Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Holland losing his moxie? Is Detroit slipping as UFA destination?

ken holland

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#261 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

You're right who would want Samuelsson, it's not like he had the same PPG as Richards, Van Riemsdyk, Roy, Brassard, Hornqviust, Setoguchi, Hemsky, S. Koivu, Gagne, Booth, Duchene, Ruutu, Morrow, Dubinsky, or Stewart. None of these players have any value, I'm surprised they are even on NHL teams!

Sarcasm aside, Sammy's PPG being the same or near anyone on that list is not the same as Sammy being equal to that player.

Unless you're honestly saying the given the choice between Sammy and Mike Richards (I'm guessing you meant Mike), it's a wash?
Or Sammy and the 22 year old Sam Gagner (I'm also assuming that's who you meant and not Simon Gagne who was out most of the season with a concussion)

I could go down the whole list but I think you get my point.

#262 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Sarcasm aside, Sammy's PPG being the same or near anyone on that list is not the same as Sammy being equal to that player.

Unless you're honestly saying the given the choice between Sammy and Mike Richards (I'm guessing you meant Mike), it's a wash?
Or Sammy and the 22 year old Sam Gagner (I'm also assuming that's who you meant and not Simon Gagne who was out most of the season with a concussion)

I could go down the whole list but I think you get my point.

Absolutely, I wouldn't say Sammy isn't a good player though, he's an upgrade defensively to Hudler for example, he's stronger on the puck and in the corners.

I'm not saying Sammy is as valuable as Richards overall, just saying Sammy has value and didn't chose Detroit based on the only offer that's all.

#263 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

You're right who would want Samuelsson, it's not like he had the same PPG as Richards, Van Riemsdyk, Roy, Brassard, Hornqviust, Setoguchi, Hemsky, S. Koivu, Gagne, Booth, Duchene, Ruutu, Morrow, Dubinsky, or Stewart. None of these players have any value, I'm surprised they are even on NHL teams!

I wasn't ripping Sammy, I was simply stating fact.

esteef

edit: and I totally like Sammy better than Huddles.

Edited by esteef, 02 August 2012 - 02:22 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#264 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I wasn't ripping Sammy, I was simply stating fact.

esteef

edit: and I totally like Sammy better than Huddles.

Fair enough, my bad. Just in context I took it as though he wouldn't even been playing in the NHL if not with us. Sammy's not a bad secondary scorer imo, just worried about injuries.

#265 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Fair enough, my bad. Just in context I took it as though he wouldn't even been playing in the NHL if not with us. Sammy's not a bad secondary scorer imo, just worried about injuries.

And he's one hell of a guitar player! :lol:

Posted Image

esteef

#266 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I will bet you 20 bucks. That good? Howard had 35 last year, just as a heads up.

Howard had the most wins of any goalie in the league when he got injured.
Posted Image

#267 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Howard had the most wins of any goalie in the league when he got injured.

LIDSTROMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

A goalie can't be good without a top 3 all time dman, what are you thinking?!?!?!?

#268 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

LIDSTROMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

A goalie can't be good without a top 3 all time dman, what are you thinking?!?!?!?

no no....OUR goalies can't be good without a top 3 all time dman. Minnesota and st Louis have 2 of the best goalies of like forever.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 02 August 2012 - 02:59 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#269 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

I thought Sammy and Tootoo weren't re-signed by their respective teams and had no other offers?

esteef

Tootoo wasn't given an offer by Nashville, which was a forgone conclusion after his temper tantrum in round 1. He didn't have any offers on the table when he signed with Detroit, though his agent said he was expecting another unnamed team to make a "sizable" offer.

That being said, I think he's a solid 4th line acquisition for Detroit

#270 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Tootoo wasn't given an offer by Nashville, which was a forgone conclusion after his temper tantrum in round 1. He didn't have any offers on the table when he signed with Detroit, though his agent said he was expecting another unnamed team to make a "sizable" offer.

Agree, again not ripping Tootoo at all. Simply pointing out he wasn't banging on the door to play for Detroit.

esteef

#271 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Oh, that that unnamed team would have presented a sizable offer.

Am I the only one who if I have disdain for a player, the disdain remains even after they sign with the Wings? To me, they're either a good/respectable/desirable player and potential acquisition or they're not, no matter who they play for.

I don't think Holland has lost any "moxie". I think he miscalculated on things like availability and timelines and is guilty of being unprepared, but once he woke up, he did everything he could. That lapse in judgement aside, I'll still keep him. For now. *evil grin*
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#272 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I don't think Tootoo was a bad signing. Yes I know he had some "issues" but I think a new environment will do wonders for him. He brings the toughness we need.

#273 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Cool. Message me when the time is right and i will pay up thru pay pal if I lose. I think the line is solid.

Now back to the subject, is Holland still on vacay? Why are we in stand still with no #1 and no #2 dman in place?

#274 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Cool. Message me when the time is right and i will pay up thru pay pal if I lose. I think the line is solid.

Now back to the subject, is Holland still on vacay? Why are we in stand still with no #1 and no #2 dman in place?

If he was capable of getting one for the right price he already would have. If Kronners doesn't step up, White sucks without Lids, Q continues to suck, and Kindl and Smith are too green, then I'd expect he'd get someone bigger at the deadline when one is for sale....even Holland would have to make a trade with a hole that big.

#275 goon19

goon19

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

im also happy with the tootoo signing. we need more toughness. badly.

#276 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Kronwall - White
Quincey - Colaiacovo
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl

It hurts my eyes and my head and my brain and my heart and my soul. And my spleen.

If we go into the season with this, Holland has lost his sanity.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#277 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

If he was capable of getting one for the right price he already would have. If Kronners doesn't step up, White sucks without Lids, Q continues to suck, and Kindl and Smith are too green, then I'd expect he'd get someone bigger at the deadline when one is for sale....even Holland would have to make a trade with a hole that big.

Do you think thats possible? Who do you have in mind? And I think we may be in too big of a hole if we wait til March/April. Whacha think?

#278 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Do you think thats possible? Who do you have in mind? And I think we may be in too big of a hole if we wait til March/April. Whacha think?

I can't see the future so I have no idea which teams will be selling or who they would be selling

#279 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Good news of long-awaited event will come soon.

(On the other side of the fortune: the character for "Salt.") (I kid you not.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#280 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Kronwall is a capable #1 dman. If you don't think so, then you need to watch more Wings games. If you watch lots of Wings games already, you need to pay attention to them.

As for #2, just wait for Smith to show all you guys the way to be a #2 dman as a rookie and win the Calder. If Bouwmeester comes here, he should anchor the 2nd pairing with White or Ericsson.

Things aren't as bad as they seem and worst case scenario another young guy gets a shot...Almqvist, Sproul, Lashoff. there's always an option whether it be a tryout for a young guy or trade for a top 4 like JBo.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag