• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Top 2013 UFA's

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Hope? or another dissapointing off-season to look forward to? Here's the link - http://capgeek.com/f...-1&fa_type_id=2

Much, much, much deeper class. Here are some of the highlights -

Corey Perry. 27. Pav will have to apologize for beating him up. But a stallwart of team Canada. Maybe he and Babcock have a repore? True power-forward that puts up a lot of points. Would be an excellent addition.

Ryan Getzlaf. 27. Big, hard-nosed, super-skilled center. Would allow us to reunite Pav and Hank together on the first line. Another one of Babcock's team Canada players. Maybe we could package he and Perry?

Alexander Edler. 26. Excellent offensive defenseman that we've inquired about in the past. Not overly physical, but one big Swede.

Tobias Enstrom. 27. Super-skilled defenseman that definitely brings the kind of skill-set we desire in our defensemen.

Nathan Horton. 27. Skilled power forward I would love to add. We'll have to wait and see about his concusion issues though?

Scott Hartnell. 30.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard. 28.

Derek Roy. 29.

Ryan Whitney. 29.

Ryan Clowe. 27.

Travis Zajac. 27.

Dustin Penner. 29.

Stephen Weiss. 29.

Veterans: J. Iginla(35), P. Elias(36), D. Alfredsson(39), J. Jagr(40), T. Selanne(42), S. Koivu(37), L. Visnovsky(35), M. Streit(34), K. Timonen(37), S. Gonchar(38), A. McDonald(34), M. Ribeiro(35), M. Fisher(32). B. Morrow(32). S. Gagne(32).

Many, many, many, many more as well!

Our own: Howard - will hopefully be resigned. Filppula - will hopefully be resigned. White - will hopefully be resigned. Brunner - we'll see. Miller - probably no room with the youngsters. Cleary - will hopefully be let go.

Hope? or another dissapointing off-season to look forward to? Here's the link - http://capgeek.com/f...-1&fa_type_id=2

Much, much, much deeper class. Here are some of the highlights -

Corey Perry. 27. Pav will have to apologize for beating him up. But a stallwart of team Canada. Maybe he and Babcock have a repore? True power-forward that puts up a lot of points. Would be an excellent addition.

Ryan Getzlaf. 27. Big, hard-nosed, super-skilled center. Would allow us to reunite Pav and Hank together on the first line. Another one of Babcock's team Canada players. Maybe we could package he and Perry?

Alexander Edler. 26. Excellent offensive defenseman that we've inquired about in the past. Not overly physical, but one big Swede.

Tobias Enstrom. 27. Super-skilled defenseman that definitely brings the kind of skill-set we desire in our defensemen.

Nathan Horton. 27. Skilled power forward I would love to add. We'll have to wait and see about his concusion issues though?

Scott Hartnell. 30.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard. 28.

Derek Roy. 29.

Ryan Whitney. 29.

Ryan Clowe. 27.

Travis Zajac. 27.

Dustin Penner. 29.

Stephen Weiss. 29.

Veterans: J. Iginla(35), P. Elias(36), D. Alfredsson(39), J. Jagr(40), T. Selanne(42), S. Koivu(37), L. Visnovsky(35), M. Streit(34), K. Timonen(37), S. Gonchar(38), A. McDonald(34), M. Ribeiro(35), M. Fisher(32). B. Morrow(32). S. Gagne(32).

Many, many, many, many more as well!

Our own: Howard - will hopefully be resigned. Filppula - will hopefully be resigned. White - will hopefully be resigned. Brunner - we'll see. Miller - probably no room with the youngsters. Cleary - will hopefully be let go.

I'd like Getzlaf, Edler and Hartnell. Back up plan, Zajac, Iginla and Whitney.

Troy Brouwer I always thought would look good in a Winged Wheel as well.

Veterans: J. Iginla(35)

That would do nicely for me :) Iginla in there because I've always wanted him here hehe. But Enstrom could be huge for us. Getz goes without saying and despite building a bit of a rivalry with the Wings over the years, all the guys involved seem to enjoy playing against each other/have a good respect for each other. Not like other rivalries out there. I could see that happening.

Perry would be nice as well and kind of highlights my point above. When Dats fought him there was a sort of look on Perry's face that suggested "heck I wasn't expecting that! Much respect" sort of thing

Most of those guys will be re-signed this season and when Free Agency rolls around that list will look alarmingly similar to this off-seasons.

