• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Logan Pyett Signs With the Rangers

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

He might have actually had a chance to play some games with the Wings this year

Good riddance... I've had a chance to watch him in GR a few times live, and a bit more on TV and in pre-season games during camp as well... the guy is a SIEVE, he makes Lebda look like a shutdown d-man... he's fast and has decent offense instincts, it's just too bad that his defense is horrendous... something rather important to playing the position of, you know, defense...

Rangers like Detroit prospects eh. Didn't they pick up kris newbury too

They sure did, however, unlike Pyett, he is actually a serviceable fringe NHL player, Pyett will never be anything more than a mediocre at best AHL player...

Edited by stevkrause

Well, there is movement happening...I'd like for Holland to keep Exelby, tough kid, would make a nice #7 if they had to trade away Kindl for some reason...Come on Holland...make Doan and Semin offers they cannot refuse! :D Really though, I am dying to find out what Holland has up his sleeve with trades or signings...Everyone knows he wants Doan, but so do a few others, so we could lose out. Semin would be nice too! Just please Holland, do something to make this team even better! We like our kids, we like the UFA's you picked up....players are starting to move again, don't get caught without a seat on the bus...

Well, there is movement happening...I'd like for Holland to keep Exelby, tough kid, would make a nice #7 if they had to trade away Kindl for some reason...Come on Holland...make Doan and Semin offers they cannot refuse! :D Really though, I am dying to find out what Holland has up his sleeve with trades or signings...Everyone knows he wants Doan, but so do a few others, so we could lose out. Semin would be nice too! Just please Holland, do something to make this team even better! We like our kids, we like the UFA's you picked up....players are starting to move again, don't get caught without a seat on the bus...

Seriously man, not every thread needs to be about this... :glare:

I have to point out two facts that, when considered together, seem a little odd:

1. According to some article that was posted on LGW the other day (here), the Wings have the NHL's third best group of top 10 young players.

2. Janik, Exelby and Pyett leave GR and the defence there is screwed. (Janik and Exelby never having been Red Wings prospects in the first place.)

Edited by Zetts

I have to point out two facts that, when considered together, seem a little odd:

1. According to some article that was posted on LGW the other day (here), the Wings have the NHL's third best group of top 10 young players.

2. Janik, Exelby and Pyett leave GR and the defence there is screwed. (Janik and Exelby never having been Red Wings prospects in the first place.)

Defensive depth is an area we've been lacking, most of that young talent is up front... with that said, I still feel pretty good about Oulette, Sproul, Backman, Lashoff and Almqvist to name a few... although a few of them are still a little ways away from being impacts in GR, let alone Detroit... that's where our GR depth gets hurt, it sounds odd to say you need a "veteran" prescence in the AHL, but they do have their place and guys like Janik, or Exelby are very valuable down there, not just for a steadying prescence, but also as an emergency call up...

Edited by stevkrause

Well, good bye Logan. I've heard we have a guy named Lashoff? Is he stil with us?

Oulette, Sproul, Backman, Lashoff and Almqvist to name a few... although a few of them are still a little ways away from being impacts in GR, let alone Detroit...

+ Marchenko who is jus behind Oulette in your list.

Janik and Exelby haven't left yet, they may be waiting to see what happens in Detroit...

GR hasn't been a contender in a long, long time so why waste time playing kids who aren't developing as Red Wings? If you're a legitimate Cup contender it's worth having guys like Janik and Exelby in GR as NHL depth but now that we're officially a team in at least partial rebuild we might as well use those mins in GR to develop young players.

GR hasn't been a contender in a long, long time so why waste time playing kids who aren't developing as Red Wings? If you're a legitimate Cup contender it's worth having guys like Janik and Exelby in GR as NHL depth but now that we're officially a team in at least partial rebuild we might as well use those mins in GR to develop young players.

i think a development only mentality is counter productive in the long run for a couple reasons. first, as mentioned, its helpful to have a couple vets around to provide guidance and leadership for a team. and the other part is that having quality veteran players around helps the team be more successful and that being in a winning environment is beneficial for the prospects. (however, as you state, GR has been poor for several years with some of these veteran guys so maybe they arent helping that much!)

Well, good bye Logan. I've heard we have a guy named Lashoff? Is he stil with us?

+ Marchenko who is jus behind Oulette in your list.

I don't know much about him, so I can't personally comment on him, that's the only reason I didn't include him...