Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Holland losing his moxie? Is Detroit slipping as UFA destination?

ken holland

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#341 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

With RH shots we can at least put someone there for the option. I'm not trying to say one of these young guys or Brunner is the next Shanny or Hull. However, even having the option of the one timer presents a facet to the offense that has been lacking. It's one more thing that opposing defenses are going to have to worry about. Who knows, having RH on the off wing also can send it the other way for an LH one timer. Maybe Nyquist or Brunner will flourish there. In any case, it's a step up from the overall look the PP had last year.

Minus Lidstrom, plus Brunner/Sammy.

Sorry, not sold. At all.

#342 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

The presence of multiple RH shots creating one-timer opportunities should do wonders for the offense, particularly on the PP. Z Winged Dangler hit it on the head.

How many times last season during GDT threads were people complaining about not going for a one timer on the PP. I recall mentioning the lack of one-timer setups quite a few times myself. I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the PP improvement this season.

Edit: Does anyone remember if we've had a legit one-timer threat up front since Hull and Shanny left?

The best guy we have on the Wings at releasing one-timers is Eaves. We forget though cause he's been gone so long but he can hammer 'em. Z's always been good, but he's lost some power cause of his back issues. Lids obviously was the best at it, but he's no longer running the blue line. I really hope Eaves is ready to go this year cause he's a good hard grinder that can put up points. I wish Stamkos was a Wing. :unhappy:

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#343 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

The best guy we have on the Wings at releasing one-timers is Eaves. We forget though cause he's been gone so long but he can hammer 'em. Z's always been good, but he's lost some power cause of his back issues. Lids obviously was the best at it, but he's no longer running the blue line. I really hope Eaves is ready to go this year cause he's a good hard grinder that can put up points. I wish Stamkos was a Wing. :unhappy:

That would be awesome!

#344 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

That would be awesome!

Then again...after next year it was mentioned that there's a chance that Pulkkinen could be in the mix to make the team. Not as good as Stamkos obviously, but he's got a good shot and sets up in the same areas as Stamkos to get the shot off. Could be a good thing. Pulkkinen's play style reminds me a lot of Brett Hull. Can put the puck in the net but not known for D. We'll see though.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

#345 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Then again...after next year it was mentioned that there's a chance that Pulkkinen could be in the mix to make the team. Not as good as Stamkos obviously, but he's got a good shot and sets up in the same areas as Stamkos to get the shot off. Could be a good thing. Pulkkinen's play style reminds me a lot of Brett Hull. Can put the puck in the net but not known for D. We'll see though.

We dont need any more defensive forwards. We need guys who can bury it!

#346 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

We dont need any more defensive forwards. We need guys who can bury it!

Then Pulkkinen fits that bill. Brunner and Nyquist should be good additions too.

#347 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Then Pulkkinen fits that bill. Brunner and Nyquist should be good additions too.

I like where your head's at.