• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ElCapitan

Brenden Morrow Trade-able?

Rate this topic

http://www.stltoday....a4bcf6878.html?

Blues general manager Doug Armstrong has acknowledged being involved in trade talks recently and now those discussions could be leading to a deal soon..

The Blues have prioritized adding a top-four defenseman this offseason, and after failing to land one in free agency, the trade route may be the club's only option. But while that search continues, Armstrong might have found a veteran forward to add to the mix.

Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.

Mods: Thanks for fixing/improving my post.

Edited by ElCapitan

I don't know, isn't it gonna be hard to pick him up? I mean, he is the Captain of their team.

Rumors are that he was on the trade block last season so I doubt him being captain would make the front office hesitate to trade him. They would just turn around & give the C to Jamie Benn probably.

I like Morrow, and I think a tandem with him and Doan coming here would make this a pretty competitive and rough team. It would be fun to watch as unrealistic of a scenario as it may be. Honestly, who the hell knows whats going to happen, i've thought I knew what was going to happen so many times as a fan of hockey and still am shocked pretty frequently.

With the NHL being the unpredictable beast that it is, I'm not ruling out any possibility at this point. The big talk is Ryan, Yandle, Semin and for all we know we can be in the process of trading for someone that hasn't even been mentioned this entire offseason and get a deal done completely out of the blue that no one anticipated.

So yes, Morrow please. We'll take Loui off their hands also. :D

Guest Crymson

11 goals last season. Morrow is on the tail end of his career and it's beginning to show. He's old and he's had a few too many injuries.

Would rather have Semin and Doan over Morrow... and they are asset free.

I agree with this for sure. I like Morrow a lot however I would much rather not be asking ourselves is he playing 30 games or 70 this season? I hope if we trade for a forward it's Bobby Ryan