• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
REDHASEK

Six teams on Nash's trade "list", none Canadian

Rate this topic

And who's to say we can't have Ryan and Semin? Does trading for Ryan rule us out for Semin?

No, but it is apparently going to cost us more than fair trade (which would be Filppula +, not +++) and all word from the Wings camp is "not interested" on Semin. This isn't about "can't trade Filppula no matter what" like you suggested above, its about including him with too many other assets for a player who is in no way better than keeping Filppula and future players while adding Semin.

I say again: Ryan > Semin. Ryan > Filppula. Ryan << Semin, Filppula, prospects, picks. And IMO, Ryan < Filppula, Mursak, Tatar, 2nd.

I'm confused what you mean by sit out? If he's under contract he can't just sit out can he? Breach of contract which would do him absolutely no good at all. He can F the dog every game until they trade him but he can't just stay at home and eat pizza lol.

Does anyone else find is slightly alarming that this guy doesn't want to play in any Canadian cities because he doesn't want to be under the microscope? Look at his list of teams that he gave except for San Jose all the teams listed are huge hockey markets where he will be under the microscope just as much as he would be in a Canadian city.

Any player can most certainly stay home and eat pizza, this is a free country... now, they may get fined by the team and "suspended" without pay while they do so, but a holdout would be, by no means, something new to sports... it's much less prevalent in the NHL and it doesn't do a lot for a player in the terms of their reputation, but the option is always there and from the sounds of how upset Ryan is becomming with the way they've handled him, I wouldn't say it's impossible he would choose to do so... unlikely, yes, but not impossible...

Edited by stevkrause

...Every other team in the NHL has the Wings' top-sixers figured out (or, at least, they know in theory what you need to do to shut them down). Box them out to the perimeter, rush and rattle them, take away their time and space, outmuscle them. We need a guy (or two) who's going to help fix that by giving our top-6 a new dimension (or two). Semin would be content to take shots from the perimeter, just like all our current "scorers." True, he's got a great shot, but I'd prefer a guy who'll bulldoze through the front door instead of slinging pebbles at the windows.

Great point. Ryan will find a way to get to the middle, and he'll punch people in the face!

esteef

No, but it is apparently going to cost us more than fair trade (which would be Filppula +, not +++) and all word from the Wings camp is "not interested" on Semin. This isn't about "can't trade Filppula no matter what" like you suggested above, its about including him with too many other assets for a player who is in no way better than keeping Filppula and future players while adding Semin.

You're not playing fair. If we're going to include Semin, it's not Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players + Semin - it's Ryan potentially+ Semin Vs. Filppula + future players potentially+ Semin. The two Semins cancel, and what we're left with is Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players.

Players like Flip are rare. Players like Ryan are just as - if not more - rare. Filppula is sort of the prototypical 21st-Century Wing. Bobby Ryan is a 25-year-old power-forward, one of the premier forwards in the game today. He's got, what, something like five straight 30+-goal seasons under his belt - and he's only 25. We don't have anyone like him in our system. We're not going to draft someone like him. Here's opportunity knocking.

Again, I like Flip. So I'm honestly not trying to be just a plain old jerkoff when I ask: How many goals did he score against the Predators in our first-round exit? And is the answer not a wee bit troubling?

Edited by Dabura

For all anyone knows, Ryan is not even on the block... his GM talked to him after his comments over draft weekend, and ever since it's been quiet. Things probably got smoothed over and he's fine now, but who knows. I just think the possibility of us getting Nash or Ryan are remote to zero. We are far more likely to trade for Yandle or Bouwmeester.

You're not playing fair. If we're going to include Semin, it's not Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players + Semin - it's Ryan potentially+ Semin Vs. Filppula + future players potentially+ Semin. The two Semins cancel, and what we're left with is Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players.

Players like Flip are rare. Players like Ryan are just as - if not more - rare. Filppula is sort of the prototypical 21st-Century Wing. Bobby Ryan is a 25-year-old power-forward, one of the premier forwards in the game today. He's got, what, something like five straight 30+-goal seasons under his belt - and he's only 25. We don't have anyone like him in our system. We're not going to draft someone like him. Here's opportunity knocking.

Again, I like Flip. So I'm honestly not trying to be just a plain old jerkoff when I ask: How many goals did he score against the Predators in our first-round exit? And is the answer not a wee bit troubling?

Fair enough; I saw it as sign Semin OR trade for Ryan, not both. Either way, I would be wary of giving up too much in any trade. As I said somewhere previously, if we don't give up too many prospects or picks, Filppula could come back as UFA next season, and it could be great. Just don't want to get rid of a guy we developed into one hell of a player AND chunks of the future for a slight improvement.

As far as who didn't score (in this case, Filppula) during our first-round exit to the Preds: who DID score? Not many.

As far as who didn't score (in this case, Filppula) during our first-round exit to the Preds: who DID score? Not many.

True, but... Filppula was the only significant offensive forward that didn't score a goal. Zetterberg scored twice. Datsyuk scored. Franzen scored. Even Hudler managed to score twice. What's even worse is that Filppula struggled to create much in the offensive zone at all.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The more I think about it the more I am inclined to believe it would be counter productive to deal Flip. Right now he is too important to our team offensively and defensively. He's a solid all around player who will likely get even better than he is right now. Plus he is just entering his prime years.

Does anyone else find is slightly alarming that this guy doesn't want to play in any Canadian cities because he doesn't want to be under the microscope? Look at his list of teams that he gave except for San Jose all the teams listed are huge hockey markets where he will be under the microscope just as much as he would be in a Canadian city.

I think that's jibberish for the Canadian teams are either f*cked or they suck, and in a couple cases both. I've mentioned it before but who would you honestly expect him to want to go in Canada? Only team that I could see wanting to be a part of (at the moment of course) would be Edmonton, but does he want to relocate to Edmonton? Apparently not...

according to the Thunder buddies (Zach + Ryan ) everyone and Jesus Christ is going to be wanting to play in Minnesota LOL

Jesus Christ? That guy is lazy and sucks, I don't know why the Wild would want him... He apparently does too much partying with hookers and blow anyway...

Edited by stevkrause

I think Nash would be a great addition for the Wings even though it would cost us Flip. Nash is crazy good and he has never had a chance to play with anyone really decent in CBJ. I would rather see Mule go but I think Flip is more valuable at this time.

With Z and Pav getting older we are going to need a high scoring winger. Let Z or Pav set him up all day.