• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Panthers sign Mueller

Rate this topic

With so many forwards on the Wings already, we're looking for a big fish like Doan, Semin, Nash, or Ryan, not just another guy. That said, one year deal at that price is a steal; very little risk for a player who is worth it.

With so many forwards on the Wings already, we're looking for a big fish like Doan, Semin, Nash, or Ryan, not just another guy. That said, one year deal at that price is a steal; very little risk for a player who is worth it.

uh, hello? we did get a big fish....jordin tootoo....

Exactly... if we're going to move someone out, it needs to be more than a lateral move (Semin, Doan). Those are guys who would bolster our top 6 (one moreso than the other, imo)... no need in just adding another guy who *might* be better. I'd much rather give Nyquist, Brunner or Tatar a shot over Mueller...

Guest Crymson

The fact that the Avalanche did not want him back, even at a low price, is very telling. Whatever the case, the guy would be yet another bottom-six forward with the Wings. He scored 22 goals in one season, yes, but that was five years ago, and he hasn't mustered more than 13 goals in any season since then. I don't know why so many of you are calling him a steal at that price; the guy is not a big scorer.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Johnz96

The fact that the Avalanche did not want him back, even at a low price, is very telling. Whatever the case, the guy would be yet another bottom-six forward with the Wings. He scored 22 goals in one season, yes, but that was five years ago, and he hasn't mustered more than 13 goals in any season since then. I don't know why so many of you are calling him a steal at that price; the guy is not a big scorer.

Neither is Crosby he only scored 8 goals and 37 points this year and 66points last year I don't know why everybody considers him such a big scorer and he just signed a $8.7m/yr contract

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Crymson

Neither is Crosby he only scored 37 points this year and 66 last year i don't know why everybody considers him such a big scorer and he just signed a $8.7m/yr contract

I see what you're trying to do there, but it doesn't work. We all know that Crosby scores at well over a point-per-game pace when he's healthy. Mueller has played 173 games over the past four seasons and has logged only 89 points in that period.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Johnz96

Neither is Crosby he only scored 8 goals37 points this year. I don't know why everybody considers him such a big scorer and he just signed a $8.7m/yr long term contract

Guest Johnz96

I see what you're trying to do there, but it doesn't work. We all know that Crosby scores at well over a point-per-game pace when he's healthy. Mueller has played 173 games over the past four seasons and has logged only 89 points in that period.

You said he isn't a big scorer and hasn't produced much since his rookie year b I was trying to point out that there is a reason for that and that is beause he hasn't played much since then because of concussions

Guest Johnz96

He scored 22 goals and 54 points as a teenager (that was only 3 years ago not 5) and has never played a full season since. He has scored at least a half a point a game every season, guys that score more than half a point a game consistently usually get more than double what he got especially young ones with size. He is at an age that the Red Wings finally give their young guys a shot at the big league and already has 143 points despite missing a lot of games with concussion injuries.

If healthy he has the potential to be a big scorer and as young as he is he is definitely worth taking a chance on especially for under $2 mill

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Crymson

He scored 22 goals and 54 points as a teenager (that was only 3 years ago not 5) and has never played a full season since. He has scored at least a half a point a game every season, guys that score more than half a point a game consistently usually get more than double what he got especially young ones with size. He is at an age that the Red Wings finally give their young guys a shot at the big league and already has 143 points despite missing a lot of games with concussion injuries.

If healthy he has the potential to be a big scorer and as young as he is he is definitely worth taking a chance on especially for under $2 mill

He scored 22 goals and 54 points in the 2007-2008 season. That was five years ago. In the season following that, he played 71 games. In the season after that, he played in 69. While these numbers do not qualify a literal full season, they are close to the league average.

Say what you will, but he'd just be yet another bottom-six forward in the glut of forwards the Wings have. Had the Avalanche or anyone else thought that this guy wasn't just another bottom-sixer, he'd have signed with a team that wasn't Florida.