• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

There are few players in the league i hate more than freaking Subban... Please don't let this crap be true...

#42 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Rather get rid of Francine for pretty much any player that cares enough about his mates to play with some pride in his game.

#43 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Rather get rid of Francine for pretty much any player that cares enough about his mates to play with some pride in his game.

That prideless player is still our best scorer and was a huge part of our last cup... but yes let's ship him for anybody, that sound like a great idea.

#44 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

NO!!!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#45 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

I doubt that this will happen, but it would be awesome. For those of you who don't want subban because he's cocky, that's jus ridiculous. His on ice production is what matters, nothing else. Patrick eaves is cocky as hell. He walks into restaurants and says "hey, I'm Patrick eaves the hockey player". So unless you have legitimate complaints about subban's play, give it a rest.

Edited by The Greek, 10 July 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#46 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I wouldn't mind this move, as long as we add some more depth up front (top 6).... Losing Flip is unfortunate, but may be a necessary evil to improve our blueline. Having Subban, who is still quite young, along with Smith for years to come could be pretty nice. It also adds some more edge to our play going forward.

Would I rather we get Yandle, sure, but that cost may be way too high.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Samuelsson
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Tootoo
Miller

Kronwall - Subban
Quincey - White
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson

Edited by SwedeLundin77, 10 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#47 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I wouldn't mind this move, as long as we add some more depth up front (top 6).... Losing Flip is unfortunate, but may be a necessary evil to improve our blueline. Having Subban, who is still quite young, along with Smith for years to come could be pretty nice. It also adds some more edge to our play going forward.

Would I rather we get Yandle, sure, but that cost may be way too high.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Samuelsson
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Tootoo
Miller

Kronwall - Subban
Quincey - White
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson

If we went into the playoffs with this team, I'd be terrified...

#48 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

If we went into the playoffs with this team, I'd be terrified...

Why? It's not the best team, but hell - look at LA, they didn't have some superstar team and their defense is no better than our defense RIGHT NOW. The measure of success in the playoffs does not come down to us having Yandle/Nash/Ryan... it comes to down to hard work and determination, which is something I feel this upcoming season will have more of for the Wings.

#49 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Why? It's not the best team, but hell - look at LA, they didn't have some superstar team and their defense is no better than our defense RIGHT NOW. The measure of success in the playoffs does not come down to us having Yandle/Nash/Ryan... it comes to down to hard work and determination, which is something I feel this upcoming season will have more of for the Wings.

Disagree. A) They Have Johnny Quick back there, who was unbelievable.
B) Drew Doughty???

#50 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I live in MTL, Subban is not a good fit for the Wings, not at a high price, he's got too much to learn and this is not what the Wings need.
Read less, more TV.

#51 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

That prideless player is still our best scorer and was a huge part of our last cup... but yes let's ship him for anybody, that sound like a great idea.

Obviously you approve of his effort and I don't, so bully for you.

#52 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

I live in MTL, Subban is not a good fit for the Wings, not at a high price, he's got too much to learn and this is not what the Wings need.

Do you care to incubate on this a little? It would be interesting.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#53 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

Obviously you approve of his effort and I don't, so bully for you.

I don't approve of anything he is not perfect but he does do a lot of good and saying that any player in the league would do a better job is just bloody ignorant...

#54 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I doubt that this will happen, but it would be awesome. For those of you who don't want subban because he's cocky, that's jus ridiculous. His on ice production is what matters, nothing else. Patrick eaves is cocky as hell. He walks into restaurants and says "hey, I'm Patrick eaves the hockey player". So unless you have legitimate complaints about subban's play, give it a rest.

Haven't seen him play too much but from what I have seen, subban seems to have a temper, retaliates, and takes stupid penalties. His production is still good tho so if he played smarter and didn't take dumb penalties, I would love to have him here.

Edit: I would not give up Filp and Tatar for him though. Too much IMO although they'd likely want something like that or more..

Edited by amato, 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#55 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

So this rumor has no legs, right? No one has seemed to address the source very much or whether or not it's accurate or not...

Disagree. A) They Have Johnny Quick back there, who was unbelievable.
B) Drew Doughty???

Yes, they have Quick, but I would wager if Jimmy were to get hot (kind of like he was playing prior to being injured last season), he can be just as good as Quick was. And yes, they have Doughty, but after him.... there is nothing too impressive on the back-end. Up front, you're looking at Kopitar, Carter, and Brown (streaky). We have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Franzen (streaky).

#56 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Howard is nowhere near Quick :tounge:

He also has a tendency to seem to get worse in the playoffs while Quick is a playoff monster...

#57 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Howard is nowhere near Quick :tounge:

He also has a tendency to seem to get worse in the playoffs while Quick is a playoff monster...

You are basing this on one playoff run, from this past season. Yes, he was phenomenal, but have you seen his stats the previous playoff runs that LA has had?

2010/11 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.16 GAA .913 SV%
2009/10 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.50 GAA .884 SV%

I am not saying Quick isn't a solid goaltender, he is, but to say Howard cannot play as well as Quick had this past post-season is a tad ridiculous. Before Howard was injured in the reg season, he was on track to be, at least, a Vezina nominee.... I don't think we've seen the true measure of how well Howard can play in the post-season yet, just as prior to this season, the same could have been said for Quick.

#58 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

I don't approve of anything he is not perfect but he does do a lot of good and saying that any player in the league would do a better job is just bloody ignorant...

You obviously have comprehension issues or your reading skills need some work because I never said ANY player in the league would do better. Go back and study the post or get someone to help you.........

#59 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Any player...

You are basing this on one playoff run, from this past season. Yes, he was phenomenal, but have you seen his stats the previous playoff runs that LA has had?

2010/11 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.16 GAA .913 SV%
2009/10 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.50 GAA .884 SV%

I am not saying Quick isn't a solid goaltender, he is, but to say Howard cannot play as well as Quick had this past post-season is a tad ridiculous. Before Howard was injured in the reg season, he was on track to be, at least, a Vezina nominee.... I don't think we've seen the true measure of how well Howard can play in the post-season yet, just as prior to this season, the same could have been said for Quick.

Well I don't agree, Howard in the net makes me nervous he very rarely looks solid and I doubt he will ever get close to the heights that Quick can reach. And I think Howard has lost the goalie matchup in every single playoff series I've seen him start in.

I guess time will tell and I would not mind in the least if he proved me wrong.

Edited by Ekmanc, 11 July 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#60 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

What happened to, "in the league would do better?" Those 6 words were yours, not mine......I am now done with you and your personal attack.