73 replies to this topic

#21 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ha!

Semin took less to play in Pittsburgh because of the discussion forum politeness.

Ha, he hasn't signed anywhere yet, that's irrelevant to this topic and your continued desire to do nothing more on this board, than agitate, is getting old...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#22 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

I guess I never noticed these 'plenty of times' that you said this, and I now see it in the forum guildlines. I don't know how long that's been the there but it's weird I've never seen it before after 6+ years on these forums.

It's been there from the beginning. You've got no one to blame for your lack of reading skills but yourself.

Anyway, I didn't feel the need to go over this mod's head because they were responding back and forth in PM. Their stupidity was more humorous than frustrating, so I didn't fail to do anything but laugh it off. If my post gets deleted even though I was on topic and didn't attack anyone, I'll be sure to come and whine/complain to you from now on.

No, but you felt the need to whine about it publicly on the forum like an offended child rather than taking a route available to you. Oh, that's right -- you failed to read about that part. Again, this feeds into your persecution complex you've laid bare here.

Despite your condescending tone, this was not at all a time that the forum was busier than usual (late Feb/beginning of March), and it was a topic I started. So nothing was reported, the mod just read the topic and clearly wasn't feeling it. Apparently one mod found it ok enough to respond to it, and but the other just removed it.

So right around the NHL Trade Deadline. Right. No traffic increase there. As far as the "condescending tone" is concerned, I will reply in kind when the moderating staff is called "elitist" or "stupid", so get used to it.

I just found the crackdown funny, sorry for being honest. I'll definitely try to hit "print screen" before my posts are removed or something.

Since this one occurrence has offended you so, may I ask what the topic pertained to (since I don't recall seeing it)? I'm virtually 100% confident the moderator that removed the topic did so correctly, but the event has left an ugly scar in your mind since then.

I've looked a this 'warning point" and the details were blank, if you'd like to PM me what this was in reference to I'd love to know. Otherwise I can just assume this is your BS attempt to personally call me out. Which is also just hilarious considering the topic.

Again, you think quite highly of yourself, which is amusing -- but sorry, I have no need to make up "BS attempts" to call you out. What's the point in that? Unfortunately the forum software from four years ago handled warnings a bit differently and there's no specifics other than a record of whom assigned the warning, the date, and the reason. That fancy print-screen effect below:

Attached File  louisville1.jpg   41.29KB   62 downloadsAttached File  louisville2.jpg   70.03KB   66 downloads

And to your second point, of course I'm not the first poster who feels that way, but I'm sure most just take it without argument. If you want to create an open discussion about this let's at least be honest about that. Otherwise, just post your rules and close the topic.

What exactly have I not been honest about? Is this not an open discussion? Your attempts at trying to skew the discussion are laughable, at best. Argue/debate/discuss all you want, I'm game and I always have been. I don't believe I've ever been known to shun open discussion of site policies as long as it's done so with respect from the start. That isn't how it started here.

Look, I love this forum (why else would I be a booster?) but if something is going to be removed/modified/or result in a ban I would hope that it remains consistent . Looks like you guys are heading in the right direction at least.

If there's one thing that all moderators need to accept it's that you can't keep everyone happy. Someone will always be put off about one thing or another, will take something personal when it's not, etc.. You ARE a Booster -- so you know that there's been a two-year long thread on the first page of the private Booster forum specifically discussing the moderator policies of the forum. What have you contributed to it? Nothing. Zero. Not one post. (But let me guess, you didn't see that either, and I magically made that appear, too?)

No disrespect for regular members here, but I do give the opinions of Boosters more weight when it comes to the discussion of moderator policies on the forums here: after all, they have made a contribution to the site and I consider it an "investment" in the site's growth and future. Does that mean they decide policy? Absolutely not, but I do listen to what they have to say.

The moderators and I are not infallible. Things get missed, some things are edited/moved/deleted when they shouldn't be. It happens, and we try our best to fix it on the random times it does happen. And for those that feel that something was handled incorrectly than can always talk to me -- the buck stops here. I can't improve things if I don't know about the problems to begin with.

#23 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Lol stev

the funny thing about you is, I can't tell if your the cleverest troll I've ever met or just the strangest troll I've ever met lol.

