• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mwagner468

Are Russian players "really" lazy

Rate this topic

Russians players are often lone stars who might work hard but don't function very well in a group. This is one reason the russian national team rarely has any success, all those stars but they can't play together.

HAHAHA. Your lack of hockey knowledge astounds me. The Russian national team has been ranked in the top 2 for the last 5 years, the last 4 being ranked #1 in the IIHF international Men's Rankings. They haven't fallen out of the top 5 since 2004. As far as their playing style goes, the system is based on the betterment of the team, fundamentals that were placed on the program during its starting Soviet years by Anatoly Tarasov who describes the ideal player as "having tactical intuition, precision work with his partners, perfect orientation, a feeling of the game, the ability to see, understand, and even anticipate the actions of the closest and furthermost opponents and partners. And what is most important, all these qualities must be retained and put into use in the toughest moments of the game, when the pitch of a game is at its highest, when the emotions of players are as taut as bow strings." These are the characteristics that Tarasov placed upon his team when founding the program in the USSR and these characteristics still hold true to the system today. Watch an international game played by the Russian nationals; every player, even guys like Semin and Radulov, are working their ass off for their team and anything it takes to make them win.

Edited by X13WINGS13X

HAHAHA. Your lack of hockey knowledge astounds me. The Russian national team has been ranked in the top 2 for the last 5 years, the last 4 being ranked #1 in the IIHF international Men's Rankings. They haven't fallen out of the top 5 since 2004. As far as their playing style goes, the system is based on the betterment of the team, fundamentals that were placed on the program during its starting Soviet years by Anatoly Tarasov who describes the ideal player as "having tactical intuition, precision work with his partners, perfect orientation, a feeling of the game, the ability to see, understand, and even anticipate the actions of the closest and furthermost opponents and partners. And what is most important, all these qualities must be retained and put into use in the toughest moments of the game, when the pitch of a game is at its highest, when the emotions of players are as taut as bow strings." These are the characteristics that Tarasov placed upon his team when founding the program in the USSR and these characteristics still hold true to the system today. Watch an international game played by the Russian nationals; every player, even guys like Semin and Radulov, are working their ass off for their team and anything it takes to make them win.

Have never fallen out of the top5? haha what kind of measuring stick is that? how would one of the two super powers in hockey fall out of the top5 when there are barely five good countries combined? Russia has more players, more money more everything than any other country combined except for Canada.

How have they done in the last couple of tournaments when all the best players have played? When they have too many stars they almost always play "one man show" ice hockey.

Compare to Sweden and Finland who are much more of a collective and truly know how to get the best out of eachother and play for eachother in every situation.

Not sure why I even bothered replying to this, the part about Radulov working his ass off should've made it clear that you were only trolling :P

Edited by Ekmanc

just like I said take a look at the WJHC 2012 game between Russia and Canada and you'll see that all. Speed, creativity, accurate passing of Russian players vs brute force, activity, pressere of Canadian players. It does not mean that there are no good forecheckers from Russia (Dvuruchesly) or speesters (Etem) from Canada. It is somethings that has never changed. Well, for a short time Russians tried to play like Canadians in 90s. It din't work. Now it is once again: will hardwork outwork skill or not...

Looking forward to more games between Canada and Russia. In late 90s and 00s Canada dominated which is understandable. Closer to 2010s we were better, well except for that Olympic quarerfinals. The rest was ours including three concecutive wins in WJHC that Canadians values more than WHC meetings.

Then watching the gold medal game vs Sweden we got to see whats in my oppinion the best brand of hockey going. They made the Russian team look like total amateurs inregards to their puck possesion and team play. Going into overtime the shots were something like 50-8.

just like I said take a look at the WJHC 2012 game between Russia and Canada and you'll see that all. Speed, creativity, accurate passing of Russian players vs brute force, activity, pressere of Canadian players. It does not mean that there are no good forecheckers from Russia (Dvuruchesly) or speesters (Etem) from Canada. It is somethings that has never changed. Well, for a short time Russians tried to play like Canadians in 90s. It din't work. Now it is once again: will hardwork outwork skill or not...

Looking forward to more games between Canada and Russia. In late 90s and 00s Canada dominated which is understandable. Closer to 2010s we were better, well except for that Olympic quarerfinals. The rest was ours including three concecutive wins in WJHC that Canadians values more than WHC meetings.

Then watching the gold medal game vs Sweden we got to see whats in my oppinion the best brand of hockey going. They made the Russian team look like total amateurs inregards to their puck possesion and team play. Going into overtime the shots were something like 50-8.

Yup that was one great hockey game.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the only reason anyone thinks Semin is lazy is because other people say Semin is lazy. How often does he need to score in order to be considered consistent and not lazy? Should he score as often as Zach Parise? Oh wait, he already does. Should his plus/minus be better than Parise's? Wait, it already is. Maybe if he shot more or passed as much? Wait, he does that too...and at a higher percentage. About the only areas in which he and Parise don't match up are number of games played, and ice time. Factor those in and Semin has done as well or better than Zach Parise in every major category with MUCH less time on ice.

His numbers also compare very favorably to Rick Nash and Bobby Ryan as well, and most of us (myself included) would be thrilled to have those guys.

There are a lot of negative things you can say about Semin, but lazy and inconsistent shouldn't be among them.

Nice try, Semin. I can smell your laziness from here, through the internet.

Now, what have you done with kipwinger? Is he safe?