• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Winter Classic ticket e-mail codes sent out, purchase available

Rate this topic

I'm glad someone mentioned something about only the GLI tickets showing up under 'manage my tickets'. I was curious about this as well when I noticed it over the weekend.

I'm glad everyone is getting tickets. Remember how panicky everyone was around here when they announced this game?

i have a feeling that alumni tickets are going to wind up being just as expensive as the winter classic tickets. if that's the case, i would rather just watch it on tv. especially since i have already blown 300 bucks on the winter classic

Edited by chances14

i have a feeling that alumni tickets are going to wind up being just as expensive as the winter classic tickets. if that's the case, i would rather just watch it on tv. especially since i have already blown 300 bucks on the winter classic

I wouldn't count on them televising it; the Wings/Hawks Alumni game wasn't televised.

The guy I talked to today from JLA said something along the lines of the WC tickets not showing up yet because it's through the league, unlike the GLI. So, he assured me that I will be getting all of my tickets in the mail late November or early December. Now I just want alumni tickets.

I wouldn't count on them televising it; the Wings/Hawks Alumni game wasn't televised.

i bet it will, especially with all the big names going to be in it. last year's game was televised live on versus (now nbc network) and cbc

Edited by chances14

I ordered my tickets tonight!

Got the email with the password and I was excited, went ahead and ordered 2 ticket packages... Then my wife came home lol!

She's cool though, I explained that this is pretty much once in a lifetime kind of deal and since the tickets aren't slated to be delivered until Dec 1st it's my Christmas present ;)

Where is everyone planning on meeting pre game? Is there a LGW get together somewhere, not familiar with Ann Arbour at all.(for the WC)

I'll probably hit Hoots (Can't remember the new name.. McShanes? On Michigan & Turnbull) since they offer the shuttle to Comerica for the GLI...

Edited by mo_hockeytown

So on the map for the big house, it shows a Red Wings side and a Toronto side. But the tickets that are available to me are on the Toronto side. Is it really gonna be split in half and will I find myself in Leaf territory with those seats or is everyone all over the place?

Yes. As for price didn't they release prices for it? I can't seem to find it but I thought it would be a little cheaper?

no information has been released yet other than that season ticket holders will have first dibs on them

Is it really gonna be split in half and will I find myself in Leaf territory with those seats or is everyone all over the place?

I've never been to any sporting event where supporters are split entirely to separate sides. I'm pretty sure that's "sportsism".

So on the map for the big house, it shows a Red Wings side and a Toronto side. But the tickets that are available to me are on the Toronto side. Is it really gonna be split in half and will I find myself in Leaf territory with those seats or is everyone all over the place?

I don't think they're split that way. I'm in the Sect 35 end zone. I have two groups of four, bought about 15 minutes apart, and still ended up getting the same section and row (just four seats apart -- we'll probably swap with whomever is there). Visually it'd be pretty cool to have the red vs. blue, but in reality it's going to be interspersed from what I'm seeing.

They're sending them out in scheduled releases. I believe I was in the first group that received notification on Friday afternoon and gave us a weekend window until this passed Monday @ 5:00pm to buy tickets. After that the next batch of codes gets released, and so on... If anything check your spam, or hopefully you'll be in on the next scheduled release.

They're sending them out in scheduled releases. I believe I was in the first group that received notification on Friday afternoon and gave us a weekend window until this passed Monday @ 5:00pm to buy tickets. After that the next batch of codes gets released, and so on... If anything check your spam, or hopefully you'll be in on the next scheduled release.

Thanks

I dont know what's going on though. I registered months ago and then a couple more times since it was announced they were being released(last week). I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks anyway

keep getting this

"Error: The seats you selected for WCFEST2 are no longer available. Please make another selection"

Same here unless I choose 1 ticket. So I guess the GLI is sold out? Makes sense considering Comerica Park is less than half the size of the big house in attendance. Maybe we'll have to buy AHL/OHL tickets now. Hope they get it all figred out tomorrow cause my purchase time slot ends saturday.

Same here unless I choose 1 ticket. So I guess the GLI is sold out? Makes sense considering Comerica Park is less than half the size of the big house in attendance. Maybe we'll have to buy AHL/OHL tickets now. Hope they get it all figred out tomorrow cause my purchase time slot ends saturday.

I was able to buy tickets the day after my slot ended. Not sure how, but I'm glad I could.

just logged into to my account and noticed that there is now a link to the alumni game when i clicked on the buy tickets link, but when i click on it, it says no events scheduled.

so perhaps they are close to releasing alumni tickets?

Edited by chances14

I never got an email but was able to buy tickets ;)

Also had to buy 4 tickets individually since they weren't allowing side-by-side seating anymore (probably in regards to my purchase group). Wrote myself an automated script, so got lucky with seats in the same section close to each other, just a row or 2 apart, directly in-front/behind.

Also....anyone interested in a section 1 orange level seat, possibly next to the tunnel? :cool:

Any one else still struggling to get the email? I havent gotten the email nor am I able to find a way to purchase tickets. Any help any one can give me would really be awesome. Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you, and pretty confused as to how this works to be honest. I've had some people tell me that all the emails are already sent and not to expect emails anymore and then I see what Matt and others say on here that they are scheduled releases. So I guess I wait patiently and see how it plays out.