• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Smith Leads Charge

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny is that you?

Yes this is Kenny. I have little to do right now. Semin wants too much term and money and Doan doesn't know what he wants to do. I have no interest in anyone else besides Yandle and he isn't really available. I like my team and I am doing my due diligence. Smith is ready but he has to earn his way into the starting 6. Oh wait I only have 6 dmen right now so I guess he has already achieved this. Did I say I like my team? Yeah I may wait until later this summer or even into October or November when the prices come down. I may keep my Cap space for the deadline. I like our team. I believe we can be better as a group. There is not much separating 1st from last anymore and parity is at its all time height. I like our team and believe we can compete for the Cup. I will only make a trade if it makes sense.

42, how could you even say that?! Bears eat beets, bears, beats... Battlestar Gallactica...

Crymson went and asked Deep Thought how many points Smith would get this season, and he told him the answer - six by nine.

Edited by Nev

Smith to win Hart, Art Ross, Norris, Calder, and the Vezina. Howard will be our #2 dman and Smith can play goal as well as dman at the same time. He is this good. He will eat lightning and crap thunder and never leave the ice and we will all bow to his supreme dominance. Anything less than this and Kenny will be fired and replaced by Mike Milbury.

I'm afraid you didn't put the proper consideration into the fact that Smith will be beat out for all of those by Barret Jackman

Based on the dozen-or-so game sampler from last season, I'm quite confident in his offensive capabilities, patience, and vision. What I'm worried about is his backwards skating and his responsibility in his own zone.

This is what worries me. Watching him last year in a limited capacity was often cringe worthy with the bad passes and turnovers.

Guest Johnz96

This is what worries me. Watching him last year in a limited capacity was often cringe worthy with the bad passes and turnovers.

WTF???

You saw what you expected to see out of a rookie

He was credited with 4 giveaways and 5 takeaways (most veteran d-men are credited with more giveaways than takeaways) and the impression I got was that he is really smart and composed and was surprised at how few errors he made considering it was his first few games

WTF???

You saw what you expected to see out of a rookie

He was credited with 4 giveaways and 5 takeaways (most veteran d-men are credited with more giveaways than takeaways) and the impression I got was that he is really smart and composed and was surprised at how few errors he made considering it was his first few games

I am trying to be a realist. So many are gushing and seemingly expecting the world of this kid and didn't bother to pay attention to those mistakes.

I think the only downfall to smith is simply just learning when he can pinch. Which is only going to come with experience and learning from mistakes. The boy has a hell of a ceiling.

Guest Johnz96

I am trying to be a realist. So many are gushing and seemingly expecting the world of this kid and didn't bother to pay attention to those mistakes.

Again he was credited with 4 giveaways in his first 14 games prorate that over 81 games gives you 23, which is less than Stuart had in his 81 games

22 over 77 games, 10 fewer than White

20.5 over 72 games 13 less than Quincey

20 over 70 games 3 less than Lidstrom

And if I prorated his takeaways the only one who beats him is Lidstrom by 2

You were deluded by your preconceptions

Again he was credited with 4 giveaways in his first 14 games prorate that over 81 games gives you 23, which is less than Stuart had in his 81 games

22 over 77 games, 10 fewer than White

20.5 over 72 games 13 less than Quincey

20 over 70 games 3 less than Lidstrom

And if I prorated his takeaways the only one who beats him is Lidstrom by 2

You were deluded by your preconceptions

Give me the stats for bad passes or being out of position. Look, I'm not dumping on the guy. By all account he looks to be the real deal but c'mon, let's not prematurely give him the Calder already and anoint him as the next Red Wing legend. Tone down the expectations before we become disappointed if he doesn't live up to them. Kindl was a pretty highly thought of prospect, obviously not as high as Smith, but many would be fine if he were run out of town because he didn't live up to his limited amount of hype.

I fail to see how watching objectively makes me deluded. But as Walter said to The Dude, "I'm calmer than you are"

Guest Johnz96

giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Give me the stats for bad passes or being out of position. Look, I'm not dumping on the guy. By all account he looks to be the real deal but c'mon, let's not prematurely give him the Calder already and anoint him as the next Red Wing legend. Tone down the expectations before we become disappointed if he doesn't live up to them. Kindl was a pretty highly thought of prospect, obviously not as high as Smith, but many would be fine if he were run out of town because he didn't live up to his limited amount of hype.

I fail to see how watching objectively makes me deluded. But as Walter said to The Dude, "I'm calmer than you are"

Giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Great movie by the way

I believe that Kindl is better than people give him credit for, he just needs consistent playing time.

I also believe that Smith will have a solid rookies season and compete for the Calder, given that he gets the appropriate ice time and powerplay time. The kid is over-ripe and ready to bust out. 7 points in his first 14 games with limited ice time. To say he can pot 41+ over 82 games is not out of the question.

giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Great movie by the way

True but passes that don't necessarily result in a turnover, are those counted? They still don't connect with the intended target. But whatever, I have no more nits to pick.

Here's a virtual beer to you for hoping that he is the next Lids! I don't care if it is only 10am, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. :tounge:

Guest Johnz96

True but passes that don't necessarily result in a turnover, are those counted? They still don't connect with the intended target. But whatever, I have no more nits to pick.

Here's a virtual beer to you for hoping that he is the next Lids! I don't care if it is only 10am, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. :tounge:

I don't think he will be the next Lids but i do think he will be a great hockey player