• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Man Stuart was soo bad for 2 years why do people have such a boner for him... Quincey will be a better defenseman this year and people will still think about Stuart as the better option.. Quincey is gonna get hated on here no matter how he plays it seems

Why does one have to be better or worse than the other in everyone's minds? If you asked me who was the better shut down defenseman, it would clearly be Stuart. He was utterly reliable in all of our playoff appearances. His defensive play was solid, and for as many times as people say he was bad no one has provided consistent analysis or video of his failures. Biggest question here would be... Lilja or Stuart - both had similiar roles.

Quincey has much more offensive upside and a little snarl in his game which has been sorely missed. He did not play out of this world when we re-obtained (is that even a word?) him, but no one on the team did. He seems like a serviceable enough #3 or 4 Defensman - and it looks like thats where Babs will have him slotted: right behind Kronwall and White.
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#62 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Not too shabby at all. Honestly though Holland has an ace in his sleeve, I can feel it...or maybe it's just the thai...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#63 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

We were apparently one of 4 "big players" in a trade scenario for Weber. That was until Paul went full Holmgren and killed that possibility.

Holland is doing what he can. We were so close on Suter too. Quincey may not be "the guy", but without him our D would look even more hollow. Quincey also has some potential to be quite solid. Remember this is the guy that EVERYONE was calling Holland's worst move as a GM, letting him go.

Reasonable contract, only 2 years. Good.

I really hope he bounces back and has a really solid season. Paired with Ericsson could be good as big E is getting a lot better defensively and could be a nice big man pairing that could be hard to play against and both guys have pretty hard clappers.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#64 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Overpaid imo.

#65 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Overpaid imo.

It's decent enough, I suppose.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#66 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Man Stuart was soo bad for 2 years why do people have such a boner for him... Quincey will be a better defenseman this year and people will still think about Stuart as the better option.. Quincey is gonna get hated on here no matter how he plays it seems

agreed, I thought Stuart was terrible all last season and am glad to see him go. (I do appreciate that he was a huge impact in our cup run and the following year)
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#67 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Now we just have to land Girardi.

Kronwall - Girardi
Quincey - White
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl