• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Does Babcock walk?

Rate this topic

I actually think Babcock is the most important person on the Redwings right now. The roster has been slowly going backwards the last 3 seasons, and its taken a big step backwards with the retirement of Lidstrom. Based on the talent of our roster right now, we're a bubble playoff team that could finish anywhere from 6th to 10th. The difference between making the playoffs or not for us is going to come down to

1) Health

2) Goaltending

3) Coaching

If Babs can somehow drag this roster to a division title he might finally win the Jack Adams he so richly deserves.

I actually think Babcock is the most important person on the Redwings right now. The roster has been slowly going backwards the last 3 seasons, and its taken a big step backwards with the retirement of Lidstrom. Based on the talent of our roster right now, we're a bubble playoff team that could finish anywhere from 6th to 10th. The difference between making the playoffs or not for us is going to come down to

1) Health

2) Goaltending

3) Coaching

If Babs can somehow drag this roster to a division title he might finally win the Jack Adams he so richly deserves.

Yeah very true. This is his time to put his talent into the game and take a weakened team and keep them going. Yet as someone mentioned earlier do you think there's a chance that the players don't really respond to him as they used to? You know, same old Babs? He's a scary guy that's for sure but surely some players who have been around him for a while wont be as intimidated. That's why I like the Tootoo signing as he's going to give everything this year, that could well spark a lot of players on this team.

I think maybe some so called Red Wings fans should walk :lol:

That aimed at me? Because if so I don't think it's justified. At no point did I say "Babcock is going to/should walk", I simply asked a question whether people see him being disillusioned at the lack of big moves considering we've lost big pieces. Like has been said, the offseason isn't over and we could still do something huge, and I for one think Babs is vital to our success, however I simply thought I would promote a debate on whether or not he could be gone when his contract is done? I'm a bit annoyed at the lack of moves we've made recently, but maybe I'm a bit spoilt after Rafalski and Stuart worked so well, then we landed Hossa, that some moves don't seem to live up to them, but I'm always going to stay with this team and support them with everything I have. Coaches may feel they're not being given the resources to do their job. AGAIN, not saying Babs thinks this, simply posing a question.