• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Holland losing his moxie? Is Detroit slipping as UFA destination?

Rate this topic

I will bet you 20 bucks. That good? Howard had 35 last year, just as a heads up.

whoa whoa whoa....u wanna bet on it? as in i get 20 bucks if the wings do 30 wins or better? DONE

whoa whoa whoa....u wanna bet on it? as in i get 20 bucks if the wings do 30 wins or better? DONE

i will gladly send u a 20 spot if the wings do worse than 30 wins, gladly. ur on sir

He wasn't betting on the Wings getting 30 wins, he was betting on HOWARD getting 30 wins.

EDIT: Which, I believe he will still accomplish. I don't think our team is in that bad of shape that we're going to lose that many more games. The only thing that I think could stop Howard from getting 30 wins is if Gustavsson plays well enough to truly split time with him.

Edited by skyphoenix

Yes that's it...bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs.

So how appealing are the Red Wings now?

EDIT: Lost my password for the other acct. , convenient way to get rid of 217 negatives too.

This is how delusional opposing teams fans are, why every team thinks they are the rival of Detroit.

Detroit finds a way to win.

That is what burns you up.

Detroit will always be appealing to it's fans, good luck convincing them otherwise, sounds like a good use of your time.

:hysterical:

anyway...centcouger (new account?)

I think Detroit is still a desirable place for UFA's or nobody would ever come here...ever. There has been plenty of UFA's pass on Detroit throughout the last 20 years, has it made Detroit any less dominant? No, and the fact that Mary Kate and Ashley chose to play close to family (for more money too mind you) does not mean Detroit is not a destination desired by most NHL players. It is only the situation that are in and looking for that leads them to where they go.

Ask yourself this if Detroit was such a horrible destination, why is it when players are asked to submit a list of 5 or 6 teams they would waive their NTC/NMC for 95% of the time (if not 100%) Detroit is on their list...Seems to me I rarely see the likes of Minnesota or St. Louis on anyone's list... Sometimes, more cash and family are things that another city cannot compete with...I am good with that, and can understand.

I have pride in the fact that, when a UFA does sign here, he RARELY goes anywhere else after, unless it is for one of those reason's, family or just looking to cash in. The ONLY reason Hossa isn't here for 12 years rather than Chicago is the fact that Holland chose Franzine and wasn't sure what Hudler was going to do re-sign or explore RFA, he chose Russia instead and Hossa had already gone due to cap space or lack there of...One mistake Holland will not admit to making.

Probably a new account so he won't have a bad rep in his profile...

And Backstrom has to be in the playoffs to be an elite playoff goalie. Brunner wanted to sign here. Tootoo, a div rival for many years came here. Sammy wanted to come back. Gustafsson fits well in the organization with fellow Swedes. Suter would have come here if he were wearing the pants. The Wings have lots of interest from players all over the world.

I thought Sammy and Tootoo weren't re-signed by their respective teams and had no other offers?

esteef

You're right who would want Samuelsson, it's not like he had the same PPG as Richards, Van Riemsdyk, Roy, Brassard, Hornqviust, Setoguchi, Hemsky, S. Koivu, Gagne, Booth, Duchene, Ruutu, Morrow, Dubinsky, or Stewart. None of these players have any value, I'm surprised they are even on NHL teams!

He wasn't betting on the Wings getting 30 wins, he was betting on HOWARD getting 30 wins.

EDIT: Which, I believe he will still accomplish. I don't think our team is in that bad of shape that we're going to lose that many more games. The only thing that I think could stop Howard from getting 30 wins is if Gustavsson plays well enough to truly split time with him.

not sure if my post got deleted or not, but ill still take the howie with 30 wins or more bet Axey boy

You're right who would want Samuelsson, it's not like he had the same PPG as Richards, Van Riemsdyk, Roy, Brassard, Hornqviust, Setoguchi, Hemsky, S. Koivu, Gagne, Booth, Duchene, Ruutu, Morrow, Dubinsky, or Stewart. None of these players have any value, I'm surprised they are even on NHL teams!

Sarcasm aside, Sammy's PPG being the same or near anyone on that list is not the same as Sammy being equal to that player.

