• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Bouwmeester sucks. Just ask Calgary. The fact that Calgary is not a playoff team accounts for neither his frequent defensive errors nor his atrocious offensive numbers.

Edited by Crymson

This guy is one of the worst D man in the entire NHL. Iam not even talking about his contract, which is rediculous. Why would anyone even consider him to play for the Red Wings ? Not an option.

The only way I would even be considering JBo if I was the GM would be if it was part of a deal for Iginla and Calgary told me the only way I was getting Iginla would be if I swallowed JBo's contract as part of the deal..

Other than that I think there are probably still better options than JBo available on the FA market for a fraction of the price.

Guest Johnz96

Yea, it was their league 14th overall GA/G that cost them, not their league 24th GF/G :glare:

They have a $6 mil dollar man in net who plays like a $6 mill man

Edited by Johnz96

Oh yes, would love to see what Bouwmeester could do in Detroit. He is not the type of flashy defensemen Detroit fans has gotten used to but he can log a ton of minutes and play responsible in his own end. I think that's exactly what Detroit needs now that Lidstrom retired.

Guest Johnz96

Oh yes, would love to see what Bouwmeester could do in Detroit. He is not the type of flashy defensemen Detroit fans has gotten used to but he can log a ton of minutes and play responsible in his own end. I think that's exactly what Detroit needs now that Lidstrom retired.

Check out the Mike Peca clip at the top of the page, someone who has played against him. Pretty much says the opposite about being responsible in his own end. Living in Canada I get to see Calgary a lot on Hockey Night in Canada and I always thought he is fast, and has good hands and reach but he is soft and irresponsible in his own end.

How did you come to the conclusion that he is responsible in his own end?

he would make sense in terms of being one of the few top pairing guys that would be available. slotting him in there would really give us better depth. as others have said, he would probably look a lot better on this team in this system than he does in calgary. it is funny that so many are against him. remember the summer of 2009 when he was just as big a fish as suter was this summer???

with that said, i would worry that he has regressed because of his big contract, playing on a crappy team/org, or just not having his edge anymore. he would probably require a top forward like franzen/filppula to get him. that or multiple top end assets. that might be the tipping point for me. if it could be done with a reasonable trade, it might be worth it. i am not too worried about his contract as we do have lots of room this year and he would only be signed for 1 more season.

overall i doubt it happens. even though calgary fans detest bouwmeester, its not like calgary has many other quality top 4 D. giordano was the only other D that even made it past 15 points. though they did pick up wideman so that helps them a bit. even with the bad contract i just dont see calgary making a move. and it doesnt look like calgary has really ever committed to a rebuild, so thats why i think it would take a quality roster player going there to make the deal happen.

Edited by dobbles

The void left by Commodore still exists; this would be a perfect match.

Not to de-rail the thread, but I thought about Commie the other day. He's a FA now, so if nothing else works out Holland could offer him a 1-year deal for $1-2 mil and have him be a shutdown 6th or 7th d-man. I don't think he was that bad when he was here. He just doesn't have the speed one would like to see.

Guest Johnz96

he would make sense in terms of being one of the few top pairing guys that would be available. slotting him in there would really give us better depth. as others have said, he would probably look a lot better on this team in this system than he does in calgary. it is funny that so many are against him. remember the summer of 2009 when he was just as big a fish as suter was this summer???

with that said, i would worry that he has regressed because of his big contract, playing on a crappy team/org, or just not having his edge anymore. he would probably require a top forward like franzen/filppula to get him. that or multiple top end assets. that might be the tipping point for me. if it could be done with a reasonable trade, it might be worth it. i am not too worried about his contract as we do have lots of room this year and he would only be signed for 1 more season.

overall i doubt it happens. even though calgary fans detest bouwmeester, its not like calgary has many other quality top 4 D. giordano was the only other D that even made it past 15 points. though they did pick up wideman so that helps them a bit. even with the bad contract i just dont see calgary making a move. and it doesnt look like calgary has really ever committed to a rebuild, so thats why i think it would take a quality roster player going there to make the deal happen.

He has never had any edge. He is only a top pairing defenseman because of his pay cheque. Calgary would love to move him and his contract.

yea, because he hasn't been declining in recent years at all :glare:

If you talk to people in Calgary, they'll tell you that he just had an MVP worthy season this past year. Stats may not have been great, but without the way he played, Calgary would have been near the bottom of the standings.

I really do hope that we swing a trade for Bouwmeester. He was fantastic in Florida, and would do great in our system. It's not his fault that Calgary over payed for him. It's painfully obvious that he does not fit well in Calgary's system.

I would also love to see Mr. Holland try to work a trade for Volchenkov. He would be a perfect replacement for Stuart. Not too mention, that I think we could get both of them for reasonable prices.

Kronwall - Bouwmeester

Smith - Volchenkov

Ericsson - Quincey

That is not a bad set of defenseman at all.

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m)/ Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,863,712; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $336,288

If you talk to people in Calgary, they'll tell you that he just had an MVP worthy season this past year. Stats may not have been great, but without the way he played, Calgary would have been near the bottom of the standings.

and he's still good, don't get me wrong, but he's not the Kipper of old... their D was not the sole reason they didn't make the playoffs...

He has never had any edge. He is only a top pairing defenseman because of his pay cheque. Calgary would love to move him and his contract.

i disagree. he has been playing the minutes of a top pairing guy for half a decade... and in florida, he was able to do it as a 1/2 ppg player and as a plus player post lockout. in calgary his numbers were down, but last year he still let the team in TOI. if you aren't a top pairing guy, you aren't on the ice that much.

i do agree he doesnt play with an edge. but the reason we need a defenseman is that we just lost a guy who was the definition of not playing with an edge. to me, thats why bouwmeester would be a decent fit. he plays that same style as lidstrom did. obviously no one does is as good as number 5 did, but why try to plug a round hole with a square peg? at least this way its a round peg, just not as bad ass of one!

not sure who you talk to, but he is pretty much universally hated on calgarypuck... they have been figuring out ways to trade him all summer...

I'd prefer Dirardi to Bouwmeester.

As would I, but he would cost more in a trade, so it's not an apples to apples comparison and doesn't really apply here... If Girardi is available and can be had for the same package as they'd give for Bo, you make that deal without thinking twice...

I have always liked him and would take him if calgary was moving him out for a reasonable trade.

Agreed and I think he could realistically be had for something along the lines of Kindl, Emmerton (or Miller, or Mursak) and a 3rd

It wouldn't be a very hefty package, you might even be able to get him for less than that, as you'd be taking on cap hit as well, which is what Calgary wants to dump...