• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ElCapitan

Wolski signs with Washington

Rate this topic

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed left wing Wojtek Wolski to a one-year contract, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Wolski, 26, recorded 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 31 games with the New York Rangers and Florida Panthers in 2011-12. He was acquired by Florida on Feb. 25, 2012, from New York in exchange for defenseman Mike Vernace and a third-round selection in the 2013 NHL Draft. In addition Wolski appeared in six games with Connecticut of the American Hockey League (AHL), tallying three goals and two assists.

reports are $600,000 for the year

If true, this is a steal.

Good price, but it's not like Kenny missed out on a gem. This guy has been on 4 teams in 2 years, not including AHL stints. Clearly, there's a reason for that.

True. He was having a very good year (09-10) for Colorado & was traded to Phoenix for Mueller @ the deadline. Then he had 18 points in 18 games for Phoenix for the remainder of the year. I'm not sure what happened to him but he's been on a free-fall since. For 600K though...

I'm like, the most butthurt person on the interwebs right now.

HOWEVER! Holland has a plan, and he's sticking to it! Trust in KH as he sails his failboat!

What a miss.

Really? This guy has bounced around to a few teams the past few seasons and hasn't done much... he's a big body who doesn't have much snarl at all and hasn't put up many points. We have 15 forwards right now, why would we add another? Especially one that hasn't proven he can play at a high level for a while now... If anyone is sailing the failboat, it is you my friend. Your post fails.

Good price, but it's not like Kenny missed out on a gem. This guy has been on 4 teams in 2 years, not including AHL stints. Clearly, there's a reason for that.

Exactly, thank you! Stinkyness fails to see this and apparently thinks any little signing that passes KH by is a failure. Oh crap, Exelby signed with Boston... Kenny sucks!!!! :w00t2:

Guest Heaten

HOWEVER! Holland has a plan, and he's sticking to it! Trust in KH as he sails his failboat!

What a miss.

I would rather Holland sign Cheechoo over Wolski, TBH. At least Cheechoo had a 50 goal year before he fell apart. Wolski is the failboat, not Holland...

Guest Crymson

What a miss.

The team doesn't need another bottom-six forward.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wolski seems to always find a job. I've never been a fan of this player. He gets more chances than Steve Howe. Ok so most here are too young to know who that is. He gets alot of chances. He's high on talent and low on hockey sense. He is a mess off the ice. I never considered him to be a possibility for the Wings.

Guest Crymson

I really liked the way he played in Colorado. Some stability might wake him up. Hell, the way the Wings love reclamation projects he could fit right in, and 600k is cheap.

He's lazy on the ice and irresponsible off it.

Lots of talent but little to no work ethic. I've heard he's a party animal off the ice and a cancerous ****** in the locker room. But damn 6 is cheap for him.

He got $600K because nobody wanted him at a higher salary, and many teams apparently didn't want him at any salary.

Edited by Crymson

I've met Wolski's dad. According to his old man, Wojtek likes the night life.

I agree it's a steal though, with his potential. It's amazing though how the lure of the night life can ruin a career. Think of all the earning potential Wojtek could have if he took things serious.

sigh....not that we have room nor wanted him, but GM's are doing things and Holland is.....well....Holland.

I really hope he has a plan....

One word, Nash

Edited by Barrie

sigh....not that we have room nor wanted him, but GM's are doing things and Holland is.....well....Holland.

I really hope he has a plan....

Exactly, Holland is Holland and not panicking and making poor decisions and hurting his team by signing guys we don't need...

COME ON........ :glare: