• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Homer

Rate this topic

I'm guessing that Homer decides to retire.

I'm not so sure. In the article he is quoted saying that he is only interested in playing in North America, not in Europe, because he likes the small rinks more. Sounds to me like he still enjoys the game enough to consider playing else where.

I'm not so sure. In the article he is quoted saying that he is only interested in playing in North America, not in Europe, because he likes the small rinks more. Sounds to me like he still enjoys the game enough to consider playing else where.

Or maybe not:

But one thing's for sure — Holmstrom isn't playing anywhere else next season.

A report on the Swedish website HockeyExpressen.se suggested otherwise.

"Not true at all," Holmstrom said. "It's playing in Detroit, or nowhere else."

Edited by ogreslayer

But will there be a spot for him

From Detroit News:

Wings forward Tomas Holmstrom said he'll talk with general manager Ken Holland in the next week or two, and the two sides will make a decision as to whether Holmstrom will return for one more season.

But one thing's for sure — Holmstrom isn't playing anywhere else next season.

A report on the Swedish website HockeyExpressen.se suggested otherwise.

"Not true at all," Holmstrom said. "It's playing in Detroit, or nowhere else."

Holland will give him a contract. Watch and see...

At MOST he'll give him a 2 way courtesy contract like he did with Maltby... And if somehow he EARNS a job out of camp, then he obviously deserves it... With that said, I still see him ultimately retiring

At MOST he'll give him a 2 way courtesy contract like he did with Maltby... And if somehow he EARNS a job out of camp, then he obviously deserves it... With that said, I still see him ultimately retiring

If he doesn't retire outright, this is what I see as well.

And I also predict that LGW will explode with people calling for Holland's head, not realizing that Homer can be sent to GR and refuse and it won't cost us a thing.

Sure, Mr and Mrs I have to pay for the extra hotel room in TC, but that's not out of our pockets. It also allows fans one more chance to track him down for autographs etc. Everyone wins.

I don't know if Homer will go that route, but if he doesn't retire outright, it is either this or the Wings just won't offer him a contract and he'll kind of hang in space unemployed until he officially retires. I'd rather they have a nice press conference. Hopefully it will include subtitles.

Asking for another year is unfair. Homer knowes that he can't perform at the level that will help the team. Therefore he should learn from Nick. If you can't perform the way you want to, than you should leave.

If he needs money, he can go play in some other place.

Edited by arag

Two-way deal would be great. Then he can get called up when the PP stalls, like it always seems to for long stretches in the last few seasons. A valuable asset for sure.

Guest Johnz96

Two-way deal would be great. Then he can get called up when the PP stalls, like it always seems to for long stretches in the last few seasons. A valuable asset for sure.

Every PP stalls for stetches during the season

We were 22nd last year but 5th in 10-11,9th in 09-10, and first in 08-09 so basically the best in the league in the 4 yrs since we last won the Cup, although last year was a little worrisome

Edited by Johnz96