• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I do not. I like Semin. I hate Tootoo. I REALLY EFFING HATE TOOTOO. I wouldn't want him for free.

It's not about love/hate.I'm not a fan of either,but both could improve our team so...get it done Ken :colgate:

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Looks like it is a circle as Russian media quotes "Sirius/XM radio" for this rumour. See here http://allhockey.ru/news/126603/

That rumor is confirmed untrue.

Some of you go bonkers at mere rumors. Get a hold of yourselves.

#23 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

Anybody in this thread who said "Holland is sitting on his hands" because he didn't get _______ player is either ignorant or not a Wings fan that pays any attention. Do we fire every GM except for the one in Minnesota for not signing Suter and Parise, who obviously had made up their mind to play there irrespective of (more) money or franchise track record?

Everybody take a deep breath, let this play out and evaluate by training camp. Seriously, free agency opened July 1st, but Doan, Semin, and other FA's aren't even signed yet, and a trade could happen at any time.

Jeez, I know you're frustrated/worried, but the number of "smart" things Holland has done in the past 5 years WAY outweighs the number of failed/misguided moves during that time:

• Re-signing stars to manageable long-term deals
  • Circumventing the cap and getting away with it before it became "illegal"
  • Recycling useful veterans while other desparate teams
  • Drafting, developing, and retaining a borderline elite goaltender (Howard) at about 1/3 of the cap hit of other "elite" goalies
  • The Hossa 1-year deal (a low risk, high reward opportunity that got us all the way to Gm 7 of the Cup Finals)
  • Despite terrible draft position for the past 20 years, finding guys like Brendan Smith (#27 pick), Tatar (#60), and Nyquist (#121) that look like potentially very good NHL players, especially for where they were drafted.
  • Developing young role players (Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, etc.) that keep the Wings as one of the deeper teams in the league
If we don't get Doan, I'm not going to burn down Joe Louis Arena. If we don't sign Semin or make a high impact trade, I will be more disappointed, but jeez, try not to be a spoiled brat - there are worse things than being a Red Wings fan in 2012-13.

I agree but we can only live in the past for so long..we need someone who can score goals..a 1 yr deal for Semin is well worth the risk..it's time to step out of the comfort zone a little more..he did that with the Tootoo signing but we need a goal scorer. I don't lose patience with Holland very often but if Pitt gets him on a 1 yr deal and we didnt put in a good offer I will be choked.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#24 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

I agree but we can only live in the past for so long..we need someone who can score goals..a 1 yr deal for Semin is well worth the risk. I don't lose patience with Holland very often but if Pitt gets him on a 1 yr deal and we didnt put in a good offer I will be choked.

This rumor was confirmed yesterday to be without basis. Relax.

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

LGWs is having a meltdown over an untrue rumor. Lol

Fire Holland because Detroit doesn't have any untrue rumors we can plug into line combo's on xBox.Damn you, Kenny!

#26 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

This site needs to take a heavy dose of Prozac.

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

This site needs to take a heavy dose of Prozac.

More like Xanax.

#28 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

More like Xanax.

More like Cyanide.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#29 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

It's not about love/hate.I'm not a fan of either,but both could improve our team so...get it done Ken :colgate:

But I REALLY EFFING HATE TOOTOO!!!...damn wheres crymson's xanax

Edited by number9, 18 July 2012 - 09:26 PM.