• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Winter Classic ticket e-mail codes sent out, purchase available

Rate this topic

There'll be a random draw tomorrow for 2013 Winter Classic tickets among everyone who signed up. Per Mirtle tweet from globe and mail...

Okay WHAT?!?

Where is the warning, what is going on? Did I miss my incredibly small chance?

Edited by Matt
Updated to reflect that Winter Classic ticket purchase codes have been sent to fans as of Friday, 8/3.

People need to focus on the content of the post, and not the person posting it.

If you don't have anything to add other than a smartass comment, move on and don't post in the thread.

I'm tired of the posts where people are mocking some of the previous overreactions here about free agency. While some people may be overreacting to the state of the Wings, it's at least an honest attempt to discuss the situation. The mocking posts are simply trolling and make the situation even worse.

Stay on topic or people will be getting vacations.

Just to let everyone know, I am in this drawing. Considering the rabidity of Leafs fans, my chances are slim to none. The drawing is to be held today, and winners will be notified within 2 weeks via email how to activate their account and purchase tickets. IF I am selected, these tickets will be made available immediately here on LGW. I have my own source for tickets. I'll post in the Dumbo Drop thread IF I hear from the Leafs organization.

I signed up months ago through the Leafs' site just because they had info up before the Red Wings did. It's been weird getting things in my e-mail box from the Leafs, to say the least.

I had signed up for it also, as well did the lady. Hopefully someone gets to win some!!! If anyone doesn't remember, when they first had announced the winter classic you had a chance to sign up for it.

I just received this email:

Hello,

Having previously registered for the opportunity to purchase 2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™ and

2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® ticket packages, we had communicated to you that we would hold a random draw of all eligible registrants on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 to award this opportunity. However, with an overwhelming response we have postponed the date of the draw, which will now take place on Thursday, July 26, 2012.

Just to confirm, you don't have to do anything further to register for the draw. If you are getting this email, you have been registered. If you are selected as a winner, you will be contacted via email within 21 days of the draw with full details on how to purchase ticket packages. Check your email frequently to find out if you've been selected. Click here

for complete contest rules.

Your Toronto Maple Leafs® are honoured to participate in the 2013 Bridgestone

NHL Winter Classic® hosted by the Detroit Red Wings® and we look forward to sharing in this great event with you!

Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club

I couldn't even begin to tell you how I signed up for a Toronto lottery. An initial browse through my email has yielded nothing. If I can find something later on, I'll post it again. I would suspect, however, that the opportunity has long since passed. We are talking Leafs fans, you know.

Yeah it was offered awhile back ago when information just was starting to come out after the announcement. Still don't understand how if you get a "overwhelming" amount of people signing up you magically push the date back. Set the date, and reinforce the date. If they weren't apart of the deal, they don't rate the chance to win it!! :baby:

I'm in too, and so is my cousin.

Ok be honest, if you win, are you going to go, or are you going to sell the tickets on ebay or stubhub? My cousin and I have considered both options :innocent:

Yeah it was offered awhile back ago when information just was starting to come out after the announcement. Still don't understand how if you get a "overwhelming" amount of people signing up you magically push the date back. Set the date, and reinforce the date. If they weren't apart of the deal, they don't rate the chance to win it!! :baby:

The more they get to sign up, the more people they can add to their email list.

I'm registered with both the Wings and the Leafs. I have previously stated that if I have extra, they will be offered up to members here. Not sure how I'm going to decide who gets first crack when I do. (Notice I say when!)

I'm registered with both the Wings and the Leafs. I have previously stated that if I have extra, they will be offered up to members here. Not sure how I'm going to decide who gets first crack when I do. (Notice I say when!)

Cough cough

I just got an email. Ticket prices for the packages range from $89-219, higher up sections are actually the most expensive, probably because it's the best overall view. This package also requires you purchase a ticket to the GLI which range from $18-38.

Due to an adjustment in ticket availability,

you now have an opportunity to purchase

up to four ticket packages to the

2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™

and 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®!

EACH PACKAGE INCLUDES:

- One (1) ticket to the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®

Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings

January 1, 2013

- One (1) ticket to the first day of the

2012 Great Lakes Invitational at Comerica Park™

Michigan vs. Michigan Tech

Michigan State vs. Western Michigan

December 27, 2012

YOUR PURCHASE TIME FRAME BEGINS TODAY AT:

3 p.m.

ENDS: August 6, 5:00 p.m.

MichiganStadiumSeatingChart_cropped_prices.jpg

winter_festival_seating_chart_cropped_prices.jpg

Kicker is, I don't even know if I am going to be able to go or not. I may get some of these tickets to make them available or just in case I figure out how to go. I do not believe this is the drawing, it was just from signing up on that Winter Classic 2013 site.

Oh, and orange is sold out. Cheapest tix to the WC are blue, $129. First search I got section 8, row 94. Ack!

Edited by rrasco