• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: 14y/$110m ($56m 1st 4yrs)

Rate this topic

The upside of Weber going to Philly: It will be even more difficult for them to acquire Bobby Ryan. But then again, we're talking about Paul Holmgren. He can do anything.

No doubt he can. And plus Weber VS CROSBY!! hehe

If Weber does go to the Flyers, does this mean we'll see him smash Crosby's face into the boards?

I can hear it now...

Breaking News - Pittsburgh Penguins C Sidney Crosby sidelined 4 - 6 months due to a bruised labia caused by hit from Philadelphia D Shea Weber. Suspension imminent.

Gimme a break. Bertuzzi made sure he'd never think about doing it again.

Bertuzzi didn't even land a punch.

I'm saying Weber wouldn't have done it in the first place if he knew somebody like MacIntyre or Engelland would be after him at some point in the future. Who would?

http://www.forbes.com/teams/nashville-predators/

Here is the profile of the Nashville Preds and their long history of losing money, not to mention who bailed you guys out.

So ya...money is an issue with your franchise. As you like to say...facts are facts...and there they are in black and white my friend.

Sorry my friend, but none of those links aid in your argument or do anything to counter the points I made. Maybe you can make your point without links? Or maybe you can't... I don't know.

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?

And make yourself clear. You say Nashville doesn't have the cash, then you say it would be foolish to give weber the cash. Which is it? Here, I'll make it easy for you. Nashville does have the cash. And what you perceive to be foolish is just that...your perception. Not matching this offer and letting their franchise player walk is incredibly foolish! His worth to the franchise is more than just money. If he walks, then Nashville has no chance of attracting any top level players. The fanbase would be outraged. And then you can start to use the term "rebuilding". No question it would decimate this franchise. Now ask the question again, would it be more foolish to pay him or let him walk?

Im not trying to be a jerk here. I understand what you are trying to say and if this was 2007, then I'd say that you are right in your assumptions. Don't be misguided by what you think the predators franchise can or cannot do based on their past. I do enjoy the back and forth. Like i said before, this is a fun board and I enjoy the discussion.

Buy you saying "Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?" you are saying that EVERY thing online is BS, well things that aren't slanted your way are. But anyways this is why Preds fans are the laughing stock of message boards and the NHL.

Fact #1 The Forbed site is based off 2011 data (Team Value1$163 M Team Value calculated November 2011) not 2007. http://www.forbes.com/teams/nashville-predators/ Is this URL BS too?

Fact#2 Nashville is $13.3M from the CAP FLOOR.

Fact#3 Weber Offer Sheet: CIRCUMVENTION? (I suppose this is BS too?) http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2012/07/weber-offer-sheet-cba-circumvention/

Facts#4 Shea Weber CBA offer sheet compensation CHEAT SHEET (This is BS too?) http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2012/07/shea-weber-cba-offer-sheet-compensation-cheat-sheet/

I have done noting but backed up my statements with facts. You keep telling all of us the owenership has the money, and if that is the case, then prove it. Don't just give me lip service, prove that ownership has it and not by "hear say" either.

I've proved my points...now the burden of proof is on YOU sir to prove that ownership has the money that you keep telling us.

I know it's not a courtroom, I'm just saying, if links aren't worth anything then fine, then links are useless on a message board. If this Preds fan says that his GM has the money then back that statement up, don't just give lip service. If he wants to discredit links then that's fine, he better be able to prove what he's telling all of us in one form or another.

Next time we meet Nashville or Philly, wherever Weber ends up, old teammates meet ... Tootoo takes him on to earn his stripes for the Wings? :clap:

They respect each other too much to drop the gloves but I'd pay top dollar to see that. Weber would come out on top but Tootoo would make sure he knew he was in a fight.

Tootoo will earn his stripes there in Detroit. No question.

I know it's not a courtroom, I'm just saying, if links aren't worth anything then fine, then links are useless on a message board. If this Preds fan says that his GM has the money then back that statement up, don't just give lip service. If he wants to discredit links then that's fine, he better be able to prove what he's telling all of us in one form or another.

For *ish and giggles, what "proof" would ya like me to provide. Each of the owners bank account records? Tax receipts? Returns? How about secret recordings from the hidden mic's I planted in their offices? I'll get right on that...just for you big guy.

Or you can respect my take on the situation. You don't have to believe it, makes no difference to me. But I've been on top of this from the jump, you can read what I posted last week before he signed the offer. I said that , due to the expiring CBA, weber would gaurentee himself a monster payday very soon. And he did. I also said that Philly would be a player in this. And now Im saying that the preds will match and keep him in Nashville. The point of the board is to offer intelligent insight and opinions, which is all I'm doing. I don't need links to back up anything I've said. If you don't agree with my side of this, that's fine, I honestly don't care. But if you feel the need to prove your point with links, thats your prerogative. I just ask you show me something that I, or any other person that follows hockey for that matter, hasnt seen before. Wow me with something.

For *ish and giggles, what "proof" would ya like me to provide. Each of the owners bank account records? Tax receipts? Returns? How about secret recordings from the hidden mic's I planted in their offices? I'll get right on that...just for you big guy.

Or you can respect my take on the situation. You don't have to believe it, makes no difference to me. But I've been on top of this from the jump, you can read what I posted last week before he signed the offer. I said that , due to the expiring CBA, weber would gaurentee himself a monster payday very soon. And he did. I also said that Philly would be a player in this. And now Im saying that the preds will match and keep him in Nashville. The point of the board is to offer intelligent insight and opinions, which is all I'm doing. I don't need links to back up anything I've said. If you don't agree with my side of this, that's fine, I honestly don't care. But if you feel the need to prove your point with links, thats your prerogative. I just ask you show me something that I, or any other person that follows hockey for that matter, hasnt seen before. Wow me with something.

I have shown you a few great links that you haven't seen, yet you and your pompous attitude don't like it. I'm not calling into question what you just said in the above statement...what I am calling into question is Nashvilles ability to match an offer sheet. We all know the 2005 CBA expires on Sep15th and we all know this is a great chance for a UFA or RFA to cash in on. It comes down to money for a small market team that has been losing money for years and a small market team that has trouble keeping good quality players. Nashville will never be like us original 6 teams that are the back bone of the NHL.

I don't think Holmgren is all that smart vs my GM Peter Chiarelli. Last summer Holgren shipped Flyers captain Mike Richards and Jeff Carter away from Philadelphia...inked a huge contract for a unproven Bryzgalov... Holmgren shipped James van Riemsdyk to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Where as my GM, along with the Wings GM and your GM, we bring our players up through the franchises system and cultivate them. As for Holmgren he's going to fire up his fan base with a huge splash and sign high end talent with will lead to a turn over rate season after season after season.

Just fond this...Wilson is a well-known Canadian businessman and philanthropist based in Calgary, AB. He is currently Chairman of Canoe Financial, an investment management firm with over $2.0 Billion in assets. Nashville might have the money to keep Weber. I wonder why nobody is talking about this??!! This is HUGE!!!

https://twitter.com/wbrettwilson/status/136866348058947584

Honestly, If I was Poile and had the finances availabe. I would match it then trade him for better assets than 4 very late first round picks.

If Nashville matches, they can't trade him for one year, per the CBA.