Photo
- - - - -

Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: 14y/$110m ($56m 1st 4yrs)

shea weber nashville predators philadelphia flyers offer sheet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
475 replies to this topic

#401 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Of course I heard what his agent said. He just signed an offer sheet with Philly so what did you expect him to say? You seem to disregard his comments later on when he said that Shea would be more than professional in honoring the deal should Nashville match. In the end, I could care less what his agent says, its all posturing. I've yet to hear weber himself say he wants out of Nashville, and i don't expect I ever will.

You keep saying Nashville can't match the offer, when you don't know a thing about the ownership group in place. I could care less about what capgeek says. As far as jimmy blackberry goes, he's tried to buy how many teams in the last decade? Not just Nashville. Besides, it's completely irrelevant because It was not the same ownership in place that is there now.

And as far as radulov, boullion, Kostytsin, and Tootoo go, the preds elected to let every one of those guys walk. We didn't lose them, we told them to find work elsewhere. Those are facts!

As for poile not immediately matching the offer, he is a very diligent man. He is the last person you will ever see make a rash decision. Especially a 110 million dollar decision. Easy for you to say he should have matched it yesterday when it's not your 110 million your spending.

Now those are facts

Here...go educate yourself and get up to speed with the rest of NHL. Read these links...as you said facts are facts. Nashville doesn't have the CASH. The Preds are further from the NHL cap floor than any other team...$13.3M The Preds are worth $163M...they would be foolish to cough up 16% of the teams worth as stated below.

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers
Spending $26M in one calendar yr, NSH would be forking over 16% of entire franchise net worth ($163M in '11 accd to Forbes) to match offer.

http://www.mcsorleys...on-cheat-sheet/
http://www.mcsorleys...-circumvention/

#402 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Of course I heard what his agent said. He just signed an offer sheet with Philly so what did you expect him to say? You seem to disregard his comments later on when he said that Shea would be more than professional in honoring the deal should Nashville match. In the end, I could care less what his agent says, its all posturing. I've yet to hear weber himself say he wants out of Nashville, and i don't expect I ever will.

You keep saying Nashville can't match the offer, when you don't know a thing about the ownership group in place. I could care less about what capgeek says. As far as jimmy blackberry goes, he's tried to buy how many teams in the last decade? Not just Nashville. Besides, it's completely irrelevant because It was not the same ownership in place that is there now.

And as far as radulov, boullion, Kostytsin, and Tootoo go, the preds elected to let every one of those guys walk. We didn't lose them, we told them to find work elsewhere. Those are facts!

As for poile not immediately matching the offer, he is a very diligent man. He is the last person you will ever see make a rash decision. Especially a 110 million dollar decision. Easy for you to say he should have matched it yesterday when it's not your 110 million your spending.

Now those are facts

http://www.forbes.co...ille-predators/
Here is the profile of the Nashville Preds and their long history of losing money, not to mention who bailed you guys out.

Here is the profile of the Nashville Preds and their long history of losing money, not to mention who bailed you guys out.

So ya...money is an issue with your franchise. As you like to say...facts are facts...and there they are in black and white my friend.

#403 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter

#404 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Here...go educate yourself and get up to speed with the rest of NHL. Read these links...as you said facts are facts. Nashville doesn't have the CASH. The Preds are further from the NHL cap floor than any other team...$13.3M The Preds are worth $163M...they would be foolish to cough up 16% of the teams worth as stated below.

Frank Seravalli‏@DNFlyers
Spending $26M in one calendar yr, NSH would be forking over 16% of entire franchise net worth ($163M in '11 accd to Forbes) to match offer.

http://www.mcsorleys...on-cheat-sheet/
http://www.mcsorleys...-circumvention/

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?

And make yourself clear. You say Nashville doesn't have the cash, then you say it would be foolish to give weber the cash. Which is it? Here, I'll make it easy for you. Nashville does have the cash. And what you perceive to be foolish is just that...your perception. Not matching this offer and letting their franchise player walk is incredibly foolish! His worth to the franchise is more than just money. If he walks, then Nashville has no chance of attracting any top level players. The fanbase would be outraged. And then you can start to use the term "rebuilding". No question it would decimate this franchise. Now ask the question again, would it be more foolish to pay him or let him walk?

Im not trying to be a jerk here. I understand what you are trying to say and if this was 2007, then I'd say that you are right in your assumptions. Don't be misguided by what you think the predators franchise can or cannot do based on their past. I do enjoy the back and forth. Like i said before, this is a fun board and I enjoy the discussion.