If you have holes in your roster, fill them now, or during the season because if we've learned anything from this off-season, its that the competition for the few FA's available is fierce and to land one you're going to have to spend a ton of money.

Most of those guys will be re-signed this season and when Free Agency rolls around that list will look alarmingly similar to this off-seasons.

If you have holes in your roster, fill them now, or during the season because if we've learned anything from this off-season, its that the competition for the few FA's available is fierce and to land one you're going to have to spend a ton of money.

Yup. Every year everyone says "just wait till next off-season, so much deeper!" problem is, it's not. Most will be re-signed throughout the year and next years FA crop will be pretty darn similar to this years

Or they'll be offered 13-14 year deals by someone before the new CBA is brought in :cheesy:

Yup. Every year everyone says "just wait till next off-season, so much deeper!" problem is, it's not. Most will be re-signed throughout the year and next years FA crop will be pretty darn similar to this years

Now that Weber's fate for the next 14 years will be decided in 7 days or less, the cornerstone of next offseason is gonzo. Still some great names there, but yes, once they start negotiating and signing with their teams, Holland may have to sift through table scraps again. Hopefully there's a couple big names that "want a change of scenery".

Some people may be surprised how little this list dwindles by next summer depending on how the CBA works itself out. If the cap drops (which is definitely possible) and there is a limit on contract duration etc. some of these players may be with teams who just simply dont have the room to offer full value. Plus, if signing bonuses and front loading is gone by the new CBA these players will be taking a lot of different factors into consideration (when compared the the rash of long term signing with teams over the last 4-5 years).

I could see the wings trying to trade for enstrom/edler at the deadline this year..

Even if VAN felt Edler could not be re-signed I can't see them taking away such a strong player off their roster at the deadline...let alone trading him to the Wings. But I do think you're right, the Wings will have interest. I just can't see it actually happening. Enstrom would be the more likely of the two, in my opinion

Even if VAN felt Edler could not be re-signed I can't see them taking away such a strong player off their roster at the deadline...let alone trading him to the Wings. But I do think you're right, the Wings will have interest. I just can't see it actually happening. Enstrom would be the more likely of the two, in my opinion

Yea agreed. I mostly meant we would have interest. And yea, enstrom is probably more likely, I would love to have him here right before a cup run.

Clowe, Perry and Edler would be my ideal three. Getzlaf is a great player, but the Red Wings need natural goal-scorers and Perry provides that way more than Getzlaf. Edler would be the top-pairing defenseman the Red Wings badly need.

I'm not getting my hopes up anymore for free agency though. Ryan Suter ruined everything for me.

Edited by GoWings1905

I think it would make far more sense to be looking at next years draft class. We can be reasonably assured we'll get a shot at some of the top tier talent available in that pool, given the mediocre defensive we'll ice in 2012-13.

As others have said, it always looks like next year is a much better free agent market. But once we get there it won't be significantly better.

That said, on that list Enstrom would be my #1 target. I even think Holland should go after him right now. . If he was indeed close to swinging a trade for Weber, why not try a trade for Enstrom? The asking price would be much lower than for Weber, and obviously Enstrom isn't Weber, but he is a very skilled and intelligent player. There is a risk he has a great year and his price goes way up. He had 51 points in just 72 games the year before the last one which was an off year for him with injuries.

Getzlaf and Perry, even though I hate them both, would obviously be targets too. I doubt they both reach UFA status, but if they do they'll have Parise/Suter levels of interest so it will be just as hard to sign them.

As others have said, it always looks like next year is a much better free agent market. But once we get there it won't be significantly better.

That said, on that list Enstrom would be my #1 target. I even think Holland should go after him right now. . If he was indeed close to swinging a trade for Weber, why not try a trade for Enstrom? The asking price would be much lower than for Weber, and obviously Enstrom isn't Weber, but he is a very skilled and intelligent player. There is a risk he has a great year and his price goes way up. He had 51 points in just 72 games the year before the last one which was an off year for him with injuries.

Getzlaf and Perry, even though I hate them both, would obviously be targets too. I doubt they both reach UFA status, but if they do they'll have Parise/Suter levels of interest so it will be just as hard to sign them.

Yeah Enstrom will be cheaper than Weber, and not to mention he's in a contract year so it's trade him, offer him the bank, or risk losing him. I say chances are most likely they lose him so a trade is best bets for them really. Then again I'm just saying that so we can have him :)