Unless you're honestly saying the given the choice between Sammy and Mike Richards (I'm guessing you meant Mike), it's a wash?

Or Sammy and the 22 year old Sam Gagner (I'm also assuming that's who you meant and not Simon Gagne who was out most of the season with a concussion)

I could go down the whole list but I think you get my point.

Sarcasm aside, Sammy's PPG being the same or near anyone on that list is not the same as Sammy being equal to that player.

Unless you're honestly saying the given the choice between Sammy and Mike Richards (I'm guessing you meant Mike), it's a wash?

Or Sammy and the 22 year old Sam Gagner (I'm also assuming that's who you meant and not Simon Gagne who was out most of the season with a concussion)

I could go down the whole list but I think you get my point.

Absolutely, I wouldn't say Sammy isn't a good player though, he's an upgrade defensively to Hudler for example, he's stronger on the puck and in the corners.

I'm not saying Sammy is as valuable as Richards overall, just saying Sammy has value and didn't chose Detroit based on the only offer that's all.

I wasn't ripping Sammy, I was simply stating fact.

esteef

edit: and I totally like Sammy better than Huddles.

Edited by esteef

I wasn't ripping Sammy, I was simply stating fact.

esteef

edit: and I totally like Sammy better than Huddles.

Fair enough, my bad. Just in context I took it as though he wouldn't even been playing in the NHL if not with us. Sammy's not a bad secondary scorer imo, just worried about injuries.

LIDSTROMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

A goalie can't be good without a top 3 all time dman, what are you thinking?!?!?!?

no no....OUR goalies can't be good without a top 3 all time dman. Minnesota and st Louis have 2 of the best goalies of like forever. Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I thought Sammy and Tootoo weren't re-signed by their respective teams and had no other offers?

esteef

Tootoo wasn't given an offer by Nashville, which was a forgone conclusion after his temper tantrum in round 1. He didn't have any offers on the table when he signed with Detroit, though his agent said he was expecting another unnamed team to make a "sizable" offer.

That being said, I think he's a solid 4th line acquisition for Detroit

Tootoo wasn't given an offer by Nashville, which was a forgone conclusion after his temper tantrum in round 1. He didn't have any offers on the table when he signed with Detroit, though his agent said he was expecting another unnamed team to make a "sizable" offer.

Agree, again not ripping Tootoo at all. Simply pointing out he wasn't banging on the door to play for Detroit.

esteef

Oh, that that unnamed team would have presented a sizable offer.

Am I the only one who if I have disdain for a player, the disdain remains even after they sign with the Wings? To me, they're either a good/respectable/desirable player and potential acquisition or they're not, no matter who they play for.

I don't think Holland has lost any "moxie". I think he miscalculated on things like availability and timelines and is guilty of being unprepared, but once he woke up, he did everything he could. That lapse in judgement aside, I'll still keep him. For now. *evil grin*

I don't think Tootoo was a bad signing. Yes I know he had some "issues" but I think a new environment will do wonders for him. He brings the toughness we need.

Guest The Axe

Cool. Message me when the time is right and i will pay up thru pay pal if I lose. I think the line is solid.

Now back to the subject, is Holland still on vacay? Why are we in stand still with no #1 and no #2 dman in place?

Cool. Message me when the time is right and i will pay up thru pay pal if I lose. I think the line is solid.

Now back to the subject, is Holland still on vacay? Why are we in stand still with no #1 and no #2 dman in place?

If he was capable of getting one for the right price he already would have. If Kronners doesn't step up, White sucks without Lids, Q continues to suck, and Kindl and Smith are too green, then I'd expect he'd get someone bigger at the deadline when one is for sale....even Holland would have to make a trade with a hole that big.

Guest The Axe

If he was capable of getting one for the right price he already would have. If Kronners doesn't step up, White sucks without Lids, Q continues to suck, and Kindl and Smith are too green, then I'd expect he'd get someone bigger at the deadline when one is for sale....even Holland would have to make a trade with a hole that big.

Do you think thats possible? Who do you have in mind? And I think we may be in too big of a hole if we wait til March/April. Whacha think?