49 replies to this topic

#41 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Give me the stats for bad passes or being out of position. Look, I'm not dumping on the guy. By all account he looks to be the real deal but c'mon, let's not prematurely give him the Calder already and anoint him as the next Red Wing legend. Tone down the expectations before we become disappointed if he doesn't live up to them. Kindl was a pretty highly thought of prospect, obviously not as high as Smith, but many would be fine if he were run out of town because he didn't live up to his limited amount of hype.

I fail to see how watching objectively makes me deluded. But as Walter said to The Dude, "I'm calmer than you are"

Giveaways is a stat for bad passes
Great movie by the way

#42 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Give me the stats for bad passes or being out of position. Look, I'm not dumping on the guy. By all account he looks to be the real deal but c'mon, let's not prematurely give him the Calder already and anoint him as the next Red Wing legend. Tone down the expectations before we become disappointed if he doesn't live up to them. Kindl was a pretty highly thought of prospect, obviously not as high as Smith, but many would be fine if he were run out of town because he didn't live up to his limited amount of hype.

I fail to see how watching objectively makes me deluded. But as Walter said to The Dude, "I'm calmer than you are"

I believe that Kindl is better than people give him credit for, he just needs consistent playing time.

I also believe that Smith will have a solid rookies season and compete for the Calder, given that he gets the appropriate ice time and powerplay time. The kid is over-ripe and ready to bust out. 7 points in his first 14 games with limited ice time. To say he can pot 41+ over 82 games is not out of the question.

#43 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

giveaways is a stat for bad passes

Giveaways is a stat for bad passes
Great movie by the way

True but passes that don't necessarily result in a turnover, are those counted? They still don't connect with the intended target. But whatever, I have no more nits to pick.

Here's a virtual beer to you for hoping that he is the next Lids! I don't care if it is only 10am, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. :tounge:
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#44 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

True but passes that don't necessarily result in a turnover, are those counted? They still don't connect with the intended target. But whatever, I have no more nits to pick.

Here's a virtual beer to you for hoping that he is the next Lids! I don't care if it is only 10am, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. :tounge:

I don't think he will be the next Lids but i do think he will be a great hockey player

#45 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I don't think he will be the next Lids but i do think he will be a great hockey player

I'm hoping (and cautiously expecting) that Smith can be the Wings' replacement for Rafalski.

#46 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Can't wait for Smith to play a full nhl season
IPB Image

#47 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Big opportunity this year for Smith, Ericsson and maybe even Kindl. We'll see what they're really made of. Could be a fun year, could be a frustrating one..

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,576 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Merged with yesterday's thread about an article on Smith.

#49 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

when is quincey's arbitration?

#50 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

when is quincey's arbitration?

July 25th

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal