• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Red Wings make "helluva" offer for Nash, no response

Rate this topic

If that was the offer, I don't blame Howson. Anything short of Filppula+Miller or Abdelkader+Nyguist, Tatar or Jurco(or maybe even two of them)+ draft pick(s) should be rejected if Howson wants to keep his job. He's in a tough spot. He needs to make this trade look good if he wants to keep his job.

Its unbelievable to me that this asspick still has a job. The Jackets ARE NOT going to get a "Rich Nash" in the trade...they simply have to aquire the best set of players and move on. Nash can't go back there and play again. The fans are disgruntaled and Nash is a goat. The organization hung him out to dry when they "let it slip" that he would be open to a trade ( remember it was Howson that went to Nash and asked if he would waive his NMC...not Nash initiating) This guy has already made a huge mess of the hockey team and of this situation...the best thing to do is to get some assets in return and move on. The only reason he is in a tough spot is because he put himself there.

There are no reports anywhere that state what names were involved or even IF this indeed even happened. I will believe it when I see Ken Holland quoted by a good source.

And there's no way Holland will ever come out & confirm who was offered up. That would certainly do wonders in the locker room if he did.

Guest RedWingsDad

The thing is the "helluva an offer" is an equally weak source.

"helluva an offer"... I’ve heard it both ways, and agreed... which is why I put the upper case and bold "IF". ;) But even without some non-official source saying these things, does anyone really think Holland would have low-balled for Rick Nash knowing Howson wants the moon for him?

Guest Heaten

Well - Franzen these past few years has been rather inconsistent, and doesn't appear willing to get those "dirty" goals as he used to.

Prior to this past season - Filppula has been a 35 to 40 pts guy; he's not a 20 to 22 yr old kid who's on the upswing of his career; he's peaked at 28 yrs of age, and IMHO he'll return to the 35 to 40 pts per season.

I'm a realist.

So Filppula is going to drop 50% in point production during a contract year? If Jiri 'f*ing' Hudler can have a career year during his contract year, we sure in the f*ck know Filppula can.

How's that for reality?

Would anyone have expected Cheechoo's numbers to drop like a rock?

Would anyone have predicted Cole doing well in Montreal, or Ryder do well in Dallas?

Filppula's not some kid who's breaking into the NHL - he's a vet, and at the age of 28 he's pretty much at his peak...His previous years were 35 to 40 pts per season...So - Flip was waiting for the right moment to burst out the 60 plus pts a season?..That doesn't make any sense.

He had a great season - no doubt about it, but to expect him to hit 60 plus pts again is rather a tall order when ya consider his production of previous years.

Can say the same for that 7.5 million dollar 28 year old that's only had 1 season over 70 points.

Of course...

In his defense he's been on a pretty crappy Blue Jackets throughout his career...Saying that doesn't guarantee him hitting 50 plus goals as a Red Wing either.

Personally - I feel going after Ryan is probably the better choice, and would cost us alot less.

Agreed. I don't see how Nash would improve the Red Wings if you have to give up Franzen and Filpulla.

I just rather them focus on getting a defenseman, I'd rather use the players we'd trade for Ryan, on a defenseman.

Not sure who, but there has to be a someone available at some point before the playoffs this year.

Would anyone have expected Cheechoo's numbers to drop like a rock?

Would anyone have predicted Cole doing well in Montreal, or Ryder do well in Dallas?

Filppula's not some kid who's breaking into the NHL - he's a vet, and at the age of 28 he's pretty much at his peak...His previous years were 35 to 40 pts per season...So - Flip was waiting for the right moment to burst out the 60 plus pts a season?..That doesn't make any sense.

He had a great season - no doubt about it, but to expect him to hit 60 plus pts again is rather a tall order when ya consider his production of previous years.

:lol:

His production went up when he got on a line with Z and was no longer the 3rd line shut down guy. He excelled in more of a scoring role with 66 points as opposed to being the 3rd line centre and not getting as many quality opportunities to score and he's also on the PP.

In years past he's been on the pp, and played alongside Dats/Hank (mind you without any consistency as Babs always line juggles), and never got anywhere near what he's done this past season.

I hope Flip hits 80 plus pts this season - I really do...I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

Filpulla went from 16:43 per game in 10-11 to 18:15 in 11-12

Powerplay went up 20 seconds as well. It's pretty clear they had given him more offensive responsbilities last year than years past when he played shorthanded more than on the powerplay.

Wait, do we know the actual offer?

Of course not. We're speculators, speculating on speculation. This is "Let's Go Wallstreet", isn't it.

Anyway, I don't think we are in any position to move Filppula anyway. I think the injuries to Datsyuk and Helm last season showed us how thin we really were down the middle. And we're still a few years away from having any of our prospects make that big step.

Guest Johnz96

I for one am so glad the Wings were declined. Nash is a great player but is over a million dollars more against the cap than he is worth

The wings need a shake up for sure and not just adding Tootoo to replace someone like Emmerton or Miller. This core has become stale. I wouldnt be against this trade at all really depending on who the prospect is. If its not a top one like a Nyquist, Smith, Jarnkrok and more a long the lines of Pulkkinen/Tatar level then it isnt that bad.

The ducks do however want a second line center for Ryan, so Filppula is a solid starting piece, plus I'm sure Murray knows how well him and Selanne get along. The ducks also dont really want young defensemen because they have Fowler, Sbisa etc already playing so Smith wouldnt have to be given up. Ryans also a righty and younger. I think the wings are in place to make a move for Ryan and potentially get him if they want a forward.

I still think a Yandle/Enstrom trade is in the works however.

Overall, I think that Ryan is a better fit for what the wings have to offer, but wouldnt be pissed with Nash either because he is still a young star type of player. But with names actually getting out, the wings must be working the trade scene hard because rumours never come out for the wings

Well it looks like drafting is the way to go now, and I'm ok with that. Let other teams over pay for FA's and sell the farm in trades.

Be prepared for a bit of a decline as our top prospects continue to get NHL ready, and we stock up on draft picks.

Edited by Barrie

HockeyyInsiderr on Twitter just said the wings offered Filppula +Nyquist+ 2013 1st rounder. Say what you want about him, but he is gradually proving himself to be a reliable source.

I'd rather keep that package than have Nash.

just my opinion, but Flip just had a career year and Gus has all the makings of a star. and next years 1st rounder could be a reasonably high pick and could snag a really good player. I will be disappointed if the Wings gave up Flip and Nyquist. Would rather see Franzen, Tatar, Andersson, even Sheahan or Pulkkinen go the other way. I'd even part with Jarnkrok. We'll see i guess....

If a 1st rounder were to be included along with Franzen/Filppula/Nyquist - then I'd say no thanks - too steep.

For all we know Nash may never hit 80 pts again, and Nyquist could be a 60 plus pts a season if given the ice time, and playing alongside either Dats, or Hank.

A deal with the Ducks for Ryan is more realistic; they'd want Filppula, and a 1st round pick...That seems reasonable.

If you know the Ducks GM, then have him give Holland a call. I bet he would make that deal. I bet the Ducks are asking for more than that. Probably Flip, Franzen, and a first rounder, to which I say no to. I don't see the need to give up 100 points to get a 60 point guy.