me think it is more about players not wanting to work hard rather than 3 coaches who tried to run it.

You discount Brunner who led the Swiss Elite League in points, but you have a huge boner for Granlund who got considerably less points in a comparable league? Keep putting your foot in your mouth. Also, Tatar's what 21? He's been playing against guys way older than him for 3 years now and putting up decent numbers, and this is in a league that has better D and they are much bigger and they hit. I guess we'll find out this year if Granlund earns the $2.1 mil contract he was awarded by your superior GM for being "a good prospect". And your projection for Nyquist being 2nd line max for his potential, pull your head out of your ass. He was at .60 ppg on the 2nd/3rd line before Franzen floated back into the line up and he got plugged on the 4th line. Playing in the top 6 next year, he will in all likelyhood top 50 pts for his actual rookie campaign. Until proven otherwise, my speculation is just as credible as your hate mongering for the Wings' prospects, and anyone's that isn't your precious Wilds' for that matter.

If we have a healthy dats, z and helm down the middle we will always be in the top of the conference. Semin or Doan up front and another servicable top 4 guy on the back end and we will be right in the mix.

If we are healthy and Bert is on the top line I will shoot myself..I love Bert but he is not a top line guy..2nd/3rd liner...15 goals would be nice..20 would be awesome...and he can own the shootouts.

Edited by puckbags

I know you're a desperate fan just trying to cling to anything that says the Wings are still a top team, but with the proper support groups.. You can get through it. You can get past the entitlement, the arrogance, the ignorance... It can all go away. The first step is admitting you have a problem. :colgate::tounge:

So when Parise scores less than 30 goals, Suter is a minus player and the Wild miss the playoffs, are you going to be gone for good or are you going to be a reoccurring troll that we have to keep putting up with?

Right now, I'm not sure this team is a playoff team.

Our offense is slightly better than it was. Sammy and Tootoo are upgrades over Hudler and a bottom 6 player, but not drastically so. Tootoo adds a new element to our play that can inspire Abdelkader and Ericsson, but I'm not sure if that'll result in more than a few wins.

The big concern is our defense. It looks godawful without Lidstrom. The only really high caliber player we have is Kronwall. The others we're just hoping will pick up their game.

And that's what worries me the most. We're just sort of hoping that these players will suddenly blossom into great NHL players. There's a very good chance Nyquist, Smith, etc. have relatively quiet seasons.

It's an unfinished team for sure. Our needs are exactly the same as they were before the season ended: a Lidstrom replacement and a top 6 scoring winger.

Guest irishock

I'm thinking Vancouver, St. Louis, LA, Nashville, and San Jose are heads and shoulders above us. We're in the same class as Chicago, Dallas and possibly Anaheim. I only wish we had guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen to steady the ship in 2006. Right now, we literally have 1 defensemen who is a legit top 4 D-man. The defense as it stands will allow close to 3 goals a game for sure, compared to last year's 2.

The truth is somewhere in the middle of top 4 and out of playoffs team,6-8 spot I'd say.

But,hey, without the pressure of contender label maybe our beloved team could make wonder next spring :tounge:

You never know. Parity!

Although the lack of work ethic among our players the past two years is troubling, and the roster hasn't been shaken up all that much. Our bottom 6 is better but I was really hoping for a change to the top 6 to spark another year of domination like 2007-09.

So even though Detroit still has a strong core of players and, according to expert pro scouts, has a better prospect pool than the Wild, they are nowhere near winning and the Wild are going to win 20 Cups?

Ooooo? Hope you had fun, but uh Tomas Tatar has played THREE season in GR totaling 204 games, 64G 83A TTL 147 PTS. But thanks for looking at one season. That is three years experience playing with MEN and other TOP prospects in the game. Hey if the AHL is so inferior, why doesn't the NHL just make their minor league affiliates all in the FInnish Local League? Listen, nobody is saying Granuld sucks, yet you come in here and say Tatar cannot sharpen his skates and he sucks...thats the difference between you and Red Wings fans, we acknowledge other teams good players, you and most other fans of other teams just come here and say how bad the Wings are going to be...yet that never happens...

