Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#42 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

this is because I listen to devil music, isn't it? :lol:

That ol devil music making people shimmy and shake there down down parts all over the place.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

There's forum rules? lol.

I read them very briefly years back. I just try to make my point and provide proper research when i post and try not to be a kak when i do it... Seems like an easy enough approach. There's a lot of very knowledgable guys on here (ex Drake_Marcus), a lot of very optimistic guys in a trying time for the Wings which I like (ex LeftWinger) and then you have the funny guy that always has an epic comment to add, yes, that's you esteef, and that's what makes this site great.

I think the main problem is that we havn't seen 55 fan on here recently, and our voice of reason isn't here to calm everyone down.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#44 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, since you already named him, the fact that their has been so much static here and this thread is even necessary has tons to do with that centcougar kid. Myself and others have made posts letting people know that he is just a hockey forum troll, and does this same trolling on various other teams forums for fun too and to just ignore him, but I know that is easier said than done, and obviously some people couldn't ignore his incessant trolling, which let us here to this thread...

Yes I found him doing the same thing on a Ducks and Habs forum too. He must be the minister of propaganda for the Wild or something.

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

My two cents: The ignore function is incredible. I just discovered where it was and already the quality of my LGW experience has improved immensely. From now on that's my first stop when repeatedly irritated by someone's posts, unless it's someone's quirks I've come to accept (looking at you Leftwinger), in which case I'll continue to jocularly rib with shear delight.

I can proudly say that in my almost 5 years here (anniversary coming up :yahoo: ), I'm quite confident no one has ever dared put me on ignore.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

There's an ignore button? Can anyone even see this??
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#47 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

I believe the biggest problem on this forum is merging a disagreement with trolling. Just because someone posts a point that disagrees with yours doesn't mean the guy is trolling. It means he disagrees with your assessment. The sooner people realize that the better.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#48 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

There's forum rules? lol.

I read them very briefly years back. I just try to make my point and provide proper research when i post and try not to be a kak when i do it... Seems like an easy enough approach. There's a lot of very knowledgable guys on here (ex Drake_Marcus), a lot of very optimistic guys in a trying time for the Wings which I like (ex LeftWinger) and then you have the funny guy that always has an epic comment to add, yes, that's you esteef, and that's what makes this site great.

I think the main problem is that we havn't seen 55 fan on here recently, and our voice of reason isn't here to calm everyone down.

I'm on vacation.

#49 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I believe the biggest problem on this forum is merging a disagreement with trolling. Just because someone posts a point that disagrees with yours doesn't mean the guy is trolling. It means he disagrees with your assessment. The sooner people realize that the better.

pshhhhhhh yeah whatever you say troll

#50 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

What the heck did GMR say...I have him on ignore....... :tounge:
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I disagree with your assessment.

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

I disagree with your assessment.

Go back to your Kings forum, troll.

:tounge:

#53 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Fun fact, if typing on a smart phone, and you don't catch the typo/auto correct, you may publish a post calling someone a trolly... Which drastically changes the intention of the post...

Is it still insulting to be called a street car?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#54 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Can I talk about Sidney Crosby yet :angel_not:

#55 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Can I talk about Sidney Crosby yet :angel_not:

With the new profanity filter on the new board, can we make that name one? it'd just be funny to see all the asterisk's in Carman's posts :lol:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#56 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

I can proudly say that in my almost 5 years here (anniversary coming up :yahoo: ), I'm quite confident no one has ever dared put me on ignore.

:lol: Of course not, the personal messages you'd send once you figured out would be enough to have them take you off the ignore list in an instant.

#NOMOREKINDL

#57 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

Posted Imagecentcougar07, on 09 July 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:
Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

I can't see this as being classified as anything other than trolling and most of his posts are along the same sentiment repeated over and over

#58 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Posted Imagecentcougar07, on 09 July 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:
Lol.. Might win the Presidents trophy and the cup next year eh? Yes, I can see it now. Lose Lidstrom and Stuart and add nobody on the back end. Damien Brunner is the biggest signing of the year... So I have only one thing to say to that. In the words of Emilio Estevez when he played Billy the Kid in Young Guns.. "I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future."

P.S. Holland better get on his horse and start making some improvements on this roster or you guys are going to be Royally Fuc*ked

I can't see this as being classified as anything other than trolling and most of his posts are along the same sentiment repeated over and over

So, you disagree with this assessment? :D

I think most SANE Wings fans would. At the same time, he is entitled to his opinion. Just like I have stood up for the refereeing that many people here think is ungodly bad. Does my opinion about the refereeing fall into the "trolling" category just because it differs from the majority? No.

To be totally honest, I believe they should be shutting down people who are levying personal attacks against other members. There is a way to have a great debate on a topic. Levying personal attacks isn't the way to go.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#59 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

So, you disagree with this assessment? :D

I think most SANE Wings fans would. At the same time, he is entitled to his opinion. Just like I have stood up for the refereeing that many people here think is ungodly bad. Does my opinion about the refereeing fall into the "trolling" category just because it differs from the majority? No.

To be totally honest, I believe they should be shutting down people who are levying personal attacks against other members. There is a way to have a great debate on a topic. Levying personal attacks isn't the way to go.

Absolutely agree.

Though I don't agree with the post you quoted, he's at least talking hockey. If people would stick to that we'd be fine. It all goes to hell when people start attacking the person for their unpopular opinion. Plus some of the smarter trolls toe the line and antagonize people without it necessarily being an outright personal attack.

I don't want to speak out of turn (correct me if I'm wrong fellow mods) but Matt and the mods prefer to keep things on the looser side around here so people can speak their minds rather than clamp down on every little thing. I think in general it makes is a more fun place to talk hockey, but it also does mean there's some irritating stuff that you have to live with on occasion.

#60 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

:lol: Of course not, the personal messages you'd send once you figured out would be enough to have them take you off the ignore list in an instant.

Not me, dude. :angel_not:

You're thinking of MillerBrew.