• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Just sharing this if you haven't seen it yet. Take a look at the very end of the video for a little something special from Tomas Jurco:

http://video.redwing...bed-share-video

Edited by Matt, 13 July 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

this was cooler:
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Penguins sure are fragile little animals, aren't they?

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I wanna like this kid and hope he becomes a star in the NHL. I really do! But when I see him do this stuff I can't help but think that this is the type of kid who is going to finesse himself into a freight train and have his career ended in his 20s. And maybe he should be practicing something that will help him out a little more. Yeah, yeah, hand eye coordination blah blah blah

#5 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

I can juggle with nobody checking me.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#6 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I wanna like this kid and hope he becomes a star in the NHL. I really do! But when I see him do this stuff I can't help but think that this is the type of kid who is going to finesse himself into a freight train and have his career ended in his 20s. And maybe he should be practicing something that will help him out a little more. Yeah, yeah, hand eye coordination blah blah blah

Ah, he has somewhat of an answer for ya...

Tomas Jurco wants to be known as a hockey player and not as a youtube sensation. The 6-foot-2, 193 pound right wing showcases his stick handling skills in videos that have generated thousands of views. “I don’t really do that stuff anymore,” he said. “I filmed that for one competition. It’s more about hockey now than about those moves.”

http://www.theleftwi...lls-on-the-ice/

#7 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

this was cooler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18CBH2s7-4

I don't care if its the penguins or not, still don't like to see someone down like that after a hit. No matter what. Anyways, the video really doesn't display much of jurco. If we're talking about the puck bounce at the end, I really don't consider that a real video to display his "hand eye coordination" as most players that aren't professional can pull the same move with realistic ease. If you really want to see Jurco's hand eye this video displays alittle more detail that the boy has some mittens made of silk.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#8 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

http://www.theleftwi...lls-on-the-ice/
“I don’t really do that stuff anymore,” he said. “I filmed that for one competition. It’s more about hockey now than about those moves.”
I think the guys talked him into doing it 1 more time

Edited by Johnz96, 13 July 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#9 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Pretty sick eye hand
IPB Image

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

I can juggle with nobody checking me.

esteef

I deke guys out so hard the puke and poop their hockey pants at the same time

I have dangle-itis

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 13 July 2012 - 12:31 PM.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't care if its the penguins or not, still don't like to see someone down like that after a hit. No matter what. Anyways, the video really doesn't display much of jurco. If we're talking about the puck bounce at the end, I really don't consider that a real video to display his "hand eye coordination" as most players that aren't professional can pull the same move with realistic ease. If you really want to see Jurco's hand eye this video displays alittle more detail that the boy has some mittens made of silk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32aEQd8DcKU

if he could do that in game he would have a bazillion points, too bad it doesn't work that way. And that sutton hit was fantastic, hits like those impact the game more than a guy showing off stuff that 12 year olds can do.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

if he could do that in game he would have a bazillion points, too bad it doesn't work that way. And that sutton hit was fantastic, hits like those impact the game more than a guy showing off stuff that 12 year olds can do.

That's true, honestly I think Jurco is a little embarrassed that so far he's known as the guy doing stickhandling stuff off the ice.

It's really not a big deal though, growing up we did that stuff all the time off the ice/after practice etc doesn't really affect him one way or another, I really doubt he's going to try any of that stuff in a game anyways. He's a a great skater, decent size, great play making instincts, and goes to the net those are the attributes that are impressive, not really the stickhandling stuff.