• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Mike Modano pondering comeback?

Rate this topic

Didn't see this anywhere else so thought I'd post it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=638073

Shame he didn't have the best of times with us but was really pleased when he joined. Just wish it could have gone better for him. Still think he might be able to give something to a team, especially with a few kids on it.

Thoughts?

Just to make it clear, I wasn't necessarily saying "come here" just wanted thoughts on his comeback in general. He is 42 after all. Don't think he'd fit here anymore, plus don't think he'd come back. Also makes that 1 day contract he signed to retire a Star all the more ridiculous in hindsight

It's too bad he went out while recovering from a wrist injury, that has to be a tough way to end a great career.

It's true, had a hell of a time his last hall of fame career season (maybe last). Now go help a time like Edmonton.

The only place he should go is away. I know the OP didn't mean in Detroit but he shouldn't be playing anywhere, he's 42 and he's got nothing he can offer a team at this point. It's over, great career but c'mon now. Very few players can play in their 40's and he's not one of them.

The only place he should go is away. I know the OP didn't mean in Detroit but he shouldn't be playing anywhere, he's 42 and he's got nothing he can offer a team at this point. It's over, great career but c'mon now. Very few players can play in their 40's and he's not one of them.

Absolutely. Especially after a wrist injury. Be interesting to see who does take him on if he indeed comes back.

You reckon he'd go to a Canadian team? Will he be as well received as if he went to an American team? Could go to Minny, finish it where it all started?

I believe when the ball actually started spinning again for him was when Parise and Suter announced they were going to MInny. He said something about "jokingly" about signing there as well if he could. But in that type of situation if he takes the right number and Leopold has room left after this crap gets resolved who knows maybe he has a shot to play. Minny certainly would be worse off.

Are this people making a joke out of NHL ? Average players getting 7mil/year deals for like 6-10years. 48 ear old wants to play goalie in the NHL. What is going on ?

All I have to say aside from yzerman madono was my all time favorite red wing forward if he does come back I pray the wings give him a shot before the injury he was on his way to a great year. Numbers alone he would've rivaled any player we had at the time. Stranger things have happened for the wings and I believe madono if anthing he could be a healthy scratch (although he probably won't want a position like that) and or help to bring our prospects into fruition. He's a great leader and he's still the highest scoring american born player why not give him a yar and see what he can do our forward picking right now is slim plus we could avoid trading the key players that holland doesn't want to give up so we can hit next years free agency hardcore anyone agree??

Sensationalism in the headline from NHL.com / Bleacher Report. Maybe not to such an extreme, but he very plainly states that he's likely "in Dreamland" when thinking about playing and that he hasn't actually given it any real thought let alone had any discussions about it.

I guess I was just expecting something different in the article when I read it earlier. Regardless, I'd hate to see him tarnish a great career by hanging on too long. Even his "homecoming" was less than poetic. I can, however, understand wanting to end your career on your own terms - which he wasn't allowed to do in Dallas or Detroit.

He had 3 separate interviews with teams over the weekend looking for him to come back. This all started with him joking around that he would love to go back to Minn. after Suter and Parise signed. After that his phone started ringing and offers were put in to try and grab him. His joke turned into reality. Puckdaddy has an article about it posted up if you care to read about it.

Really the wild that'd be the altimate insult to us that'd tell me thatwe really are in trouble to future players if madono wouldn't even sign with us id probably hate myself.seriously I would hate myself.

I don't think the Wings would benefit from him being here... I honestly wouldn't want him here.

We are in need of a D and another forward would can put up points... If anyone comes back before they retire, it would be Homer.

Really the wild that'd be the altimate insult to us that'd tell me thatwe really are in trouble to future players if madono wouldn't even sign with us id probably hate myself.seriously I would hate myself.

Your speaking out of irrational entitlement. We were never entitled to Suter or Parise and it's completely understandable why Modano would consider them an option now. He's American...They're both American...It's where he began his career...It's where they're originally from...They're both good and the Wild COULD contend for a cup now.....Holland doesn't want another forward anyway, especially not one that's 42. I think it would be very cool for Mike to come back for one more year in Minny....Wouldn't be an insult to us at all....

I really hope homer doesn't but like I said if we miss out on semin and doan what could one year hurt besides him being a power forward and possibly a great year what if he goes to minny or some canada team and destroys the nhl gettin a point or more a game not saying it will happen just that it could plus he could help teach those prospects. Also I'm sure he's not going to demand an outrageous priceso I'm sure holland is atleast considering the option of having him even for just the one year. He could do amazing and he'd help tie us over untill next free agency were we could use the money we used on him for someone else.

All I have to say aside from yzerman madono was my all time favorite red wing forward if he does come back I pray the wings give him a shot before the injury he was on his way to a great year. Numbers alone he would've rivaled any player we had at the time. Stranger things have happened for the wings and I believe madono if anthing he could be a healthy scratch (although he probably won't want a position like that) and or help to bring our prospects into fruition. He's a great leader and he's still the highest scoring american born player why not give him a yar and see what he can do our forward picking right now is slim plus we could avoid trading the key players that holland doesn't want to give up so we can hit next years free agency hardcore anyone agree??

Ok, this has to be about the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here. First of all it's mOdano not mAdano, if he was your 2nd favorite player you would think you could spell his name. Secondly what stats are you talking about, he had 4 goals and 11 assists in 40 regular season games and had a cool 1 assist in the playoffs, so what forward would his stats have rivaled? Not too sure how this could help this team at all considering emmerton would bring more offensive output then he would now.

I was not opposed to the signing a couple years ago but now you've got to be kidding me. As far as the Leadership goes there are plenty of players who have the same qualities he has that are on this roster now. The wings have 16 forwards signed as of now and I'm pretty sure a 42 year old forward who if you're lucky scores 8 goals on the season is not going to help this team one bit.

Other than that it was a great post😏

I really hope homer doesn't but like I said if we miss out on semin and doan what could one year hurt besides him being a power forward and possibly a great year what if he goes to minny or some canada team and destroys the nhl gettin a point or more a game not saying it will happen just that it could plus he could help teach those prospects. Also I'm sure he's not going to demand an outrageous priceso I'm sure holland is atleast considering the option of having him even for just the one year. He could do amazing and he'd help tie us over untill next free agency were we could use the money we used on him for someone else.

Ok first of all, Homer already said is he doesn't come back to Detroit then he's retiring. Second of all, a point per game or more? Really? He's never put up 60 pts in a single season even in his prime and now he's like 38 and can barely skate. Third, with around 16 forwards on the team already he'll be lucky to even be offered a contract. If he asks for one it's likely to be a basement price.

And granted we do need defense madono is and was a great defensive presence when needed

We need DEFENSEMEN not DEFENSE. Modano, like Holmstrom, is a bottom 6 forward....and we already have 9 bottom 6 forwards!!!! And too many forwards in general!!! Why would we ever sign him?????