• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

Jurco's stick skills

Rate this topic

I wanna like this kid and hope he becomes a star in the NHL. I really do! But when I see him do this stuff I can't help but think that this is the type of kid who is going to finesse himself into a freight train and have his career ended in his 20s. And maybe he should be practicing something that will help him out a little more. Yeah, yeah, hand eye coordination blah blah blah

I wanna like this kid and hope he becomes a star in the NHL. I really do! But when I see him do this stuff I can't help but think that this is the type of kid who is going to finesse himself into a freight train and have his career ended in his 20s. And maybe he should be practicing something that will help him out a little more. Yeah, yeah, hand eye coordination blah blah blah

Ah, he has somewhat of an answer for ya...

Tomas Jurco wants to be known as a hockey player and not as a youtube sensation. The 6-foot-2, 193 pound right wing showcases his stick handling skills in videos that have generated thousands of views. “I don’t really do that stuff anymore,” he said. “I filmed that for one competition. It’s more about hockey now than about those moves.”

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/07/08/more-than-moves-jurco-proving-his-skills-on-the-ice/

I don't care if its the penguins or not, still don't like to see someone down like that after a hit. No matter what. Anyways, the video really doesn't display much of jurco. If we're talking about the puck bounce at the end, I really don't consider that a real video to display his "hand eye coordination" as most players that aren't professional can pull the same move with realistic ease. If you really want to see Jurco's hand eye this video displays alittle more detail that the boy has some mittens made of silk.

Guest Johnz96

http://www.theleftwi...lls-on-the-ice/

“I don’t really do that stuff anymore,” he said. “I filmed that for one competition. It’s more about hockey now than about those moves.”

I think the guys talked him into doing it 1 more time

Edited by Johnz96

I don't care if its the penguins or not, still don't like to see someone down like that after a hit. No matter what. Anyways, the video really doesn't display much of jurco. If we're talking about the puck bounce at the end, I really don't consider that a real video to display his "hand eye coordination" as most players that aren't professional can pull the same move with realistic ease. If you really want to see Jurco's hand eye this video displays alittle more detail that the boy has some mittens made of silk.

if he could do that in game he would have a bazillion points, too bad it doesn't work that way. And that sutton hit was fantastic, hits like those impact the game more than a guy showing off stuff that 12 year olds can do.

if he could do that in game he would have a bazillion points, too bad it doesn't work that way. And that sutton hit was fantastic, hits like those impact the game more than a guy showing off stuff that 12 year olds can do.

That's true, honestly I think Jurco is a little embarrassed that so far he's known as the guy doing stickhandling stuff off the ice.

It's really not a big deal though, growing up we did that stuff all the time off the ice/after practice etc doesn't really affect him one way or another, I really doubt he's going to try any of that stuff in a game anyways. He's a a great skater, decent size, great play making instincts, and goes to the net those are the attributes that are impressive, not really the stickhandling stuff.