• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Good idea, don't think they are available though.

Not to us, apparently. I doubt Nash will be traded to Detroit.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Has he been mentioned in serious trade rumors other than on this site?

Like Bobby Ryan has been legitimately shopped by the Ducks, but I haven't really heard anything like that with Mule. Just speculation.

As for what will inspire Franzen to play to his potential on a more regular basis, who the hell knows.

No we just think hes our trade bait.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Not to us, apparently. I doubt Nash will be traded to Detroit.

Yeah, Nash wasn't even in the top 50 for his position last season. Fleischmann had a better season than Nash playing on a team that scores less than Columbus.

#24 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

keep seeing that mule wants to have fun..well mule if you wanted to have fun you should be in a beer league where it doesnt mean s***.. nothing will spark the mule. the only thing that might spark him is a new environment

#25 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Maybe Holland sent Johan to Cedar Point and Boyne Water Park to have more fun this summer so he will be ready for the regular season... As we all know, if Johan is relaxed, happy, and havig fun, he will be a happy mule.

On a side note, I doubt the trade talks will motivate him.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#26 archimet

archimet

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Tom Renney will probably be a bigger influence on Franzen than the trade rumors. I fully expect Franzen to put up 35-40 goals this year barring an injury and a lock-out.

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Nash wasn't even in the top 50 for his position last season. Fleischmann had a better season than Nash playing on a team that scores less than Columbus.

Did Rick Nash steal your corn dog during school lunch or something?

#28 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Franzen and "spark" do not go in the same sentence. Neither do Franzen and "motivate", for that matter.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#29 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hear that everybody, Carman thinks Fleischmann is better than Rick Nash! Yeah, that Rick Nash. Yes, first overall pick Rick Nash. Yes, olympic gold medalist Rick Nash. Yes, Rocket Richard Trophy winner Rick Nash.

Didn't you hear, the guy's totally over rated now because he hasn't continued to be in the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy year after year in spite of his initial success, and in spite of the fact that he plays on one of the worst teams in the history of hockey. As a matter of fact, if Rick Nash was sooo good, then he'd single handedly carry that bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin do. Those guys all obviously play with the same caliber of losers that Nash does.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#30 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hear that everybody, Carman thinks Fleischmann is better than Rick Nash! Yeah, that Rick Nash. Yes, first overall pick Rick Nash. Yes, olympic gold medalist Rick Nash. Yes, Rocket Richard Trophy winner Rick Nash.

Didn't you hear, the guy's totally over rated now because he hasn't continued to be in the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy year after year in spite of his initial success, and in spite of the fact that he plays on one of the worst teams in the history of hockey. As a matter of fact, if Rick Nash was sooo good, then he'd single handedly carry that bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin do. Those guys all obviously play with the same caliber of losers that Nash does.

Top 5 players will usually produce great numbers even on bad teams. If you are paid to be a top 5 player, you better have a peak higher than 79 points. If Olli Jokinen can score 88 and 91 points back to back on an Offensively less talented Panther team a few years ago, then if Rick Nash really is what he is billed, you are damn sure he should be putting up better numbers than he is. I'm not saying Fleischmann is better, but just using him as an example considering Florida had worse offensive talent than Columbus did last season.

#31 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Remember the days of Mule the Workhorse of the 08 and 09 playoffs? Change is a biiiiitch.

#32 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Remember the days of Mule the Workhorse of the 08 and 09 playoffs? Change is a biiiiitch.

Wait. Franzen was the one who used to be known as "The Mule"?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#33 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

If trade talks heated up? Yes, I think it could spark Franzen. He is a competitor. I have a friend who used to play with Franzen back when he was a junior. He said Franzen was a really lazy guy who didn't really like to practice or work out much at all, but if anybody beat him at something, for example running the mile, then he would go crazy and just run that mile again and again until he had you beaten. For those watching the World Championships, Franzen was very much his old self again, creating traffic and crashing the net. I guess Babcock must find out what makes Franzen tick.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#34 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Crosby maybe, that's all I got. Columbus might as well be an AHL team.

Id say Geno as well...F*ck Pittsburgh.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Top 5 players will usually produce great numbers even on bad teams. If you are paid to be a top 5 player, you better have a peak higher than 79 points. If Olli Jokinen can score 88 and 91 points back to back on an Offensively less talented Panther team a few years ago, then if Rick Nash really is what he is billed, you are damn sure he should be putting up better numbers than he is. I'm not saying Fleischmann is better, but just using him as an example considering Florida had worse offensive talent than Columbus did last season.

Florida didn't have worse talent. They actually have a decent team and showed it last year.

Also, when is the last time Datsyuk and Zetterberg scored 90 points like Jokinen did, according to your argument? Would you consider them top 5 at their position? You can't just look at points.

Nash realizes he's going nowhere in Columbus, and it affected his game last year. While he's still near his prime, he needs to go elsewhere and rejuvenate his career.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 19 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#36 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Florida didn't have worse talent. They actually have a decent team and showed it last year.

Then why did they score less than Columbus did?

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Then why did they score less than Columbus did?

Because they actually concentrated on other facets of their game. They did win the division, albeit a much weaker division.

This Fleischmann argument is stupid. There's much worse players in the league who scored more than Ovechkin did last year too. Doesn't mean they're better.

#38 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Because they actually concentrated on other facets of their game. They did win the division, albeit a much weaker division.

This Fleischmann argument is stupid. There's much worse players in the league who scored more than Ovechkin did last year too. Doesn't mean they're better.

But Ovechkin actually proved he can hit more than 80 points on a crap team.

Florida was a better overall team, but they were not good offensively. Columbus was a worse overall team, but similar offensively.

How do you explain this?

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

#39 ThePerfectHuman05

ThePerfectHuman05

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

I don't think anyone except for Fippula or Hudler stood up to or surpassed expectations last year. Z, Pav and Franzen need to step it up. It looks like our D might be suspect this year so we're going to need to put some pucks in the net.

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

But Ovechkin actually proved he can hit more than 80 points on a crap team.

Florida was a better overall team, but they were not good offensively. Columbus was a worse overall team, but similar offensively.

How do you explain this?

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

Very misleading stats. Look at Vermette's numbers in the surrounding seasons from that 2010 season, and you'll see why he's not in Nash's league. Same with Huselius. You can't just pick one season (from 3 years ago) and use that as proof that those players are as good as Nash.

I'd explain it the same way I'd explain Filppula having similar numbers as Zetterberg last year. Doesn't mean he's a better player.