Photo
- - - - -

Doug Janik signs with Adler Mannheim, DEL (germany)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

per eliteprospects.com!

Here´s the german link.
http://www.adler-man...opstories.php?d[nr]=3358

Translation:

Eagles take Doug Janik under contract

12th July 2012

Doug Janik with the Americans close the eagle by the departure of Chris Lee gap in the defense. On 26 March 1980 in Agawam / Massachusetts-born defender signed on Wednesday a one-year contract with the Eagles and will accrue from the coming season with the number 33 for the Eagles.

Doug Janik graduated in the past NHL season, nine games for the Detroit Red Wings, played the most games (67) when the Red Wings farm team, the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. It reached the left gunner, who in 1999 was drafted in the second round by the Buffalo Sabres, ten gates, and prepared for another 23 before.

Since 2009, Janik was involved in organizing the Red Wings. He previously played at venues including the Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars, where he ran the farm teams but mostly in Hamilton and Rockford. Two full NHL seasons Janik graduated in 2006/07 and 2007/08 in the Tampa Bay Lightning with a total of 137 matches. There Janik played a full season with eagle center Craig MacDonald.

In his time with the Buffalo Sabres was Doug Janik from 2002-2006 and together with Jochen Hecht on the ice. Yanick Lehoux is also no stranger to Shawn and Belle, which was Janik 2008/09 on the Hamilton Bulldogs on the ice.

#2 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Oh well. He wasn't that good anyways.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Best wishes to him. It was good being able to say, "No need to panic, we have Janik" but all good things must come to an end.

#4 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Best of luck Janik
IPB Image

#5 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

We have lashoff to take up his reigns anyways. More room on the blueline for our young guys to develop. Would be so nice to get all of our prospects aged 19+ onto the Griffins and let them develop together and have chemistry.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#6 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Good for him. Hope he enjoys himself. No one wants to be a lifetime AHLer right? Might as well mix it up.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

bummer, but best of luck to him... he was a real good piece in GR and a good depth guy to have in the event of an emergency call up, but I'm sure he can make more overseas and at some point, a player has to do what they can to best provide for themselves and their family...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#8 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

I always liked Janik...Came in, was steady and never whined about his role. Best of luck to Doug and his family in Germany!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#9 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

As a in hibernation Frankfurt Lions fan it's too bad he is playing for Mannheim,but glad to see him play in Germany:)
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#10 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

He'll come back fat as the beer in Germany is delicious!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

He'll come back fat as the beer in Germany is delicious!

esteef

Everything in Germany is delicious. I was lucky enough to go there for a month to work on an audit team at the end of my deployment last year and if i could watch hockey at the proper times, i'd gladly move to Germany. Just an amazing place.

As for Janik, he could have been a good #7 this year, but he'll no doubt have a blast in Germany.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#12 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Everything in Germany is delicious. I was lucky enough to go there for a month to work on an audit team at the end of my deployment last year and if i could watch hockey at the proper times, i'd gladly move to Germany. Just an amazing place.

As for Janik, he could have been a good #7 this year, but he'll no doubt have a blast in Germany.

Deployment? You in the Navy?

esteef

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Deployment? You in the Navy?

esteef

Air Force. I was in Trapani, Italy (Sicily) across from Libya. It was cool watching F-18's take off all day until they got Gadaffi (spelling?). I left there to go to Germany after that for mission closure audit stuff. Germany is super clean and i loved it there. Italy was interesting...lots of stray dogs in Sicily.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm actually really gonna miss seeing Janik for his call ups. Dude's a solid dman and i can't believe none of us ever thought of him as our 7th to round out or D next season, unless of course he just didn't want to be a 7th/filler and wanted a role where he'd be playing more...which would make sense.

#15 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Air Force. I was in Trapani, Italy (Sicily) across from Libya. It was cool watching F-18's take off all day until they got Gadaffi (spelling?). I left there to go to Germany after that for mission closure audit stuff. Germany is super clean and i loved it there. Italy was interesting...lots of stray dogs in Sicily.

Right on. Was Navy for 9 years. Free travel rulez! :D

esteef

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Right on. Was Navy for 9 years. Free travel rulez! :D

esteef

You know it. Also been to airshows in Barksdale, Louisiana and Virginia Beach.

#17 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Wow another d from the griffins gone. Whose going to replace them

#18 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Wow another d from the griffins gone. Whose going to replace them

Me and esteef, with our D coach Drake Marcus. If they're low on forwards, Left Winger will play right wing.

#19 Frk_You

Frk_You

Draftee

• Silver Booster
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Defense in Grand Rapids will be really interesting next season. Hopefully the Griffs can sign a FA or 2 to help.