• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How bad are we if our roster is now finalized?

Rate this topic

No. I just agree with that argument. That's ok, isn't it? I don't think the Wings have gotten any better this off season. It's sad cuz there's no buzz to talk about around here. I'm not excited about Tootoo, Samuelsson, and a back-up goalie.

u forgot about brunner....brunner wrecks shop, buzzin hard on this guy

Very good. You found one little known page written by one guy who may or may not know a damn thing about hockey.

I'm bestest buddies with a couble of NHL scouts who highly regard the author of the site in question. I'll email them to double check. BRB.

Edit:

Ok, I'm back now. Yeah man, both my buddies said that Prospectus is legit. I don't know where you heard bad things.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Guest Crymson

Believe it or not, Centcougar, you're not going to convince Wings fans that the Wings suck, let alone that they're worse than the Wild.

With that said, I agree that granlund is better than any wings forward prospects.

He's good,no doubt,had good numbers playing in Finland,but Ville Leino was a frkin star there and Jiri Hudler made an All-Star game in KHL and we let them both go...that's how good and deep our prospect pool is :tease:

He's good,no doubt,had good numbers playing in Finland,but Ville Leino was a frkin star there and Jiri Hudler made an All-Star game in KHL and we let them both go...that's how good and deep our prospect pool is :tease:

Don't forget Igor grigorenko!

Guest Johnz96

Again, you use last season prospectus....find one for this year or better just go to the thread that has the link....or how about one from Hockeys Future.... http://www.hockeysfu...ngs-2011-2012/3 15 is higher than 17 bud. http://www.puckprosp...?articleid=1347 here's another 3 is higher than 4 BUD. Just keep holding on to outdated material and analysis... NEXT!

Uh...generic statements from those two at the presser, they would say the same thing anywhere they would've signed...NEXT!

So, the Finnish league is superior to the AHL...ok, sign up all NHL teams to change their minor league affiliates to the Finnish league...what are these NHL personnel thinking, associating with the worst league in the world....NEXT!

They chose Minny for family...they'd say the same generic rah rah in any other city....NEXT!

Wild on top of the NW division for the first half of the season, then they blew a wad....got hurt...whatever....just where was Detroit before they got a rash of injuries? Top of the NHL...NHL! Not division...NEXT!

Are we wondering what Holland is doing since he lost out on Suter? Hell yeah, and we hope he does some stuff! This I will agree with you on, he hasn't done much since the Suter-stakes, but he has been the best, so I will reserve judgement until we miss the playoffs...NEXT!

I wont say how much greater we are historically, lets just look at the last 12 season so we can be on even playing ground....oh, still greater, nevermind...NEXT!

Kronwall is just as good as Suter offensively and better in the hitting department...Kronwall can be a #1...Suter is better defensively, but its not like Kronwall stinks at it...NEXT!

Holland did speak to Schultz...again Detroit is not in Canada...Parise not worth that much money, Holland offered him what he is worth...I think the Wild may have gotten just as far with Schultz, thanks but we want to play in Canada...NEXT!

Parise also said he'd love to play with Pavel Datsyuk, as a matter of fact so would most of the league per the players poll last season...Koivu is good too, either way Parise would've got to play with a great centerman...NEXT!

I am sorry, I guess there are no MEN in the AHL...they are all little boys with no experience and Tatar is just a God amongst them... If you want to degrade Detroit's prospects based on just your opinion, then here is mine, Granfool has no business even putting skates on. There even I can just spout off at the mouth without researching facts...NEXT!

Anyhow, like I said, congrats on being a fan of the Wild and lucking out that those two have family there...you won the UFA sweeps, yippee! Now lets see them become a dynasty powerhouse and make the playoffs for the next 13 years...You can spout all you want, you just cannot get over the fact that if it weren't for FAMILY, Not Grandrool, Not Koivu, Not Heatley, Not Centcougar, FAMILY, if it weren't for FAMILY, Parise would be a Devil and Suter would be a Red Wing...from there mouths, quote unquote, proven to you over and over again....do us all a favor...accept it, enjoy it and know that if it weren't for FAMILY they'd be playing for LESS money elsewhere...Minnesota had to outbid NJ and Detroit as well... We accept the fact that they are Wild, you just accept the fact why they chose the Wild...GOODBYE!

I think Kronwall is better offensively than Suter, if he got as much ice-time as Suter, as much PP time as Suter andalways played on the left side on the first PP unit he would score a lot more than he has but he usually played on the second unit or on the right when playing on the first PP unit although White got most of the time there. With Lidstrom gone he will have an opportunity to finally establish himself as an elite NHL defenseman

I think Kronwall is better offensively than Suter, if he got as much ice-time as Suter, as much PP time as Suter andalways played on the left side on the first PP unit he would score a lot more than he has but he usually played on the second unit or on the right when playing on the first PP unit although White got most of the time there. With Lidstrom gone he will have an opportunity to finally establish himself as an elite NHL defenseman

And on top of that, it was mentioned by centcougar that Kronwall should be getting more points playin "on a team" with Lidstrom. Funny that assessment is....wouldn't he be expected to get more points if he actually got the luxury of playing on a line with Lids?? Not being in Lids shadow watching guys like Rafalski, White and even Ericsson getting playing time on a line with Lids, and even Stuart. Kronwall didn't get ice time with Lids cause he had to run the 2nd pairing cause he was capable of doing so. Now he's gonna be the guy running the Wings blueline with Smith as 2nd fiddle.

