• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

He needs to grow up, but hes young, fast, physical, and good offenively.

#22 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Would have been fine with this. Essentially eliminates any hope for Nash or Ryan, but defense is our top priority and Suban is just starting to blossom

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#23 ZigZagYourTorso

ZigZagYourTorso

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

What is wrong with everyone on here?! Everyone keeps saying that we need a top-pairing defenseman/grit/toughness/someone who will fight, but when they see a trade that brings us one, they complain about losing Filppula?! I love Filppula, but if losing him meant bringing in Subban (or anyone of that caliber) I would jump for joy!

We have people in our system coming up who can replace Filppula. We don't have anyone besides for Smith who can step up into a top pairing spot anytime soon, if ever. We can sign Semin or Doan and easily replace Filppulas production.

Frustrating to say the least....
The cake is a lie...

#24 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I really don't want to lose Filppula, but I would be alright with this.

#25 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I don't want to trade Flip - but we really need some help on ''D'' and he's the only one who can bring some quality ''D'' (Yandle type of player)...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

I would not trade Val for Subban straight up, let alone throw in Tatar.

#27 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hell no.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Subban would be a great acqusition, but no way in hell at that price... how about Quincey's right's for Subban's rights straight up... that's more accurate... at MOST go something like Quincey and Mursak... no way in hell is he worth Flip, let alone Flip AND Tatar, regardless of his upside, or age... I like Subban a lot, but he is not a number one, and thus would not (and should not) command what a top 2 dman would...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#29 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

WHOA WHOA...........this should be in the rumors section!!!! not even gonna read the OP!!!! report report report

#30 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

This is the worst idea I've seen this offseason.

Posted Image

#31 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I thought the Canadiens said straight up that they weren't going to deal Subban. They weren't even going to consider it. Which is wierd because I also heard hes a big locker room cancer.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#32 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have not heard anyone give an actual reason for not wanting subban aside from an unverified claim that he is locker room cancer. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'd be delighted to have subban. He still hasn't hit his prime.

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Fake account. That's fine. Don't want Subban at the expense of Filp, anyhow.

I just don't want Subban. He's arrogant and not very good defensively. Good shot and quick, but needs to grow up big time and he'd have to learn his place good and quick in Detroit. Do not want his BS, especially not for Flip.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Filppula for Subban?

Absolutely!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#35 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I really hope this isn't true. I can't stand him. And not in the way where I hate him on other teams but like him on our team like Tootoo. Straight up just don't like this guy, especially for losing Flip who could be traded for a much better player like Bogozian or Yandle

#36 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Filppula for Subban?

Absolutely!

Yes, I will second that. He is a young, physical defenseman. Much more useful to the Wings than Filppula at this point.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#37 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Subban is YOUNG. He is immature and needs to grow up, but entirely too fresh in his NHL career to label him as a locker room cancer. Patrick Kane is a twerp but even he's starting to somewhat come around and act like a professional. I stress "starting to" before the comments start pouring in. :lol:

Fact is the kid is skilled, plays a rough game, and could be terrifying on a line with Kronwall for opposing teams to play against. I think a lot of highlights that showed him this past season were showing the negative and it really doesn't reflect his overall potential. You can't really judge any player on Montreal considering the fiasco of a season they just went through, that team is a disaster and being a rookie going into a situation like that can't be positive.

Rumor, faked tweeting, whatever it is, i'm in favor of Subban as a long term option on our D line.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#38 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

I really hope this isn't true. I can't stand him. And not in the way where I hate him on other teams but like him on our team like Tootoo. Straight up just don't like this guy, especially for losing Flip who could be traded for a much better player like Bogozian or Yandle

Lol Bogozian would be MAD :P But he'll never be traded. As for Subban, regardless of 'talent' or 'potential', we wont give up someone who's name was thrown around the locker room in future captain's talks (apparently) for someone who in all public knowledge is immature and a cancer (again, apparently)

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#39 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

I don't like Tatar in there, but it's definitely interesting. This + Doan or Semin and I think we'd be in good shape.

#40 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yes, I will second that. He is a young, physical defenseman. Much more useful to the Wings than Filppula at this point.

Agreed.

I've seen my fair share of Habs games these past few seasons...This kid has alot of talent, and is a legit top 2 - if not he's at least a #3 Dman on the Red Wings.

Yeah - some may complain about him - I honestly dunno why - he's a bit cocky, but in a good way, and he carries it on the ice with big hits/physical play, and strong overall skating/skills...If anything he needs to calm down a bit, and not be all over the ice, but that's something that'll come along with maturity, experience, and guidance from the coaching staff.

This kid would make a great addition to the Wings.

'Evolution' created by Offsides