• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

there is a zero percent chance that bouwmeester is traded for scraps like kindl, mursak, and a first... feaster is a pretty bad gm, but not that bad.

How is that scraps? Kindl is a 1st rd pick, that still has a LOT of upside and is only 25, add that to a legit 4th liner for depth and another draft pick?! also the fact that Calgary wants the cap space cleared and it adds up... It'd be a win-win deal

How is that scraps? Kindl is a 1st rd pick, that still has a LOT of upside and is only 25, add that to a legit 4th liner for depth and another draft pick?! also the fact that Calgary wants the cap space cleared and it adds up... It'd be a win-win deal

regardless of his statistics last season, bouwmeester has spent 5+ years as a top pairing defenseman. why would calgary trade him for a defensemen with 17 career points, a forward with 4 career points, and a 1st round pick that most likely wont be in the top half of the round?

dont get me wrong, as a wings fan i love kindl and mursak and have been optimistic about them for years. but kindl was a first round pick 7 years ago. he doesnt exactly hold much weight as a 'prospect.' kindl was very underwhelming in grand rapids including a -34 season. while i know thats often an overused stat, the reason i find it important is that he was by far the worst on the team. he put up only decent offensive numbers in grand rapids. he showed little in his first half season with the wings. i do feel he had a good year this year with 13 points and looked good in games, but not enough to warrant being sought after in a trade for a top pairing guy. for mursak, he put up 86 points in 184 games in grand rapids. once again, not that great. he has 4 points in 44 nhl games.

how are either of those guys assets that calgary would want back? they might as well trade him for picks only or for guys that are young enough to still turn out better. mursak is 24 and kindl is 25. not really prime candidates to be prospects.

Guest Crymson

Kindl is a 1st rd pick, that still has a LOT of upside

You and others only refer to him this way when you've suggested him in a trade proposal. You know, there's a reason why you feel he's expendable...

regardless of his statistics last season, bouwmeester has spent 5+ years as a top pairing defenseman. why would calgary trade him for a defensemen with 17 career points, a forward with 4 career points, and a 1st round pick that most likely wont be in the top half of the round?

dont get me wrong, as a wings fan i love kindl and mursak and have been optimistic about them for years. but kindl was a first round pick 7 years ago. he doesnt exactly hold much weight as a 'prospect.' kindl was very underwhelming in grand rapids including a -34 season. while i know thats often an overused stat, the reason i find it important is that he was by far the worst on the team. he put up only decent offensive numbers in grand rapids. he showed little in his first half season with the wings. i do feel he had a good year this year with 13 points and looked good in games, but not enough to warrant being sought after in a trade for a top pairing guy. for mursak, he put up 86 points in 184 games in grand rapids. once again, not that great. he has 4 points in 44 nhl games.

how are either of those guys assets that calgary would want back? they might as well trade him for picks only or for guys that are young enough to still turn out better. mursak is 24 and kindl is 25. not really prime candidates to be prospects.

I never said Mursak, but I still feel he'd be a reasonable piece... Defensemen generally don't develop as fast either, and Kindl made great strides each year in GR (look at his +/- and how it improved considerably each year), also, as I already touched on, I feel Kindl's style better fits in Calgary's system and JBo's style here... Win-win

Picks/prospects/4th liner piece, feel free to adjust as you like...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Crymson

I never said Mursak, but I still feel he'd be a reasonable piece... Defensemen generally don't develop as fast either, and Kindl made great strides each yeast in GR (look at his +/- and how it improved considerably each year), also, as I already touched on, I feel Kindl's style better fits in Calgary's system and JBo's style here... Win-win

Picks/prospects/4th liner piece, feel free to adjust as you like...

What, exactly, is Kindl's style, and why would it fit well in Calgary?

What, exactly, is Kindl's style, and why would it fit well in Calgary?

I know you're just being your usual, abrasive, argumentative self, and are only asking this for the sake of dredging up more content to argue about, but I'll play.

Wide open, run and gun style - more opportunities to pinch.

Guest Crymson

I know you're just being your usual, abrasive, argumentative self, and are only asking this for the sake of dredging up more content to argue about, but I'll play.

No, I asked it because you said that Kindl had a defined style and I was curious what you felt that style was.

And what makes you think that this would fit in well with the Flames' system? The reality of Kindl is that he's below average at offense, average at defense, and does not use his size. He would be a #6 defenseman on most teams in the league. He does not have "a ton of upside," as you have said. If he did, then he'd have continued developing with the Wings. As things stand, he has had difficulty cracking the lineup on a regular basis, and he has neither impressed nor improved in any substantial manner over the past three seasons.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kindl is like the 1 chick left at the end of the bar who will not go home. No matter how much you look at her, she will always look the same. Whiskey, Rye, Rum, Vodka, it doesn't matter. Kindl will never get any better than he is now. Which is not very good. I know some of you like him but I don't. He reminds me of Yan Golubovsky and Max Kuznetsov. They never improve no matter how much you play them and they have no redeeming qualities. Just like the chick at the end of the bar at 2 AM.

No, I asked it because you said that Kindl had a defined style and I was curious what you felt that style was.

And what makes you think that this would fit in well with the Flames' system? The reality of Kindl is that he's below average at offense, average at defense, and does not use his size. He would be a #6 defenseman on most teams in the league. He does not have "a ton of upside," as you have said. If he did, then he'd have continued developing with the Wings. As things stand, he has had difficulty cracking the lineup on a regular basis, and he has neither impressed nor improved in any substantial manner over the past three seasons.

You just proved stevekrause was exactly right. :lol:

If Quincey cost us a 1st rounder - I'm certain Bouwmeester will cost much - much more.

The only way we get him cheap is if Feaster is desperate in moving him for cap space; I'm not so sure if he's that desperate.

I agree completely, and I'm not sure he's worth much more than Quincey considering their production over the past few seasons. When you consider he'd also be the highest paid player on the team I think I'd rather pass and look for other options.

I agree completely, and I'm not sure he's worth much more than Quincey considering their production over the past few seasons. When you consider he'd also be the highest paid player on the team I think I'd rather pass and look for other options.

This. He got Lidstrom-like playing time and put up Kyle Quincey numbers. Actually, Quincey was more productive than him at LA and COL.

After sleeping on this, I have little interest. Especially if we had to give up any of the top 4 trade assets normally thrown around (Flip, Franzen, Nyquist, Smith)

seems like a good guy, but if people don't think ericsson uses his size enough, this guy will be burned to the ground here.

I'm one of the few here that like JBo, but that would be a MASSIVE over payment, Flip straight up would be too much for him... Let alone E, who, regardless of the flak he takes on here, was very good last year and makes a noticable difference on our PK

I'm one of the few here that like JBo, but that would be a MASSIVE over payment, Flip straight up would be too much for him... Let alone E, who, regardless of the flak he takes on here, was very good last year and makes a noticable difference on our PK

I think Jbow would compliment Kronwall nicely, but if we are going to take on that salary the deal better favor us. I have a hard time letting Filpulla go in a deal for Jbow.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought E was good last year.

This. He got Lidstrom-like playing time and put up Kyle Quincey numbers. Actually, Quincey was more productive than him at LA and COL.

This...and gets Lids-like $$$ as well.

I'd rather want to see Ken trying to trade for Bogosian.He's young,big,gritty,shots right handed and is relatively cheap.