• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Sheahan/Andersson

Rate this topic

Jimmy Nill really had us going didn't he? He was the one who threw out that Dallas Drake comparison.

Oh boy, a guy that plays like Dallas Drake on a line with another guy (Tootoo) who's been compared to Dallas Drake. If only we could get a third guy to play with them, who is comparable to Dallas Drake, then we'd be a lock for the conference finals at least huh? God I love Dallas Drake, we were never the same before or after him.

Edited by kipwinger

Oh boy, a guy that plays like Dallas Drake on a line with another guy (Tootoo) who's been compared to Dallas Drake. If only we could get a third guy to play with them, who is comparable to Dallas Drake, then we'd be a lock for the conference finals at least huh? God I love Dallas Drake, we were never the same before or after him.

Well you know, the only reason the Wings won the Cup in 2008 was because of the inspiration of winning it for him. If not for that, the rest of the team didn't give two s***s about winning it right? If only the Wings could roll four lines of Dallas Drake types next season...

On the topic at hand though, I do like the looks of Sheahan. Even though he didn't show much offensive spark at ND, which really is a defense first program under Jeff Jackson, I think he's got enough offensive talent to add to his defensive & cycle game to become a very solid 3rd line center. With Helm holding that spot & the Wings tendency to start younger players off with little responsibility, I think it's pretty clear he'll start out his career with the Wings, when it starts, centering the 4th. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot over Abby, let alone Emmerton, sooner rather than later. For those saying we have more talented players we can put on the wing on the 4th line over Abby, I think the same will be said in the next year or two with the 4th line center position as well.

Brunner-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Sammy

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Tootoo

No space for Sheahan/Andersson unless we trade somebody - and it gets even worse if we sign Semin/Doan (which probably won't happen at this point).

And just to add, I think Brunner and Nyquist need to be used in the top 6 (Babcock basically guaranteed that Brunner will start in the top 6 anyways) in order for them to realize their full potential. If we're talking best-case scenarios, I think that Brunner could hit ~55 pts playing on that top line with Datsyuk, and Nyquist should hit at least 40-60. That's pretty decent, and an improvement over last year(if it works out).

Brunner is faster than Bertuzzi, has a better shot, and has better hands. He's just way more suited for the top six than Bert is. In terms of the most optimistic outlook on next season, I think we could see something like this up front (point totals)

Nyquist (55) - Datsyuk (80) - Brunner (60)

Filppula (72) - Zetterberg (75) - Franzen (57)

Cleary (35) - Helm (32) - Samuelsson (36)

Tootoo (32) - Abdelkader (21) - Bertuzzi (30)

That's pretty good - definitely better than last year in my eyes. A more gritty, speedy, and overall more skilled roster than last year.

I like it but only if they are continuously switchin franzen for miller when franzen becomes frozen u kno I f-en hate how lazy he seemed last year and then doesn't expect to be traded and from wat I seen last year miller had heart that's hard to find nowadays I just hope he gives the same effort this year as he did last year. Plus I'm also pipe dreaming if all hell breaks lose an some how we ever lose howard. We'd be able to get millers brother.(who's a rediculously good goalie) not saying howard isn't one totally hypethetical and a true nightmare the fact of us losing howard.anyways way off track I think miller is good for the wings give him more time and maybe he'd be another helm. If I remember correctly he's as fast as helm isn't he? God I'm to tired to much hartbreak in this off season. But can u imagine two helms one day on the same line. Epic.

Add a sniper and game over for all teams or even work on their shooting skills and maybe have dat's rub off some of those stick skills and the wings will be unstoppable. But I'm just dreaming with my eyes wide open. As it stands the wings don't look half bad. Not the greatest but crazier s*** has happened right. And I still believe the wings are in the best position chemistry wise to atleast hit the finals this year

I think miller and abby were great last year just I don't want to say f*** I lost track of wat I was gunna say but anyways.abby was great when we needed to be and miller was like helm when he was out with the injury I swear I remember him having a lot of breakaways and him disrupting the opposing teams offense a lot but I might be wrong. But getting rid of either of those two would be out of the question. Emmerton I'm fine with losing if need be and murzak don't want to lose the later but I have a feeling eaves is gunna have a good year this year so I'm deff sayin if we have to dump or trade keep abby and miller at all cost trade and or dump either and or all franzen, emmerton, murzak, and only if we are getting a great d man or an amazing scorer eaves. But I think abby and millers wings are just gettin traction u kno.