Photo
- - - - -

DRWF's Alchy of Choice

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Fav Alchy

What's your favorite alcohol?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Being a hard drinker myself I'm interested to know what other die hard wings fans drink while watching games. Mines whiskey day in, day out. Cheers!

#2 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Micro-brews for me, single malts are a close 2nd. Neither right now as I'm trying to get back to a decent weight.

#3 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

If I'm watching a game, it's got to be a beer for me. Not too picky about which beer, as my tastes vary greatly depending on my mood and what's available.

If I'm going with some of the hard stuff, my current favorite is this jewel I found a few months back...
Posted Image
It's incredibly smooth (far smoother than any other 70-proof alcohol I've ever tried, especially when served straight from the freezer), with a nice slow burn, and it tastes like a mildly sweet apple cinnamon candy (it even comes with a cinnamon stick in it). And yes, it's 100% legal, and comes true to form in a Mason jar. If you ever come across some, I'd highly recommend picking up a jar (try looking in a larger liquor store).

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

If I'm watching a game, it's got to be a beer for me. Not too picky about which beer, as my tastes vary greatly depending on my mood and what's available.

If I'm going with some of the hard stuff, my current favorite is this jewel I found a few months back...
Posted Image
It's incredibly smooth (far smoother than any other 70-proof alcohol I've ever tried, especially when served straight from the freezer), with a nice slow burn, and it tastes like a mildly sweet apple cinnamon candy (it even comes with a cinnamon stick in it). And yes, it's 100% legal, and comes true to form in a Mason jar. If you ever come across some, I'd highly recommend picking up a jar (try looking in a larger liquor store).

WOW looks amazing. The mason jar alone makes me want to suck it all down lol. I'm one of those guys who's gonna say it needs to be 80 proof at the least though.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

WOW looks amazing. The mason jar alone makes me want to suck it all down lol. I'm one of those guys who's gonna say it needs to be 80 proof at the least though.

They make a traditional moonshine that's 80 proof, though I've never tried it.

Apparently, they also make moonshine that's aged with Strawberries, Cherries, Cranberries and Blueberries, all of them ranking in at 100 proof.

Posted Image

The sticker on the lower half of the jar/bottle is placed there by hand, and each batch # is also written by hand at the distillery. That's just another example of the quality that this company puts into their product.

y4m8.png

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Generally I'm a whiskey girl (Windsor) but I have found that UV Cherry vodka is delightful. Both are tasty served with lemonade since I try not to drink a lot of soda.

I do hit the wine coolers on occasion as well.

#7 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't drink...so why am I here?
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#8 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Either, Ketel One, or Stoli + rocks + lime. Sometimes an occasional Belgian beer or interesting sounding stout. Schneider and Son, Aventinus, is a beer I always have in my bar. I also drink regional drinks while on vacation. But 95%+ of my consumption, is vodka.

#9 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image

Is this just in the US?
IPB Image

#10 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Is this just in the US?

Hmm. I'm not quite sure.

I checked on their website, and found an email address where people in the states can email and get help finding stores where it's sold at. No harm in emailing and asking if you can get it in BC!

info@piedmontdistillers.com

Hope they can help!

y4m8.png

#11 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Depends on venue. If I watch games from home likely a rum or vodka concoction, if from a sports bar or brewery, beer on tap.

#12 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hmm. I'm not quite sure.

I checked on their website, and found an email address where people in the states can email and get help finding stores where it's sold at. No harm in emailing and asking if you can get it in BC!

info@piedmontdistillers.com

Hope they can help!

Thanks for giving me this, I have just emailed them I will let you know if they do!
IPB Image

#13 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

#14 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I've decided to take up a hobby and start making my own beer and mead.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users