• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#81 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

(oops, I quoted myself by accident when I was trying to edit my post, haha.)

Edited by Barrie, 18 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#82 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

HockeyyInsiderr on Twitter just said the wings offered Filppula +Nyquist+ 2013 1st rounder. Say what you want about him, but he is gradually proving himself to be a reliable source.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#83 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

HockeyyInsiderr on Twitter just said the wings offered Filppula +Nyquist+ 2013 1st rounder. Say what you want about him, but he is gradually proving himself to be a reliable source.

I'd rather keep that package than have Nash.

just my opinion, but Flip just had a career year and Gus has all the makings of a star. and next years 1st rounder could be a reasonably high pick and could snag a really good player. I will be disappointed if the Wings gave up Flip and Nyquist. Would rather see Franzen, Tatar, Andersson, even Sheahan or Pulkkinen go the other way. I'd even part with Jarnkrok. We'll see i guess....

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#84 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

why does kenny like mule so much when he floats most games? fil bust his ass every game. nyquist could have more potential than nash. he could be the next datsyuk. hope that wasnt the truth

#85 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

If a 1st rounder were to be included along with Franzen/Filppula/Nyquist - then I'd say no thanks - too steep.

For all we know Nash may never hit 80 pts again, and Nyquist could be a 60 plus pts a season if given the ice time, and playing alongside either Dats, or Hank.

A deal with the Ducks for Ryan is more realistic; they'd want Filppula, and a 1st round pick...That seems reasonable.

If you know the Ducks GM, then have him give Holland a call. I bet he would make that deal. I bet the Ducks are asking for more than that. Probably Flip, Franzen, and a first rounder, to which I say no to. I don't see the need to give up 100 points to get a 60 point guy.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#86 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'd rather keep that package than have Nash.

You crazy.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#87 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

You crazy.

Care to back it up with stats and solid analysis or pointless trolling comments?

Since you can't, here we go.

Nyquist, Flip, and a first rounder are too good to give up for Nash because of the potential. Flip has a great season. Nyquist is just now coming into his own and he was a leader in scoring in the minors. He will get 2nd line minutes probably this season, if not 3rd. Plus a first rounder in 2013, which has a great draft class coming up. I have to agree, its too steep of a price to pay for a winger.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#88 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

So it was Flip+Nyquist+1st after all.That really sounds like a "helluva" offer :)

#89 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Care to back it up with stats and solid analysis or pointless trolling comments?

Nyquist, Flip, and a first rounder are too good to give up for Nash because of the potential. Flip has a great season. Nyquist is just now coming into his own and he was a leader in scoring in the minors. He will get 2nd line minutes probably this season, if not 3rd. Plus a first rounder in 2013, which has a great draft class coming up. I have to agree, its too steep of a price to pay for a winger.

Exactly. And i'm not one of the guys buying into Howson's garbage that Nash is worth selling the farm for...really, 2 roster players, 2 prospects and a 1st rounder....REALLY HOWSON???

Just cause Howson thinks he's worth that much, doesn't make it so.

He's not even worth Flip, Gus and a 1st. IF, and that's a big IF Flip is in the package, then it's him + Tatar (max) and a 2nd, not a 1st. People need to stop discounting the guys we have that are good just cause someone's dangling a piece of candy in front of your face and you're salivating cause we lost so much this summer and no matter what Kenny does, you won't think we gained jack cause Lids retired.

So it was Flip+Nyquist+1st after all.That really sounds like a "helluva" offer :)

If that actually was the offer and as far as we've seen there's no reliable source, then Howson is in fact the biggest idiot in the NHL. No wonder the jackets suck every year. While Kenny's at it, why not offer all our picks for their 1st?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#90 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's neither statistics nor analysis, it's simply your opinion. For what it's worth, I'd rather have Ryan but whatevs.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#91 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

That's neither statistics nor analysis, it's simply your opinion. For what it's worth, I'd rather have Ryan but whatevs.

esteef

With the savings in cap hit between Nash and Ryan, you can fund Larry Murphy's hot dog eating for 3 seasons.

#92 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

esteef

Its better than "You crazy" :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#93 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

If that actually was the offer and as far as we've seen there's no reliable source, then Howson is in fact the biggest idiot in the NHL. No wonder the jackets suck every year. While Kenny's at it, why not offer all our picks for their 1st?

Actually think the offer is really good both ways.We get top 6 power forward,Howson gets what he wants,2 forwards ready to play and a pick.

#94 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Howson is nuts. If the Wings rumored offer didn't get it done, and the Sharks and Rangers offers couldn't do it, then Nash isn't leaving. The Jackets will be a forgotten, joke of a franchise forever until they figure it out.

#NOMOREKINDL

#95 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Actually think the offer is really good both ways.We get top 6 power forward,Howson gets what he wants,2 forwards ready to play and a pick.

Except we replace 2 60 point players and a first round pick for one 60 point player.

And we still have a need for defense.

Rick Nash has never lived up to his 7.8 million contract.

Don't give me Columbus.

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

Nash should make others better, and he has yet to do that. We need a defenseman much more than we need an overrated 30 goal scorer that would cost us more than we would end up with.

#96 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

why does kenny like mule so much when he floats most games? fil bust his ass every game. nyquist could have more potential than nash. he could be the next datsyuk. hope that wasnt the truth

Maybe his contract is tough to trade away?

As for the offer, first off Columbus won't trade with the Wings, and second, I'd bet Columbus would want a power forward in return. If I was Columbus, I'd rather have Nash. Nothing against Filp and Nyquist, but those two won't sell tickets, Nash or another power forward would... Also, if Filp and Nyquist got traded to Columbus, I'd feel bad for them.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#97 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Except we replace 2 60 point players and a first round pick for one 60 point player.

Yeah,except we have replacements for both Filppula and Nyquist in Jarnkrok,Tatar,Jurco...not sure about prospect with Nash's potential

#98 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

And we still have a need for defense.

Rick Nash has never lived up to his 7.8 million contract.

Don't give me Columbus.

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

Nash should make others better, and he has yet to do that. We need a defenseman much more than we need an overrated 30 goal scorer that would cost us more than we would end up with.

You really have to watch Nash play more often. With Datsyuk as his center, he would score between 50 & 60 goals, no doubt about it. Hell, even Stamkos would have trouble scoring goals in Columbus.

#99 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

You really have to watch Nash play more often. With Datsyuk as his center, he would score between 50 & 60 goals, no doubt about it. Hell, even Stamkos would have trouble scoring goals in Columbus.

Sorry, I like Nash, but he is not worth his contract. We need to use our assets for defense, I just fail to see how the Wings improve. We lose scoring depth, we lose assets, and we get a player that's never proved to score more than 80 points.

Edited by Carman, 18 July 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#100 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yeah,except we have replacements for both Filppula and Nyquist in Jarnkrok,Tatar,Jurco...not sure about prospect with Nash's potential

Nyquist is much better than Tatar, hence he's had more NHL games and outscored Tatar in less games in GR. Jarnkrok is gonna be really good, but needs to add weight and isn't quite as good as Gus. Jurco did jack in the memorial cup and has been trapped behind Huberdeau and Coyle on the Sea Dogs. As much as i like the other 3 guys, they don't have the potential that Nyquist has. Trading him is a very stupid idea.

Another thing no one mentions is that CBJ has a crap system and they miss the playoffs annually cause of it. Nash comes to Detroit and has to play defence too and his point production probably won't get much better cause as you can see in Columbus, he doesn't waste much energy playing D.