• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Red Wings re-sign Quincey: 2-years, $7.55m total, $3.775/yr

Rate this topic

Lashoff? I only watched a little of him, but wasn't terrible, pretty reliable defensively.

gotta figure that the Wings want Lashoff to get top mins in GR and get another NHL/AHL tweener like Janik or Exelby to fill the 7th dman role. develop the young guys and add in a guy that doesn't mind a reduced role.

Good stuff. Holland re-signs an RFA and people mock it as his 'big splash'. If he let Q go the same people would lament the wasted draft pick we traded for him.

That's my sincere hope. But with it public that Kenny was pursuing Nash, he's probably pursuing Ryan too, as well as waiting on Doan, it seems that forwards are more of Holland's priority at the moment.

Indeed. Holland wants the entire NHL to know loud and clear that he's happy with his defense going into this season and won't overpay for that trade he's been searching for. That being said-- we all know he's kicking the tires on every possible 1st pairing d-man out there. Holland isn't a moron-- I'm sure he's well aware the defense needs a big gun right now and he'll get one if it makes sense for the long-term success of this team.

The Wings aren't one above average d-man and forward away from being Cup favourites. If we can't get some improvement from within this team is going to be painfully average.

Holland needs to either embrace the suck and get a respectable draft position or make a savvy trade.

That's my sincere hope. But with it public that Kenny was pursuing Nash, he's probably pursuing Ryan too, as well as waiting on Doan, it seems that forwards are more of Holland's priority at the moment.

Well with Q signed, and Howson apparently not even answering Kenny's call's, I would say if he makes the Ryan trade, signs Doan and Kubina, then the Wings will be doing very well for themselves come the trade deadline and playoffs...

Solid signing. One more D is probably needed though still. Wouldnt mind Vandermeer I guess. He's cheap, plays decent defensively and is tough. WIth whats left on the free agent market youre not gonna get much worth while, might as well keep adding toughness to the lineup

They backed themselves into a corner on this one. This is the type of move nobody cares about when you're 16 million under the Cap, but if he were the last guy signed on a team just under the Cap, everybody hates the contract. But they obviously were going to resign him after moving a 1st on an RFA rental, plus they just don't have anybody else.

Look, I'm giving Quincey a chance, but literally, I've never heard anyone come up with a justification for his game that doesn't assume he learned something from being in the "Detroit system" when he came up. Except he wasn't that great the first time around. He's not an exceptionally good puck mover and he's big but doesn't hit. He's not a PP quarterback, and he certainly wasn't considered as defensively responsible as guys like Kronwall and Stuart, yet he basically has the cap hit of Franzen for 2 years. So...what IS he, exactly?

The brutal truth is that if this guy had started his career anywhere else and put up those numbers, Wings fans would think this was a terrible signing.

Edited by StormJH1

Ehh I feel about the same today as I did when the Red Wings got Quincey back. I don't hate it, but I'm certainly not in love with the move either. The cap hit isn't all that bad at least, which is one positive to the situation. With the lack of bodies/proven talent on defense it was almost a foregone conclusion the Red Wings needed to re-sign Quincey for the upcoming season.

Maybe a full year in Detroit will elevate Quincey's play. I didn't see anything since the trade happened to feel confident about that though. Stuart had some flaws, but he was also extremely reliable and chewed up the most minutes on the PK. Quincey has more offensive upside than Stuart, however, I don't think Quincey will be anywhere near as solid in his own end or on the penalty kill. He also really needs to cut down on the stupid penalties.

Blah...a little more than I would have liked, but whatever...if he becomes one of our top 4, I guess the $250,000 overpayment will be alright...At least we have 6 D now, wonder who the 7th will be, or are we to expect a REAL top 4 defender and have Kindl be #7...

Dan Girardi.

Good stuff. Holland re-signs an RFA and people mock it as his 'big splash'. If he let Q go the same people would lament the wasted draft pick we traded for him.

Oh, spare me. In the other Quincey thread I freely admitted we need him.