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Can we know once in for all if CentCougar is a sock-puppet account for Richdg? Back when they were posting together, agreeing and 'like'ing eachothers posts it seemed like they'd have the same IP if you catch my drift. ;)

The report function does get underutilized. I'm not sure if it's a "snitches end up in ditches" mentality or what.

Crymson told me out back that 'loose lips sink ships'. He's a pretty scary looking guy so I just nodded my head and slowly backed away.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Can we know once in for all if CentCougar is a sock-puppet account for Richdg? Back when they were posting together, agreeing and 'like'ing eachothers posts it seemed like they'd have the same IP if you catch my drift. ;)

Crymson told me out back that 'loose lips sink ships'. He's a pretty scary looking guy so I just nodded my head and slowly backed away.

I'll say that crossed my mind, but I honestly think rich was just "misinformed" enough about the wings that he actually sided with a troll LOL

Edited by number9, 11 July 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#26 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

The one person we're all tiptoeing around naming here is pretty clearly only around to troll. The only type of posts he makes are derogitory towards the Wings, Holland and posters here at LGW. That's what really gets my goat.

Concerning the member in question here: the warning in the thread causing tonight's ruckus has been made. Anything further from him will result in removal.

the funny thing about you is, I can't tell if your the cleverest troll I've ever met or just the strangest troll I've ever met lol.

Be patient, it'll take a week for him to respond to that.

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

I don't feel the mods are unfair. For the most part, from what I've seen, they're pretty lenient.

I poke at some posters here sometimes, but I hope they know its all in good fun.

Guys like Centcougar make it fun to come here simply because he tries to troll and when he is confronted with facts, he conveniently takes a couple days off LGW.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

I don't feel the mods are unfair. For the most part, from what I've seen, they're pretty lenient.

I poke at some posters here sometimes, but I hope they know its all in good fun.

Guys like Centcougar make it fun to come here simply because he tries to troll and when he is confronted with facts, he conveniently takes a couple days off LGW.

I must say, I do enjoy when Cougs comes around lol

#29 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Lol alright Matt, you win. I didn't call out any specific mod but it's ok for you to tell me I can't read.

You ask me what happened like you're interested, but call me childish for even bringing it up. You think your mod did the right thing, I don't. If you want I can write you up what happened but I'm done getting baited here because I don't always agree with the mods or things happen that are not ideal. Which you admit at the end of your post.

Since your "personal attack" note doesn't say anything specific, didn't alert me at the time, and which you admit doesn't have basically any info about what happened, it looks like you pretty much trust your mods to do what they please unless notified otherwise. Good to know from here on out.

#30 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Argue/debate/discuss all you want, I'm game and I always have been.

Oh Matt, you sounded like Dirty Harry just then.

#31 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Lol alright Matt, you win. I didn't call out any specific mod but it's ok for you to tell me I can't read.

You insinuated that I had edited the guidelines to add the "contact Matt" portion recently, but I hadn't. So yes, in that instance you failed to properly read them -- and that's not the fault of anyone but yourself. I didn't ask you to "call out" a moderator on the forum, but if you had a problem with one to mention it privately via PM. You didn't do that either. There's no sense in making sour grapes claims months after the fact.

You ask me what happened like you're interested, but call me childish for even bringing it up. You think your mod did the right thing, I don't. If you want I can write you up what happened but I'm done getting baited here because I don't always agree with the mods or things happen that are not ideal. Which you admit at the end of your post.

I called you childish because of the manner in which you brought it up -- not the fact that you did. Big difference. Reading comprehension in play there. Do I trust the moderators here to make the right decision? Yes, i do -- otherwise they wouldn't be moderators. The lesson for you to learn here is this: Use the methods here at your disposal to report a problem. If you don't agree with an action a moderator has taken, bring it up with me. Simple. That's the case with virtually any forum -- not just this one -- and I repeatedly mention it as a reminder here. Whining about it on the forums months after the fact and calling moderators "elitist" and alluding to their "stupidity" will get you nothing but terse responses back. "You get more with sugar than vinegar" and all that jazz. Your behavior does nothing but further affirm the original action the moderator had taken.