Haha, Kyperos.. There's a solid source. He was also the one that broke the news that Parise had agreed to terms with Pittsburgh and that Schultz was going to choose Vancouver.

Ya, he is so full of s*** that he could never get a job working for the number one broadcasting station in Canada and knows nothing about hockey or has any friends in the industry...he should be flipping burgers...

The funny thing is, the quote from Lou that you put up shows that Detroit wasn't even on his mind. That's how little appeal the Wings have right now. No doubt, this was a move made by BOTH of these guys with family strongly considered. But it wasn't THE reason, as you'd like to believe.

:D Funny thing is, I never said Detroit was on his short list, I said that HE said if it wasn't for family, he'd be back in NJ...You said he never said that, well again, he did, I proved it, now take your medicine and realize the truth. HE ONLY CHOSE MIN OVER NJ BECAUSE OF FAMILY. He didn't choose Detroit because they offered him fair market value, not an over inflated salary, because Detroit was on his first list until they wouldn't offer him MORE money...

Here... http://www.sacbee.co...ed-by-wild.html

There Parise talks about Mikko Koivu and how he loves the roster in Minnesota.

http://video.wild.nh...vid=DL|MIN|home

Here's the link for the presser today where they BOTH talk about Minnesota's roster and the great young players they have coming up.

Gee lets see, I just signed to play for a team for the next 13 years and when I get introduced and asked questions about the team, I am gonna say how bad the team is and how I already reget signing here...you are foolish! What do you expect them to say? They also said they loved playing in NJ/Nash and will give them every opportunity to offer them contracts... When a player signs somewhere and then at the presser comes in and says, "Man this team is bad, I only signed here for the money" post that video link up so we can all see it please...

Ok....even given proof you still don't get it... Let's see, #3 Sports franchise in ALL of sports, #1 in the NHL, 21 straight playoffs appearances, 4 Stanley Cups in 15 years, that's more than anyone else, most Presidents Trophies in the history of the Presidents Trophy, How many current and future HHOF players have worn the Winged Wheel....lets see, ya we are desperate fans for sure. Now, lets see, Minnesota....hmmmmm, had a franchise and the area didn't support it so it left and moved to Dallas, now another franchise who has only seen the playoff 3 times in its existence...I can understand why you as a hockey fan are so desperate to win something...hey maybe the Wild will beat us everytime this season, but that means nothing...come back when you win a Cup...Sorry I proved everything you said wrong, sorry I busted you out as a Wild fan and blew your cover when you were pretending to be a Wings fan (but I do understand you wanting to feel the joy we have felt since the late 80's.) Just go enjoy your hometown boys and feel glad that they wanted to play with their families...but always remember in the back of your head, if it weren't for family ties, Parise would be a Devil still and Suter would be a Red Wing...and guess what, they would have said the same exact things at those press conferences that they did at the Wild's...

Semin and Doan would make this offseason a B- for actions... D+ for having Lidstrom retire plus our actions.

Signing one of them would make the grades C/D-

Signing neither would make it F/FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC......

Semin and Doan would make this offseason a B- for actions...

Semin and Doan would make this offseason A. Trading/waiving Emmerton would make it A+. This is what the doctor ordered for this team. Our D is not that bad as people picture it to be.

It was awful every year since 2008 (including 2009 SC). Makes me think it is more about players not wanting to work hard rather than 3 coaches who tried to run it.

Maybe it is because everybody keeps cycling the puck until the opportunity is gone, rather than shoot the puck? Babcock should implement a PP rule to allow a maximum of 5 passes -then you finish the play with a shot on goal! Just a thought...

Maybe it is because everybody keeps cycling the puck until the opportunity is gone, rather than shoot the puck? Babcock should implement a PP rule to allow a maximum of 5 passes -then you finish the play with a shot on goal! Just a thought...

Yes, excessive passing on PP is the root of the problem. Don't think it works like you proposed :) but shooting the puck on PP never hurts. Especially, still having good forwards like Cleary or Bert that can collapse to the crease. However, getting Sammy I think our problem is automatically solved.