Cory Emmerton

Pick

Sign Jim Vandermeer, and the defense looks like this:

Kronwall-Bouwmeester

Quincey-White

Ericsson-B.Smith

Vandermeer

I can dig it.

I can dig the JBO deal. Vandermeer doesn't seem like a Kenny Holland signing though.

I can dig the JBO deal. Vandermeer doesn't seem like a Kenny Holland signing though.

We're gonna need a 7th defenseman, and Ken likes to bring in players that are under the radar. Not many people saw the Mike Commodore signing coming last year. There are options besides Vandermeer out there. Who would you like to see us get as a 7th D-man?

We're gonna need a 7th defenseman, and Ken likes to bring in players that are under the radar. Not many people saw the Mike Commodore signing coming last year. There are options besides Vandermeer out there. Who would you like to see us get as a 7th D-man?

I think Pitt, Pheonix, Columbus, and possibly other teams will have to expose defensemen to waivers for the season. The Wings might be able to trade a depth player or late pick for someone like Bortuzzo.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'd like to see Hannan be the #7 guy. Could likely get him dirt cheap for 1 year.

I'd like to see Hannan be the #7 guy. Could likely get him dirt cheap for 1 year.

I wouldn't mind him. 1-year, $1mil?

I think Pitt, Pheonix, Columbus, and possibly other teams will have to expose defensemen to waivers for the season. The Wings might be able to trade a depth player or late pick for someone like Bortuzzo.

John Erskine in Washington doesn't look like he'll get much playing time this year. Wonder if Washington would take a late pick for him.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Hatethedrake!

John Erskine in Washington doesn't look like he'll get much playing time. Wonder if Washington would take a late pick for him.

Yeah 1 year, 1 mil sounds about right.

Kronwall-White

Bouwmeester-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Hannan

Looks like a decent group to me. Only if we can get JBO cheap though. His bloated contract should lessen his trade value.

Yeah 1 year, 1 mil sounds about right.

Kronwall-White

Bouwmeester-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Hannan

Looks like a decent group to me. Only if we can get JBO cheap though. His bloated contract should lessen his trade value.

Hannan is still capable of playing a regular roll, so there will be competition for that 3rd pairing spot, which is always good for the team.

John Erskine in Washington doesn't look like he'll get much playing time this year. Wonder if Washington would take a late pick for him.

Erskine would be a good choice. I'd like Bortuzzo because he is a big stay at home guy. The Wings have a lot of offensive defensemen in the system and a young, cheap defensive defensemen would be a good addition.

Edit- I'm unsure of Bortuzzo's speed. I am for JBo if picks and depth can get him.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

Erskine would be a good choice. I'd like Bortuzzo because he is a big stay at home guy. The Wings have a lot of offensive defensemen in the system and a young, cheap defensive defensemen would be a good addition.

Edit- I'm unsure of Bortuzzo's speed. I am for JBo if picks and depth can get him.

Don't know much about Bortuzzo, other than he plays in the Pens' organization. Do you see him playing with the Pens this year, or will he be in WBS?

Don't know much about Bortuzzo, other than he plays in the Pens' organization. Do you see him playing with the Pens this year, or will he be in WBS?

I don't think he'll crack the Pens top 6 unless there is a trade. He is a RFA now and I am unsure of his waiver status. The Pens do currently have 8 defensemen signed, and I believe the Yotes and CBJ have a similar amount.

I don't think he'll crack the Pens top 6 unless there is a trade. He is a RFA now and I am unsure of his waiver status. The Pens do currently have 8 defensemen signed, and I believe the Yotes and CBJ have a similar amount.

Nobody really interests me on Phoenix or Columbus, as far as guys who could be placed on waivers. Again, I don't know a whole lot about Bortuzzo. Supposedly Orpik was on the trade market, but I don't want that dumbaz here.

Nobody really interests me on Phoenix or Columbus, as far as guys who could be placed on waivers. Again, I don't know a whole lot about Bortuzzo. Supposedly Orpik was on the trade market, but I don't want that dumbaz here.

IMO the ideal player would be a younger, faster Commodore. However, I think Vandemeer or Commodore would be okay if no one better is available. From what I've seen of Bortuzzo, he's a big player who is solid in his own zone and can protect his teammates.

