• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Really the wild that'd be the altimate insult to us that'd tell me thatwe really are in trouble to future players if madono wouldn't even sign with us id probably hate myself.seriously I would hate myself.

Your speaking out of irrational entitlement. We were never entitled to Suter or Parise and it's completely understandable why Modano would consider them an option now. He's American...They're both American...It's where he began his career...It's where they're originally from...They're both good and the Wild COULD contend for a cup now.....Holland doesn't want another forward anyway, especially not one that's 42. I think it would be very cool for Mike to come back for one more year in Minny....Wouldn't be an insult to us at all....

#22 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

I really hope homer doesn't but like I said if we miss out on semin and doan what could one year hurt besides him being a power forward and possibly a great year what if he goes to minny or some canada team and destroys the nhl gettin a point or more a game not saying it will happen just that it could plus he could help teach those prospects. Also I'm sure he's not going to demand an outrageous priceso I'm sure holland is atleast considering the option of having him even for just the one year. He could do amazing and he'd help tie us over untill next free agency were we could use the money we used on him for someone else.

#23 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

And granted we do need defense madono is and was a great defensive presence when needed

#24 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

All I have to say aside from yzerman madono was my all time favorite red wing forward if he does come back I pray the wings give him a shot before the injury he was on his way to a great year. Numbers alone he would've rivaled any player we had at the time. Stranger things have happened for the wings and I believe madono if anthing he could be a healthy scratch (although he probably won't want a position like that) and or help to bring our prospects into fruition. He's a great leader and he's still the highest scoring american born player why not give him a yar and see what he can do our forward picking right now is slim plus we could avoid trading the key players that holland doesn't want to give up so we can hit next years free agency hardcore anyone agree??

Ok, this has to be about the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here. First of all it's mOdano not mAdano, if he was your 2nd favorite player you would think you could spell his name. Secondly what stats are you talking about, he had 4 goals and 11 assists in 40 regular season games and had a cool 1 assist in the playoffs, so what forward would his stats have rivaled? Not too sure how this could help this team at all considering emmerton would bring more offensive output then he would now.
I was not opposed to the signing a couple years ago but now you've got to be kidding me. As far as the Leadership goes there are plenty of players who have the same qualities he has that are on this roster now. The wings have 16 forwards signed as of now and I'm pretty sure a 42 year old forward who if you're lucky scores 8 goals on the season is not going to help this team one bit.

Other than that it was a great post😏

#25 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I really hope homer doesn't but like I said if we miss out on semin and doan what could one year hurt besides him being a power forward and possibly a great year what if he goes to minny or some canada team and destroys the nhl gettin a point or more a game not saying it will happen just that it could plus he could help teach those prospects. Also I'm sure he's not going to demand an outrageous priceso I'm sure holland is atleast considering the option of having him even for just the one year. He could do amazing and he'd help tie us over untill next free agency were we could use the money we used on him for someone else.

Ok first of all, Homer already said is he doesn't come back to Detroit then he's retiring. Second of all, a point per game or more? Really? He's never put up 60 pts in a single season even in his prime and now he's like 38 and can barely skate. Third, with around 16 forwards on the team already he'll be lucky to even be offered a contract. If he asks for one it's likely to be a basement price.

And granted we do need defense madono is and was a great defensive presence when needed

We need DEFENSEMEN not DEFENSE. Modano, like Holmstrom, is a bottom 6 forward....and we already have 9 bottom 6 forwards!!!! And too many forwards in general!!! Why would we ever sign him?????

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Ahhhhh, but alas, this is Holland m.o.....dano. I am not advocating a signing, but in no way would I be surprised if he did....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#27 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Just sayin it gain wings could get good use out of MODANO, better forth piss ants out there, as long as it is short terms. Wtf else we got to lose sounds to me like holland is waiting till next years free agency anyways.

#28 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Wow, there seems to be a Anti-Madono sentiment here. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if he came here on a small contract. Should he play with anybody? I don't know, if he feels hockey ready and shows someone that he can still work it, then by all means. The age thing people are referring to, really? REALLY? People who are fans of the Detroit Red Wings think he is too old? I'm shocked honestly, I mean who are we to decide what someone who is 42 can, and cannot do?

If Holland can't get anybody through free agency, I would consider it.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#29 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

The wrist injury was a message. He needs to listen to his body.
Take it easy and wait for the call from the Hall.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#30 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Heck, I don't even want Homer back. Modo already got his victory lap, its not our fault it didn't work out well.

works every time

#31 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Wow, there seems to be a Anti-Madono sentiment here. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if he came here on a small contract. Should he play with anybody? I don't know, if he feels hockey ready and shows someone that he can still work it, then by all means. The age thing people are referring to, really? REALLY? People who are fans of the Detroit Red Wings think he is too old? I'm shocked honestly, I mean who are we to decide what someone who is 42 can, and cannot do?

If Holland can't get anybody through free agency, I would consider it.

I don't think some are questioning his capacity to still be a productive player, but at the current moment, he wouldn't be an ideal fit for the team. There are plenty of other players who are currently with the organization and would be just as effective as Modano.

Mike would only log limited minutes and it would be on the 4th line. The team is in need of defense and then a forward would can play top minutes on the 1st or 2nd line.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

His contract negotiations last summer were long, painful and, in the end, expensive.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

His fans had all said he lacked heart the last few seasons, and before his injury in Detroit he wasn't showing much of anything. I imagine he'd be even less of a factor on the ice than he was now. Let a team take him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Holmstrom should be the Red Wings consultant for HBO's 24/7.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#35 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

The wrist injury was a message. He needs to listen to his body.
Take it easy and wait for the call from the Hall.

Well the only thing I would say to this is that it wasn't his bodies fault that someone ran over his wrist. That is a horrible statement.

On the other hand I know he'd be a 4th liner, but really would that matter? Just saying...

#36 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Minnesota or San Jose for obvious reasons. Who the hell else would him? He'd only be signed for pure nostalgia purposes in Minne.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#37 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well the only thing I would say to this is that it wasn't his bodies fault that someone ran over his wrist. That is a horrible statement.

On the other hand I know he'd be a 4th liner, but really would that matter? Just saying...

Yeah we already have a huge logjam at forward, lets sign a 42 year old forward who brings nothing to the team and make it worse.

We have 15 roster forwards and Nyquist, Tatar, and Andersson. If we actually had 4 forwards injured at one time I'd much rather insert one of Nyquist, Tatar, or Andersson, who all NEED NHL ice-time, than a plug like Modano. At least Homer would bring the front of the net presence and PP specialty....Modano would bring nothing....not scoring, not speed, not physicality. He's reliable defensively, that's about it.

Doubt Modano would even consider signing here anyway. With 15 roster forwards and ready prospects, he knows he would likely be a healthy scratch most of the season.

#38 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Mikey needs to give it up.

#39 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah we already have a huge logjam at forward, lets sign a 42 year old forward who brings nothing to the team and make it worse.

We have 15 roster forwards and Nyquist, Tatar, and Andersson. If we actually had 4 forwards injured at one time I'd much rather insert one of Nyquist, Tatar, or Andersson, who all NEED NHL ice-time, than a plug like Modano. At least Homer would bring the front of the net presence and PP specialty....Modano would bring nothing....not scoring, not speed, not physicality. He's reliable defensively, that's about it.

Doubt Modano would even consider signing here anyway. With 15 roster forwards and ready prospects, he knows he would likely be a healthy scratch most of the season.

I wasn't saying he should join us I was saying he is still got "it" and could even be a Red Wing if circumstances were right. I don't think he needs to be here either.

#40 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

He should stay retired.
IPB Image