Guest Johnz96

And on top of that, it was mentioned by centcougar that Kronwall should be getting more points playin "on a team" with Lidstrom. Funny that assessment is....wouldn't he be expected to get more points if he actually got the luxury of playing on a line with Lids?? Not being in Lids shadow watching guys like Rafalski, White and even Ericsson getting playing time on a line with Lids, and even Stuart. Kronwall didn't get ice time with Lids cause he had to run the 2nd pairing cause he was capable of doing so. Now he's gonna be the guy running the Wings blueline with Smith as 2nd fiddle.

He scored 10 points in the 12 games Lidstrom missed last year,which prorated over 82 games is 69 points (Norris #s)

Overpaying? At $7.5 Million each? They were getting $110 Million dollar offers elsewhere. I call that a pretty damn good deal especially when they are far and away the top 2 guys in the free agent market.

When they're both 40 and you're still stuck with a cap hit of $7.5m it wont look like such a good deal. And you shoot yourself in the foot with the "far and away the top 2 guys in the free agent market". Means nothing in the context of the league. They could well be only top 50 in the league yet are earning top 5 numbers because they were all that was on offer. They're not Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin, Datsyuk, Kane, Toews, Sedins, etc. They're good, but not league leaders. Imagine a FA pool that has no big stars in it, starts with borderline 2nd line players, most likely 3rd liners, do you pay them $5m because they're the best on offer? Nah. Holland may have offered them more than they were worth as well but anyway you slice it, it's still overpayment

He scored 10 points in the 12 games Lidstrom missed last year,which prorated over 82 games is 69 points (Norris #s)

That further proves our point. Kronwall is ready to take over. Some people just discount a guy that's been living in the shadows of future hall of fame dmen. good post.

I hope Kronwall will step up big next season, but extrapolating a 12 game stretch over the course of a season is a pretty skewed use of statistics.

If I take the first 12 games in November for Franzen, he had 6 goals and 9 assists. prorated for 82 games is 41 goals and 102 points. That puts him just shy of Malkins league leading totals of 109.

BUt if I take the 12 games starting in March into April for Mule, he had 4 goals and 2 assists. That prorates to 27 goals and 41 points over a full season.

Like I said, I hope Kronner steps up this coming season, but I'm not going to read too much into that 12 game stretch.

Guest Johnz96

I hope Kronwall will step up big next season, but extrapolating a 12 game stretch over the course of a season is a pretty skewed use of statistics.

If I take the first 12 games in November for Franzen, he had 6 goals and 9 assists. prorated for 82 games is 41 goals and 102 points. That puts him just shy of Malkins league leading totals of 109.

BUt if I take the 12 games starting in March into April for Mule, he had 4 goals and 2 assists. That prorates to 27 goals and 41 points over a full season.

Like I said, I hope Kronner steps up this coming season, but I'm not going to read too much into that 12 game stretch.

I agree that prorating12 games usually won't provide an accurate measure of how much a player will score over 82 but I believe it's no coincidence that he scored at more than double his pace without Lids in the lineup than with him in it.

I think he will score much closer to 69 points he was on pace for in those 12 games than the 30 points he was on pace for in the 72 games with Lids in the lineup.

He plays much better from the left and will be quarterbacking the 1st PP unit and be skating on the top pair.

I agree that Kronner will have a career year as well Smith. I also feel that Quincey will have a much better year and look more like the Quincey of LA/Colorado point-wise. I'm thinking 30-40 pts for Quincey. He'll be playing on the 2nd power play unit, maybe even the 1st from time to time.

Guest Johnz96

Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

The future is uncertain

When's the last time the Wild won a playoff series?

Edited by Johnz96

Matt drew the line in the sand two pages ago. Can we please cease the public flogging, however fun it may be, and carry on discussing what concerns us all here the most, which would be the Red Wings state of affairs, not Minnesota's.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Who really cares about the Minnesota Wild anyway? The one positive I am taking from not getting Parise and Suter is that we have all kinds of Cap space for next summer to throw at Getzlaf, Perry and Weber when they become UFAs. I know these guys may not make it to UFA. I also know none of them may choose to sign with the Wings. But it's something positive to think about right now isn't it?

Who really cares about the Minnesota Wild anyway? The one positive I am taking from not getting Parise and Suter is that we have all kinds of Cap space for next summer to throw at Getzlaf, Perry and Weber when they become UFAs. I know these guys may not make it to UFA. I also know none of them may choose to sign with the Wings. But it's something positive to think about right now isn't it?

Yes, which is why, if Holland wants a legit change to land any of those guys, he needs to make this team that much more attractive....ie Ryan or Nash or Doan...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Ok just for the hell of it...Sign Doan and Semin. Trade Flip, Nyquist and Tatar for Yandle. Steep price but we need a young stud like Yandle on the blueline.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Shane Doan ($5.550m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.550m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,808,712; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $391,288

Yes, which is why, if Holland wants a legit change to land any of those guys, he needs to make this team that much more attractive....ie Ryan or Nash or Doan...

Imagine if we somehow traded for Ryan. Next summer with Getzlaf and Perry becoming available UFA if so? Could be interesting but most likely a pipe-dream if there was one.

Imagine if we somehow traded for Ryan. Next summer with Getzlaf and Perry becoming available UFA if so? Could be interesting but most likely a pipe-dream if there was one.

Har Har Har....I know I mention that a lot in almost every thread...Funny.... :P

...The one positive I am taking from not getting Parise and Suter is that we have all kinds of Cap space for next summer to throw at Getzlaf, Perry and Weber when they become UFAs. I know these guys may not make it to UFA. I also know none of them may choose to sign with the Wings. But it's something positive to think about right now isn't it?

This is how I felt before THIS free agency. :lol:

esteef