• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MibJab

Caps re-sign Green 3 yrs $18.25 mill total

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

kenny doesnt believe in useful players in 2012! He believes the world is ending "AHHHHHH" says kenny

You are in the wrong thread. This is about Caps/Green. WTF are you talking about Kenny for?

Hmmm, could we finally have a replacement for Rafalski on our hands?

I say with all that cap space and nowhere to spend it, throw a 2-3 year $6m deal at Green. If we could land him, suddenly our D looks half-decent. And if we could get Semin as well...

We would have to trade for his rights, and the dude hasn't played a full season for a while. Not worth the risk or the price.

"By rejecting the offer Green becomes a restricted free agent."

It seems to me that if he becomes RFA we can submit an offer. If the Caps low-balled him with a 1-yr $5m deal then they probably wouldn't match a 3-year $6m/year offer. Then again, you never know with these things. It's worth a shot, no?

Edited by atodaso

Guest Johnz96

He refused $5mill, I'm not sure if he's worth half that, his stats were bloated by playing on a team that played a wide open run and gun style game,

Green would be risky for us given his style of play and being injury prone BUT id rather spend the money and get some help on the back end than sit around with a ton of cap space and Kindl hanging out back there.

I am actually not surprised that Green rejected the offer. He was a norris finialist and even if he ISN'T worth the Caps offer, he knows that there are teams in the NHL right now that need a respectable defenseman. Both Myers and Suter got 12 million....Both HIGHLY overpaid contracts.....so maybe he wants to see whats out there.

Hmmm, could we finally have a replacement for Rafalski on our hands?

I say with all that cap space and nowhere to spend it, throw a 2-3 year $6m deal at Green. If we could land him, suddenly our D looks half-decent. And if we could get Semin as well...

$2M a year for Mike Green? That would be nice. How about a 6 year $6M deal?

Guest RedWingsDad

Hmm, so this means in order to get Green the following would need to happen:

1. Green no longer wants to play for Washington and *isn't* just trying to get a longer term with them.

2. We would need to trade for his rights on the *chance* that he would sign with us.

3. He would actually sign with us.

... is that right?

Hmm, so this means in order to get Green the following would need to happen:

1. Green no longer wants to play for Washington and *isn't* just trying to get a longer term with them.

2. We would need to trade for his rights on the *chance* that he would sign with us.

3. He would actually sign with us.

... is that right?

From a couple of stories I've seen, Green wants to stay in Washington so I don't see anything happening here. Him rejecting the qualifying offer was more a necessity for negotiations to continue more than him declaring his intention to accept offers from other teams.

"By rejecting the offer Green becomes a restricted free agent."

It seems to me that if he becomes RFA we can submit an offer. If the Caps low-balled him with a 1-yr $5m deal then they probably wouldn't match a 3-year $6m/year offer. Then again, you never know with these things. It's worth a shot, no?

They probably won't match it, but they'll happily take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd we'd have to give them in compensation.