• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Smith Leads Charge

Rate this topic

I belong to the "why are you interested in ryan/nash when we have a huge void in our D" camp....yet, i have a sneaking suspicion we don't actually have a giant hole in our D

Smith has been raved about for years...and he's also been held back for years....I think Ken may already know that he is #2 or #3 spot capable and he's ready to unleash him on our foes....It wouldn't surprise me. Also, I personally think Kindl is a big E type, he'll break out late. Holland may be hoping that break out is this year, which it could very well be. He's 25 and has had 2 partial seasons to gain his footing.

^if that's the case and Holland thinks our boys are ready....then I expect him to add someone like Kubina or Rozival, cause we still need 7 D-men

Perhaps this is our final roster after all and Smith is the Calder winner we all expect/hope him to be?

I just feel that Smith is going to have a Calder-worthy season. He is very good and there is plenty of opportunity for him to succeed and grow. My prediction is he pots 43 pts. Color me overly-positive, but that is what I believe.

I was saying the same thing, but as you can see in my sign that will be there until the awards are handed out next summer. I think Smith tops 50 and i don't care who knows it! He gets top 4 mins and PP, mark my words he gets 50+ pts and a Calder nomination.

Really, you think he'll get 43 points!? I doubt it.. 42 maybe, or 44.. but 43 seems an unrealistic expectation.

PS. I think he'll have a huge season and be a Calder finalist.

You're crazy!! 44?!?! I'd say there's a chance he scores 28, 37, or 45... anything else is ridiculous!

:w00t:

Guest Johnz96

I belong to the "why are you interested in ryan/nash when we have a huge void in our D" camp....yet, i have a sneaking suspicion we don't actually have a giant hole in our D

Smith has been raved about for years...and he's also been held back for years....I think Ken may already know that he is #2 or #3 spot capable and he's ready to unleash him on our foes....It wouldn't surprise me. Also, I personally think Kindl is a big E type, he'll break out late. Holland may be hoping that break out is this year, which it could very well be. He's 25 and has had 2 partial seasons to gain his footing.

^if that's the case and Holland thinks our boys are ready....then I expect him to add someone like Kubina or Rozival, cause we still need 7 D-men

Perhaps this is our final roster after all and Smith is the Calder winner we all expect/hope him to be?

Kindl needs to play. He actually scored 1 more even strength assist than Lidstrom despite playing 15 games less and getting a lot less time per game

I am completely fine with us going with what we have and adding a veteran to battle it out with Kindl and provide depth.... I think our defense is not as bad as some of these crazies think it is. Sometimes you need to take a step back and see what you have, I think that's what Holland is doing right now. He'll add another defensemen, but I don't think it'll be anyone huge. At best, I can see him making a trade for Yandle or Bouwmeester, but that is all.

Guest Crymson

You're crazy!! 44?!?! I'd say there's a chance he scores 28, 37, or 45... anything else is ridiculous!

:w00t:

I can't believe the sort of garbage I'm hearing from you! It's 42 or bust!!!

Guest Crymson

Identity theft is real, Stev! Millions of families are affected every year!

I'm Jim Halpert! Oooh... a little comment!

Y'all crazy.....Smith will get 52 pts :crazy:

On a serious note - he'll def get a shot on the pp, and will get an opportunity to play 20 plus min a night.

Agreed, all kidding aside, I'm very optimistic about him, I think he will be in the top 4 in no time and is poised to have a real impact... I haven't been as pumped about a prospect as him in a long time...

Aside from the skill he's shown, I'm really starting to dig the way he carries himself. He's got an air of confidence about himself and his game, and once he spends a handful of years with the team, I can really see him developing into a leader.

Agreed completely, he's realllly matured over the last couple years too it appears...

I am also expecting a monster season from Smith. I think he should be paired with Kronwall in the event that we do not acquire a big time D man.

Kronwall -Smith

Quincey - White

Ericsson - Kindl

its a young and inexperienced D corps, but I am feeling optimistic that they can be a solid group as long as we do not run into any injury issues.

I am also expecting a monster season from Smith. I think he should be paired with Kronwall in the event that we do not acquire a big time D man.

Kronwall -Smith

Quincey - White

Ericsson - Kindl

its a young and inexperienced D corps, but I am feeling optimistic that they can be a solid group as long as we do not run into any injury issues.

I would swap Smith down to the 2nd line and White up to play with Kronwall. Like i said befoer, the reason Kronner never got to play with Lids is cause he was the other guy we had that could do it all and be depended on to carry the 2nd line. I think Q could bounce back big time if he had a young confident and energetic linemate like Smith on his line.

Don't get me wrong, in NHL 13 Smith will be up with Kronwall lol....but i think he could be very effective as Kronner's 2nd fiddle the way he was to Lids.

Glad to see some optimism around here. I also believe Smith is going to have a monster season, put this guy next to Kronwall and give him significant PP time, and the sky is the limit. He's one of the most overripe prospects in recent memory, and the last time we had a guy like that he got a Calder nomination..

I think Smith will be the integral part of starting the New Era for the Red Wings. He has all the tools to be one of the elite D in NHL. Iam very optimistic and looking forward watching Smith full time next season.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Smith to win Hart, Art Ross, Norris, Calder, and the Vezina. Howard will be our #2 dman and Smith can play goal as well as dman at the same time. He is this good. He will eat lightning and crap thunder and never leave the ice and we will all bow to his supreme dominance. Anything less than this and Kenny will be fired and replaced by Mike Milbury.