Since your "personal attack" note doesn't say anything specific, didn't alert me at the time, and which you admit doesn't have basically any info about what happened, it looks like you pretty much trust your mods to do what they please unless notified otherwise. Good to know from here on out.

*sigh*... Again, reading comprehension. The original report was from four years ago, there have been dozens of software and feature changes since then, so some of the old fields may have been dropped, brought back, or removed altogether. I do know that you were "warned" for a personal attack and I'm 100% sure it was justified at the time. So, the amusing part here is that you claim to remember that it "didn't alert me at the time" (four years ago, mind you) but you've failed to properly remember the forum guidelines at any point during the span.

Worth repeating: Yes, I trust the moderators here or they wouldn't have the positions they do. Again, simple. Do the moderators and I make the occasional mistake? Yup, and we'll do the best to fix them.

Your situation, and the way you've handled it, convincingly shows me they handled it appropriately. A word of advice: Handle any future problems appropriately and tactfully and you'll get more than just "condescendingly" picked apart in a reply.

#32 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

As has been mentioned before, us mods cannot see everything that goes on in every thread created here at LGW. While the majority of us tend to look at most threads in the GD, we're just like anyone else in that we frequent the ones that interest us and tend to shy away from those that don't.

Again, if we miss a personal attack or flame-bait, *report it* and we'll take care of it. We understand tensions run high, especially given the recent UFA events, but we continue to do the best we can to stay on top of things. So again, if you feel someone breaks a forum rule....report it.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#33 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

My two cents: The ignore function is incredible. I just discovered where it was and already the quality of my LGW experience has improved immensely. From now on that's my first stop when repeatedly irritated by someone's posts, unless it's someone's quirks I've come to accept (looking at you Leftwinger), in which case I'll continue to jocularly rib with shear delight.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#34 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I love all you jerks equally.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#35 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

My two cents: The ignore function is incredible. I just discovered where it was and already the quality of my LGW experience has improved immensely. From now on that's my first stop when repeatedly irritated by someone's posts, unless it's someone's quirks I've come to accept (looking at you Leftwinger), in which case I'll continue to jocularly rib with shear delight.

Not to get off topic, but I looked for the ignore feature and couldn't find it... where's it at?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

I love this place! My exchange with centcougar was enjoyable! I never got offended by any of it...

Maybe the gaping and bleeding part was a bit overboard....maybe! :D

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#37 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Not to get off topic, but I looked for the ignore feature and couldn't find it... where's it at?

Up on the top right, next to the sign out button, click the drop down box next to your screen name and there's an option that says "Manage Ignore Prefs". Then you just type in the screen name of the person you're trying to ignore and click the individual boxes for which content you want to block (e.g. posts, sig line, chat, messenger).

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#38 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Up on the top right, next to the sign out button, click the drop down box next to your screen name and there's an option that says "Manage Ignore Prefs". Then you just type in the screen name of the person you're trying to ignore and click the individual boxes for which content you want to block (e.g. posts, sig line, chat, messenger).

Awesome, thanks!

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#39 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

thanks...

added stevkrause,leftwinger,harold.......hahahaha j/k

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 11 July 2012 - 01:02 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#40 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

The one person we're all tiptoeing around naming here is pretty clearly only around to troll. The only type of posts he makes are derogitory towards the Wings, Holland and posters here at LGW. That's what really gets my goat.

I'm proud of how many great fans from other teams we have on LGW. Just off the top of my head I can think of posters from the Sharks and Preds community who've come here and made very intelligent, constructive posts while dodging the odd attack here or there based on their obvious love of another team. MacAttack used to post regularly from the position of a win-deprived Leafs fan who respects the Wings. For each of our playoff opponents in recent years I'd say we've had good cross-forum posters who I hope will come back for future games day threads.

My point is that those of us who are tired of CentCougar aren't taking that position simply because he's a Wild fan.

Yeah, since you already named him, the fact that their has been so much static here and this thread is even necessary has tons to do with that centcougar kid. Myself and others have made posts letting people know that he is just a hockey forum troll, and does this same trolling on various other teams forums for fun too and to just ignore him, but I know that is easier said than done, and obviously some people couldn't ignore his incessant trolling, which let us here to this thread...

Edited by sleepwalker, 11 July 2012 - 01:34 PM.