• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: 14y/$110m ($56m 1st 4yrs)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I would rarther ship Emmerton and Kindl for Anton Volchenkov.

Is that a joke?

The insult to injury part of this is that in spite of loss draft picks (look at the last 4 season 1st rounders the Wings have, compare them to Weber), is that his cap hit is lower than Suter's.

The insult to injury part of this is that in spite of loss draft picks (look at the last 4 season 1st rounders the Wings have, compare them to Weber), is that his cap hit is lower than Suter's.

I wouldn't say his cap hit would be lower than Suter's yet. The reports are "upwards of $100m". We don't know how much more "upwards" of that mark it is yet.

Nashville has to match this, no? Interesting point on Twitter that I just read that if they were willing to offer Suter a huge deal, then surely you would think it applies for Weber too. Obviously the compensation is a little different than losing Suter for nothing, but highly unlikely any of those picks turn into a Shea Weber.

Very surprising the Flyers went the offer sheet route and Weber signed it. I thought he would just take another one-year deal in Nashville and hit UFA next summer.

I wouldn't say his cap hit would be lower than Suter's yet. The reports are "upwards of $100m". We don't know how much more "upwards" of that mark it is yet.

Unless its more than Suter is making its still an insult to us fans, if Suter is worth close to 7.6 million than Weber is worth ball park of 8.

Nashville has to match this, no? Interesting point on Twitter that I just read that if they were willing to offer Suter a huge deal, then surely you would think it applies for Weber too. Obviously the compensation is a little different than losing Suter for nothing, but highly unlikely any of those picks turn into a Shea Weber.

Very surprising the Flyers went the offer sheet route and Weber signed it. I thought he would just take another one-year deal in Nashville and hit UFA next summer.

With news leaking out that the Preds were talking to a number of teams about trading Weber, that leads me to believe that he told Poile that he wasn't interested in signing in Nashville long term after they met post-Suter signing. If they match, I wouldn't be surprised that they work out a sign & trade w/ the Flyers yet. From Dreger:

Nashville was working on a trade and its believed several deadlines passed before Flyers grew tired of waiting. Weber signed offer sheet.

I'm told a number of teams were in on a possible Shea Weber trade. If Preds don't match, they receive 4- 1st round picks as compensation.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/225817338795155456

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/225817644572487680

Guest DeGraa55

This is why this CBA sucks. Weber will never have the chance to be a FA he's stuck with Philly or Nash for the rest of his career rather he wanted it or not...

He's trying to avoid the wings having a go at him next year! aggressiveness in the front office is just the one thing we lack and philly has all of....Holmgren loves big splashes that SOB

:lol:

And Dreger may have overestimated the picks. How does it work again? He's revising his totals saying it may be a couple firsts and a couple 2nds.

All depends on how much he signs for. If over $8.41m, it would be 4 1st rounders. Figure it will be in the next tier down which would be 2 1st rounders, a 2nd, & a 3rd.

He's trying to avoid the wings having a go at him next year! aggressiveness in the front office is just the one thing we lack and philly has all of....Holmgren loves big splashes that SOB

And how's that been working out for the Flyers? I would say it hasn't been responsible for winning a Cup, but his moves did manage to win one in LA.

All depends on how much he signs for. If over $8.41m, it would be 4 1st rounders. Figure it will be in the next tier down which would be 2 1st rounders, a 2nd, & a 3rd.

And how's that been working out for the Flyers? I would say it hasn't been responsible for winning a Cup, but his moves did manage to win one in LA.

hence why i love KH and still believe! even through this and the mandatory whining LGW demands lol

Edited by number9

Well enjoy life in either Philly or Nashville for the next 14 years. Cya later Weber!

I think he'll somehow end up in Philly no matter what. Even if Nashville matches I think a trade is in the works. Being a hockey player in Philly is not a bad thing. They have a good young team and its a nice, fun city. As a New Yorker I have a strong dislike for them but being objective its a good situation for him.

I think its time to face facts that we are not a team that people will just want to play for "just because". The Wings could stand to be more aggressive in pursuing high end talent. The fact that we'll be paying Quincy close to 4 mil a year and gave up a 1st for him makes me want to vomit.

Risky move for Weber if he truly doesn't want to be in Nashville long-term. However, with a new CBA looming, maybe he also viewed this as his best opportunity to get a massive contract. I'm sure it is front-loaded with a signing bonus just like Parise and Suter's deals were.

Edited by GoWings1905

I just do not understand why Holland would not even try to acquire Weber. With Lidstrom and Stuart gone and all of the cap space we have it just doesn't make any sense. Now we have absolutely no chance of ever seeing Weber wear the winged wheel. I really hope Smith is going to be able to be the man because nobody is trading us a top d-man without getting a king's ransom in return. Still have faith in Holland but this sh*t is starting to get old.