• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: 14y/$110m ($56m 1st 4yrs)

Rate this topic

Weber agrees to offer sheet per Dreger's twitter https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger.

yayy kenny holland

was waiting for someone to post it no one did, till i posted. merge

God, I hope they match this and keep bidding it up. I want to see each team cripple themselves for a long long time. Also, Holmgren isn't making any friends with this move is he?

God, I hope they match this and keep bidding it up. I want to see each team cripple themselves for a long long time. Also, Holmgren isn't making any friends with this move is he?

f*** friends! kenny isnt making his team better with this off season is he?

f*** friends! kenny isnt making his team better with this off season is he?

There's a lot of ways to make your team better without sending offer sheets to RFA's. I'm not impressed with Kenny's offseason, but I don't blame him for this.

There's a lot of ways to make your team better without sending offer sheets to RFA's. I'm not impressed with Kenny's offseason, but I don't blame him for this.

I agree, Weber is dumb for not agreeing to a one year deal unless he wants to be stuck in Nashville for life. Detroit should have just offered him ten Million for one year, why not?

what I was really hoping would happen was another team signed him to a silly one year deal and he wouldnt resign, and then would sign with the wings. f*** giving away picks....

our picks will be high in the draft very soon, unless a new development occurs.

Edited by wings1110

I agree, Weber is dumb for not agreeing to a one year deal unless he wants to be stuck in Nashville for life. Detroit should have just offered him ten Million for one year, why not?

or more. f*** it.

Because if somebody did that to us with any of our good young talent we'd want their heads?

Guest Crymson

The Predators would assuredly have matched that offer, and that would have been that. This assumes that Weber would have signed it at all, of course, and I find that unlikely given that the next CBA will almost certainly put up limits on contract length.

Preds will match this.......idk how this works but if they match doesn't he automatically become a pred for 14 years then!?!?!? or can more offer sheets be submitted even after they match?

Yes, if the Preds match, it becomes a contract with them. If not, it's a contract with Philly. Either way, it means Weber will likely never be a UFA, assuming the contract is approved by the league.

Yes, if the Preds match, it becomes a contract with them. If not, it's a contract with Philly. Either way, it means Weber will likely never be a UFA, assuming the contract is approved by the league.

Can't believe that Weber signed this. He really must only care about the pay day because locking yourself into a contract like this is a life sentence unless the team you sign with is really savvy. Neither the Preds nor the Flyers are really savvy.

And given the fact that it's now out there that the Preds & Flyers were working on a trade already, I have serious doubts that they'll match. But who knows, maybe Poile gets pissed off that Holmgren basically did an end-around on him with the offer sheet & matches simply out of spite.