• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

PK Subban for Flippula and Tatar?

Rate this topic

Obviously you approve of his effort and I don't, so bully for you.

I don't approve of anything he is not perfect but he does do a lot of good and saying that any player in the league would do a better job is just bloody ignorant...

I doubt that this will happen, but it would be awesome. For those of you who don't want subban because he's cocky, that's jus ridiculous. His on ice production is what matters, nothing else. Patrick eaves is cocky as hell. He walks into restaurants and says "hey, I'm Patrick eaves the hockey player". So unless you have legitimate complaints about subban's play, give it a rest.

Haven't seen him play too much but from what I have seen, subban seems to have a temper, retaliates, and takes stupid penalties. His production is still good tho so if he played smarter and didn't take dumb penalties, I would love to have him here.

Edit: I would not give up Filp and Tatar for him though. Too much IMO although they'd likely want something like that or more..

Edited by amato

So this rumor has no legs, right? No one has seemed to address the source very much or whether or not it's accurate or not...

Disagree. A) They Have Johnny Quick back there, who was unbelievable.

B) Drew Doughty???

Yes, they have Quick, but I would wager if Jimmy were to get hot (kind of like he was playing prior to being injured last season), he can be just as good as Quick was. And yes, they have Doughty, but after him.... there is nothing too impressive on the back-end. Up front, you're looking at Kopitar, Carter, and Brown (streaky). We have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Franzen (streaky).

Howard is nowhere near Quick :tounge:

He also has a tendency to seem to get worse in the playoffs while Quick is a playoff monster...

You are basing this on one playoff run, from this past season. Yes, he was phenomenal, but have you seen his stats the previous playoff runs that LA has had?

2010/11 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.16 GAA .913 SV%

2009/10 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.50 GAA .884 SV%

I am not saying Quick isn't a solid goaltender, he is, but to say Howard cannot play as well as Quick had this past post-season is a tad ridiculous. Before Howard was injured in the reg season, he was on track to be, at least, a Vezina nominee.... I don't think we've seen the true measure of how well Howard can play in the post-season yet, just as prior to this season, the same could have been said for Quick.

I don't approve of anything he is not perfect but he does do a lot of good and saying that any player in the league would do a better job is just bloody ignorant...

You obviously have comprehension issues or your reading skills need some work because I never said ANY player in the league would do better. Go back and study the post or get someone to help you.........

Rather get rid of Francine for pretty much any player that cares enough about his mates to play with some pride in his game.

Any player...

You are basing this on one playoff run, from this past season. Yes, he was phenomenal, but have you seen his stats the previous playoff runs that LA has had?

2010/11 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.16 GAA .913 SV%

2009/10 : 2 Wins 4 Losses 3.50 GAA .884 SV%

I am not saying Quick isn't a solid goaltender, he is, but to say Howard cannot play as well as Quick had this past post-season is a tad ridiculous. Before Howard was injured in the reg season, he was on track to be, at least, a Vezina nominee.... I don't think we've seen the true measure of how well Howard can play in the post-season yet, just as prior to this season, the same could have been said for Quick.

Well I don't agree, Howard in the net makes me nervous he very rarely looks solid and I doubt he will ever get close to the heights that Quick can reach. And I think Howard has lost the goalie matchup in every single playoff series I've seen him start in.

I guess time will tell and I would not mind in the least if he proved me wrong.

Edited by Ekmanc

Umm filps no trade franzen and murz and u got a deal I say cancer for cancer. Don't get me wrong franzen I like on his good days but those are too far between so give them what we really don't need for wat we do. Really don't wanna give up murz or tartar but if gets franzen the f*** outta here for someone who's better then I believe there's no choice. Cut the decayin limb off before it festers right.

Hate to do it to the mule but step the game up or get the fout right?

Do you care to incubate on this a little? It would be interesting.

He's not reliable defensively yet, he's learning, he's like Ericsson but with more speed, he had many fight with his teamates, Markov and Gill dislike him.