Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Winter Classic ticket e-mail codes sent out, purchase available

2013 winter classic 2012 winter festival 2012 gli comerica park michigan stadium tickets

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#21 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Why the hell does Toronto get tickets first? Is it like a sympathy draft or something?

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#22 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'm registered with both the Wings and the Leafs. I have previously stated that if I have extra, they will be offered up to members here. Not sure how I'm going to decide who gets first crack when I do. (Notice I say when!)

Cough cough
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I just got an email. Ticket prices for the packages range from $89-219, higher up sections are actually the most expensive, probably because it's the best overall view. This package also requires you purchase a ticket to the GLI which range from $18-38.

Due to an adjustment in ticket availability,
you now have an opportunity to purchase
up to four ticket packages to the
2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™
and 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®!

EACH PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- One (1) ticket to the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®

Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings
January 1, 2013

- One (1) ticket to the first day of the
2012 Great Lakes Invitational at Comerica Park™

Michigan vs. Michigan Tech
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan
December 27, 2012

YOUR PURCHASE TIME FRAME BEGINS TODAY AT:
3 p.m.
ENDS: August 6, 5:00 p.m.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#24 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Lucky bastard.

I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have used my Wings Diva handle to sign up for the Toronto drawing.....
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Kicker is, I don't even know if I am going to be able to go or not. I may get some of these tickets to make them available or just in case I figure out how to go. I do not believe this is the drawing, it was just from signing up on that Winter Classic 2013 site.

Oh, and orange is sold out. Cheapest tix to the WC are blue, $129. First search I got section 8, row 94. Ack!

Edited by rrasco, 03 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Correction, I was able to get tickets in the orange.

I am grinning ear to ear knowing I just purchased 4 tickets to the winter classic in section 4 row 12. I have not even begun to work out the details how to attend, but I have tickets, so now I have to get there. :D

#27 detsportsfan

detsportsfan

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Correction, I was able to get tickets in the orange.

I am grinning ear to ear knowing I just purchased 4 tickets to the winter classic in section 4 row 12. I have not even begun to work out the details how to attend, but I have tickets, so now I have to get there. :D

Wow, congrats. Those are great seats, on the shoot twice side not too far and the higher up the better for those seats. Curios how you got them. Do you choose by section or price? How does that work? They previously said you'd get 2 packages max, I hate this, a bunch of scalpers are just going to buy 4 when they don't need that many just to resell, leaves out tickets for us who actually want to go.

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thanks. It was a ticketmaster search where you select the section and see what comes up. Most of the day I was getting section 14 or section 8, then I tried one last time and got section 4. Long story short, I got greedy and tried to get something like section 1, and ended up losing my section 4 seats. I was persistent and ended up finding another set luckily. I only bought four tickets because if I didn't end up using them, I know I could sell them at face value here to someone who might not get a chance at tickets, but more probably I have plenty of family who have already jumped on the chance to go. Now that I know I have tickets, I have to go. No excuses.

And FWIW, the $18 tickets I have to the GLI are section 113 row 10. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to be up there for that game though.

Edited by rrasco, 03 August 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#29 Detroith99

Detroith99

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

I didn't get an email and bought tickets off ticketmaster tonight.
I just logged in and it let me buy tickets so you all should try instead of waiting for an email and missing out on one of the best games ever!
I got section 26 green row 18 for $149 a ticket! Only got 2 tickets for me and my girl..will get tickets shipped around December 1st. also had to buy tickets for gli.

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Interesting, I can't find any tickets on TM publicly available, although my purchase was through a TM portal for the Wings.

#31 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I also got mine through the portal in the email. Nothing comes up for me when I do a search on the regular ticketmaster site...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#32 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Got my email. Ticketmaster is showing the $129 WC tickets as the only available ones. Hard for me to justify paying $334 for two sets. I want nothing more than to go - and to take my dad - but that's a big pill to swallow.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#33 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Just got 8 tickets. Likely all spoken for, but it's pretty damn nice to know that I've gotten them. I'll sort out the rest later. If opportunities arise to get some more, I'm all over it. Still some feelers left out there to acquire more.

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Looks like Matt is trying to corner StubHub for this one!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Looks like Matt is trying to corner StubHub for this one!

Haha! Nope! ;) These are all spoken for, but I'd always like to get some more. (Ideally, I'd like to get another pair to give away on the web site if I can.)

#36 juiceman

juiceman

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

I was able to purchase four tickets today as well. If anyone is interested, PM me for details.

#37 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Can someone pm me a link please??

Eff Chicago

#38 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

You know, if someone wanted to be REALLY nice, they could pay for a ticket for me...

...and for my flight to Detroit... ...and my hotel room... ...and any food expenses... ...I would ask for a jersey too, but I don't want to seem like I'm being greedy or anything... :sly:

Hope everyone who is able to get tickets has a great time! You guys should wave and cheer really loudly, that way we'll know where you are when they show the game on NBC.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#39 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

You'll be able to see us just fine; we'll be the ones in the Wings gear....

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#40 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Dying for some tickets...damn
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays