• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#61 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

For all anyone knows, Ryan is not even on the block... his GM talked to him after his comments over draft weekend, and ever since it's been quiet. Things probably got smoothed over and he's fine now, but who knows. I just think the possibility of us getting Nash or Ryan are remote to zero. We are far more likely to trade for Yandle or Bouwmeester.

#62 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

You're not playing fair. If we're going to include Semin, it's not Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players + Semin - it's Ryan potentially+ Semin Vs. Filppula + future players potentially+ Semin. The two Semins cancel, and what we're left with is Ryan Vs. Filppula + future players.

Players like Flip are rare. Players like Ryan are just as - if not more - rare. Filppula is sort of the prototypical 21st-Century Wing. Bobby Ryan is a 25-year-old power-forward, one of the premier forwards in the game today. He's got, what, something like five straight 30+-goal seasons under his belt - and he's only 25. We don't have anyone like him in our system. We're not going to draft someone like him. Here's opportunity knocking.

Again, I like Flip. So I'm honestly not trying to be just a plain old jerkoff when I ask: How many goals did he score against the Predators in our first-round exit? And is the answer not a wee bit troubling?

Fair enough; I saw it as sign Semin OR trade for Ryan, not both. Either way, I would be wary of giving up too much in any trade. As I said somewhere previously, if we don't give up too many prospects or picks, Filppula could come back as UFA next season, and it could be great. Just don't want to get rid of a guy we developed into one hell of a player AND chunks of the future for a slight improvement.

As far as who didn't score (in this case, Filppula) during our first-round exit to the Preds: who DID score? Not many.

#63 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

As far as who didn't score (in this case, Filppula) during our first-round exit to the Preds: who DID score? Not many.

True, but... Filppula was the only significant offensive forward that didn't score a goal. Zetterberg scored twice. Datsyuk scored. Franzen scored. Even Hudler managed to score twice. What's even worse is that Filppula struggled to create much in the offensive zone at all.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#64 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm surprised Minnesota isn't on Nash's radar. Thought maybe that's the place to be nowdays :P

#65 spongebob is a wings fan

spongebob is a wings fan

11 TIME CHAMPS

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm surprised Minnesota isn't on Nash's radar. Thought maybe that's the place to be nowdays :P

according to the Thunder buddies (Zach + Ryan ) everyone and Jesus Christ is going to be wanting to play in Minnesota LOL

#66 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

according to the Thunder buddies (Zach + Ryan ) everyone and Jesus Christ is going to be wanting to play in Minnesota LOL

Lol @ Thunder buddies.

#67 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

The more I think about it the more I am inclined to believe it would be counter productive to deal Flip. Right now he is too important to our team offensively and defensively. He's a solid all around player who will likely get even better than he is right now. Plus he is just entering his prime years.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#68 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone else find is slightly alarming that this guy doesn't want to play in any Canadian cities because he doesn't want to be under the microscope? Look at his list of teams that he gave except for San Jose all the teams listed are huge hockey markets where he will be under the microscope just as much as he would be in a Canadian city.

I think that's jibberish for the Canadian teams are either f*cked or they suck, and in a couple cases both. I've mentioned it before but who would you honestly expect him to want to go in Canada? Only team that I could see wanting to be a part of (at the moment of course) would be Edmonton, but does he want to relocate to Edmonton? Apparently not...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#69 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

I thought for sure Vancouver would be in the mix as a possible destination for Nash. However that seems like it's not the case. Good lol

#70 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Jesus Christ? That guy is lazy and sucks, I don't know why the Wild would want him... He apparently does too much partying with hookers and blow anyway...

Edited by stevkrause, 11 July 2012 - 07:12 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#71 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Parise and Suter make their first appearance as a Minnesota Wild...

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 11 July 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#72 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I heard the whining on the radio today about Nash not including a Canadian team on his list. Why would he want to play for a Canadian team?

Getting Nash will be better than Parise.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#73 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Kudos on both accounts.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#74 spongebob is a wings fan

spongebob is a wings fan

11 TIME CHAMPS

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

have fun in Minnestoa together "THUNDER BUDDIES"

#75 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I think Nash would be a great addition for the Wings even though it would cost us Flip. Nash is crazy good and he has never had a chance to play with anyone really decent in CBJ. I would rather see Mule go but I think Flip is more valuable at this time.
With Z and Pav getting older we are going to need a high scoring winger. Let Z or Pav set him up all day.

#76 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

Jesus Christ? That guy is lazy and sucks, I don't know why the Wild would want him... He apparently does too much partying with hookers and blow anyway...

Minnesota? I thought he went to Calgary already.

#77 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Minnesota? I thought he went to Calgary already.

No, I think he's holding out for LA, I hear they like players who party with hookers and blow more than Calgary... enough to trade for them :ninja:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#78 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

The only thing that could make this better is if you put Parise and Suter's jerseys on the bears. Make sure if you do you put the "A" on their jerseys cause at their press conference, they already had them. So much depth in Minnesota, all you have to do is be a good player and they'll toss you a letter before you even get to the locker room.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#79 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Anyone see this on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=637714

Anywho interesting they have us Wings having to give up Helm in a deal for Nash. Everyone says trade or give up Flip or Franzen for this or that. Might be no teams want them currently.

IMO Helm is a vaulable asset and would you package him in a deal for Nash? Not sure if I would. I won't mention other names as this thread is for Nash. Also by that article NYR have some major assets and seem like they are the likely choice but why hasn't it happened yet is my question.

#80 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I think he will end up in New York or Philly. It would be awesome to see him as a Wing but IDK if the Wings have enough to give up.