• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Is anyone else out there a rabid fanatic of this show like I am? I figured we already had a Breaking Bad thread, why not start one up for the 2nd best show on television.

New season is on it's way, i'm planning on re-watching the entire series again before it starts up. You really never know who's going to get it next, which is one of the reasons why I love the show so much. I won't dish out any spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it but I was very surprised at some of the characters they killed off last season, and i'm looking forward to more of the madness as the third season is coming.

If you haven't seen it, go watch it. Even if you don't like horror films or zombies, this show is brilliantly conceived and is presented unlike any other zombie flick i've seen. It's well worth watching, regretfully only season 1 is available on netflix but the second season should be available in early to mid September.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Defiantly going to watch Season 2 again. Saw the trailer for S.3 they released @ comic con and I'm pumped and ready for it.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

The final episode on season 2 is sick. Season 2 was pretty good. I thought season 1 weakened at the end. Season 2 I thought got better. Anywho looking forward to season 3. When does it start?

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Sounds like October from what i've read but there's no official air date yet. I'd assume it would be a week or two after the Breaking Bad series finale.

I agree season 2 was better, the first season was only 6 episodes and was a lot more about character development.

Hopefully season 3 comes sooner then October.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Great show. AMC had both seasons on as a marathon a couple of weekends ago (July 7&8). I'm stoked for the new season.

The graphic novels were a decent read, but I generally like what the show has done better in a few ways that I can't derail without spoiling. The compendium I picked up seems like it covers most of what season 3 will do. I will say that there have been plenty of differences from the plot details from the graphic novels that imho worked quite well.

Andrew Lincoln does a great job as the lead, Rick Grimes, though hearing his British sounding accent during interviews reminds me of Damian Lewis (Maj. Richard Winters in Band of Brothers) as a great lead of a largely ensemble production. Sarah Wayne Callies was also great in Prison Break.

Edit: Maj. winters' name was caught in the awear filter, oops :). Also, AMC was saying October for S3

Edited by TheXym, 25 July 2012 - 02:47 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users