IMO the ideal player would be a younger, faster Commodore. However, I think Vandemeer or Commodore would be okay if no one better is available. From what I've seen of Bortuzzo, he's a big player who is solid in his own zone and can protect his teammates.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Commodore back, but there are about 5 bottom-pairing defensemen that are available that I'd rather take over him. How do you feel about Mike Komisarek? A buddy of mine mentioned that he could be dealt.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Commodore back, but there are about 5 bottom-pairing defensemen that are available that I'd rather take over him. How do you feel about Mike Komisarek? A buddy of mine mentioned that he could be dealt.

Too expensive for the two years left on his contract and his role. Who do you prefer over Commie?

Too expensive for the two years left on his contract and his role. Who do you prefer over Commie?

*Jim Vandermeer-UFA

*Scott Hannan-UFA

*John Erskine- 7th/8th defenseman in Washington. With young D like Orlov rising up in the ranks, I feel like if we came knocking at the door for a trade, they'd deal him for a prospect or a pick.

*Steve Montador- Its been reported numerous times that Chicago has more than enough depth on D and Montador seems to be the odd man out. Again, I think a prospect or a pick can get a deal done.

*Jim Vandermeer-UFA

*Scott Hannan-UFA

*John Erskine- 7th/8th defenseman in Washington. With young D like Orlov rising up in the ranks, I feel like if we came knocking at the door for a trade, they'd deal him for a prospect or a pick.

*Steve Montador- Its been reported numerous times that Chicago has more than enough depth on D and Montador seems to be the odd man out. Again, I think a prospect or a pick can get a deal done.

Monty has a big contract though and still a few years left... don't know if that's worth it... I'd rather sign Vandermeer or Jurcina (preferably Vandermeer) as our 6/7

if we are trading for anyone and it involves fil it better be for yandle not jbo

There's no way Fil would be traded for this - as I said earlier, JBo could be had for a relatively low price, that's part of the intrigue of getting him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he could be had for Kindl, Emmerton and a pick...

Edited by stevkrause

Jurcina has never really impressed me. He'll throw a big hit once in a while but he is not consistently physical.

How is Vandermeer as a defensive defenseman? I know he is physical but I don't know much about his positional play.

I liked Commie's attitude last year. He seemed very focused on being a dependable defender in his own zone.

Jurcina has never really impressed me. He'll throw a big hit once in a while but he is not consistently physical.

He blocks a ton of shots and is very solid defensively, even if if Jurcina isn't as physical as he should be for his size, he's still a solid shut down dman... probably a little better defensively than Vandermeer to be honest, but Vandermeer's still very solid defensively, and that additional physical edge is what makes me prefer him...

How is Vandermeer as a defensive defenseman? I know he is physical but I don't know much about his positional play.

I liked Commie's attitude last year. He seemed very focused on being a dependable defender in his own zone.

Just as good, if not a little better than Commie, he's a little faster too... he's not the best shut down dman of all time, but still very solid

I feel he's pretty reliable in his own zone. He's not gonna make any risky pinches at his blue line or anything. Clears the crease. Blocks shots. Not that it's completely indicative of his defensive prowess, but he was a +3 with San Jose last year. I feel like he's a bit quicker than Commodore. In addition, he is capable of playing forward.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Commodore seemed to take being the 7th defenseman last year.

Monty has a big contract though and still a few years left... don't know if that's worth it... I'd rather sign Vandermeer or Jurcina (preferably Vandermeer) as our 6/7

There's no way Fil would be traded for this - as I said earlier, JBo could be had for a relatively low price, that's part of the intrigue of getting him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he could be had for Kindl, Emmerton and a pick...

I would take that trade.

*Jim Vandermeer-UFA

*Scott Hannan-UFA

Of those 4, only one plays on the right side, which is where we lack players. Montador would be a good fit, but I'm not sure I want to trade for a #6 or #7 defenceman.

Jurcina ranked 20th in the league for hits by a defenceman and he only played 65 games. He's also a great shot blocker and he kills penalties. I actually think he'd be the best fit to replace Stuart, if it weren't for his terrible skating.

The fact that he's 6'4 and 253lbs doesn't hurt either.

Edited by FlashyG