#405 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

i think he is saying the new owner/s has the money to spend on the team.

everybody is pretty harsh on this guy geez.

Posted Image

#406 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

I guess we'll see if they do come next Wednesday...

#407 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

The upside of Weber going to Philly: It will be even more difficult for them to acquire Bobby Ryan. But then again, we're talking about Paul Holmgren. He can do anything.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#408 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

The upside of Weber going to Philly: It will be even more difficult for them to acquire Bobby Ryan. But then again, we're talking about Paul Holmgren. He can do anything.

No doubt he can. And plus Weber VS CROSBY!! hehe

Posted Image

#409 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

If Weber does go to the Flyers, does this mean we'll see him smash Crosby's face into the boards?

#410 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

If Weber does go to the Flyers, does this mean we'll see him smash Crosby's face into the boards?

He'll never be allowed in the NHL again.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#411 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

I can hear it now...

Breaking News - Pittsburgh Penguins C Sidney Crosby sidelined 4 - 6 months due to a bruised labia caused by hit from Philadelphia D Shea Weber. Suspension imminent.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#412 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can hear it now...

Breaking News - Pittsburgh Penguins C Sidney Crosby sidelined 4 - 6 months due to a bruised labia caused by hit from Philadelphia D Shea Weber. Suspension imminent.

LOL! How about we smash Matt Cookes face into the boards.

#413 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

:hysterical: it only seems fair don't ya think?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#414 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

No.

The Pens actually have enforcers who could kick Weber's ass. Unlike some other teams. I doubt he'd try it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#415 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

No.

The Pens actually have enforcers who could kick Weber's ass. Unlike some other teams. I doubt he'd try it.

Gimme a break. Bertuzzi made sure he'd never think about doing it again.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#416 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Gimme a break. Bertuzzi made sure he'd never think about doing it again.

Bertuzzi didn't even land a punch.

I'm saying Weber wouldn't have done it in the first place if he knew somebody like MacIntyre or Engelland would be after him at some point in the future. Who would?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#417 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

So ya...money is an issue with your franchise. As you like to say...facts are facts...and there they are in black and white my friend.

Sorry my friend, but none of those links aid in your argument or do anything to counter the points I made. Maybe you can make your point without links? Or maybe you can't... I don't know.

#418 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?

And make yourself clear. You say Nashville doesn't have the cash, then you say it would be foolish to give weber the cash. Which is it? Here, I'll make it easy for you. Nashville does have the cash. And what you perceive to be foolish is just that...your perception. Not matching this offer and letting their franchise player walk is incredibly foolish! His worth to the franchise is more than just money. If he walks, then Nashville has no chance of attracting any top level players. The fanbase would be outraged. And then you can start to use the term "rebuilding". No question it would decimate this franchise. Now ask the question again, would it be more foolish to pay him or let him walk?

Im not trying to be a jerk here. I understand what you are trying to say and if this was 2007, then I'd say that you are right in your assumptions. Don't be misguided by what you think the predators franchise can or cannot do based on their past. I do enjoy the back and forth. Like i said before, this is a fun board and I enjoy the discussion.

Buy you saying "Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?" you are saying that EVERY thing online is BS, well things that aren't slanted your way are. But anyways this is why Preds fans are the laughing stock of message boards and the NHL.

Fact #1 The Forbed site is based off 2011 data (Team Value1$163 M Team Value calculated November 2011) not 2007. http://www.forbes.co...ille-predators/ Is this URL BS too?
Fact#2 Nashville is $13.3M from the CAP FLOOR.
Fact#3 Weber Offer Sheet: CIRCUMVENTION? (I suppose this is BS too?) http://www.mcsorleys...-circumvention/
Facts#4 Shea Weber CBA offer sheet compensation CHEAT SHEET (This is BS too?) http://www.mcsorleys...on-cheat-sheet/

I have done noting but backed up my statements with facts. You keep telling all of us the owenership has the money, and if that is the case, then prove it. Don't just give me lip service, prove that ownership has it and not by "hear say" either.

I've proved my points...now the burden of proof is on YOU sir to prove that ownership has the money that you keep telling us.

#419 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Next time we meet Nashville or Philly, wherever Weber ends up, old teammates meet ... Tootoo takes him on to earn his stripes for the Wings? :clap:

#420 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I agree, none of those links prove how much money the Preds owner has. And there is no "burden of proof", this is a messageboard not a court room. Chill out dood.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."